Prospect Info: [ 2018 - 71st] Jordan Harris (NCAA - Northeastern University)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tighthead

Nov 9, 2016
NHL shouldn't allow this to happen. You go where you are drafted or go do something else. This is a loop hole to let these kids dictate what they want to do. U.S. kids are the worst for this. I don't see this happening with Canadian hockey players. They go where they are drafted.

God forbid someone coming out of college have any autonomy over their career.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
QUESTION :

Was McDonaugh signed by the Habs when he was traded to NYR.... Or did he sign when he arrived with the NYR ? I hink Habs have not signed him yet and were about to lose him for nothing if he would not had signed.
Habs traded him after his 2nd year at U of Wisconsin, he played one more year at college before signing w NYR. Then played 1/2 season w Hartford Whale in AHL

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
So it is different then. Just make it the same for both, whatever that may be and then it's all good.

It's not different for the same age.

As a CHL guy, Harris could have re-entered the draft in 2020, get re-drafted and be FA in 2022, just like now.

If a CHL guy is drafted at 19, he can be a FA younger than a NCAA guy since at 21 he would be too old for the draft and thus become FA.

Reactions: Tighthead and Deebs

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
Oh, and he's a Booins fan? Ouin...OK. Chances are Buttlicker was right and he doesn't want to play for the Habs because of that.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
If he doesn't sign, I want to read again how the organization was FULLY agreeing with what the kid decided to go for. Especially if this Bruin fan, Mass native, decided to take his chance with Boston based on how many openings there is on that blue line.....

Fully supported. Not fully agreed. I'm pretty certain the organization didn't agree with the decision since they offered him a contract. But they have no choice but to support it.

Imagine the transparency we all want, MB in his announcement says "That little Bruin punk is going back to college. He wants his wittle dipwoma. I'm trading his ass. Because at da end of da day, we do what's best for da organization short term and long term."

Hacketts

Jul 12, 2018
Well that sucks. He won't be signing here now. He wants to play elsewhere. I mean, unless the guy thinks he's not cut for pro hockey, why stay with an inferior program, when you are a step away from the big show and the big payday.

I wonder what came about his thought process. Evidently, the though of coming to the Habs this season did not excite him that much.

that's a beautiful post for all the wrong reasons.

MTL-rules

Nov 17, 2006
Little prick... now, not only will we lose him, but his trade value has vanished. I wish him to fail miserably.

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
that's a beautiful post for all the wrong reasons.
Yeah, it's called : 'should have waited a bit before sending it', hahaha. See my other posts. Either he always planned to finish his degree, or he wants to play for another team. No other way to look at it. Yeah, I know, it sounds Dreger-like. But we don't know his mindset. Like I wrote, he's not the rapid hockey maniac like Caufield is. The small one wants to play pro like yesterday.

Reactions: Hacketts

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Fully supported. Not fully agreed. I'm pretty certain the organization didn't agree with the decision since they offered him a contract. But they have no choice but to support it.

Imagine the transparency we all want, MB in his announcement says "That little Bruin punk is going back to college. He wants his wittle dipwoma. I'm trading his ass. Because at da end of da day, we do what's best for da organization short term and long term."

Well if you don't agree...how do you support it? Or is that just a bla-bla 'cause you had statements to write? And eventually if the idea was that the Habs offered him a contract and wanted him here, how hypocritical is it to say ''based on discussions with the organization, Jordan and his family it was AGREED that the RIGHT course for his development was to stay there?

Somebody needs to tell me how staying a 4th year in that league HELPS him to play WITH the Habs AND it's GREAT for his development as a hockey player. If there's ONE thing that is false, it's that. It helps him looking at his options. It helps him finishing his school. It helps in every other way BUT to succeed with the Habs in a development aspect.

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
Well if you don't agree...how do you support it? Or is that just a bla-bla 'cause you had statements to write? And eventually if the idea was that the Habs offered him a contract and wanted him here, how hypocritical is it to say ''based on discussions with the organization, Jordan and his family it was AGREED that the RIGHT course for his development was to stay there?

Somebody needs to tell me how staying a 4th year in that league HELPS him to play WITH the Habs AND it's GREAT for his development as a hockey player. If there's ONE thing that is false, it's that. It helps him looking at his options. It helps him finishing his school. It helps in every other way BUT to succeed with the Habs in a development aspect.
Is that what the press release say? EDIT: yeah, just saw it. Well, then. You can only read between the lines. Bergevin said he was damn close to being ready about 1 month ago. Now, it's best for his development?
Kid ain't staying. That's what's written between the lines: it's best for him to not sign here.

Reactions: CristianoRonaldo
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad