2018: 3rd Pick: Olivier Rodrigue (G)

Kalost

Jan 21, 2015
I'll be rooting for Rodrigue and hope he turns out, i like where our scouting is at so hoping for the best

McDraekke

5-14-6-1
Jan 19, 2006
Edmonton
Can we all just agree that we need to keep an up-to-date list of all players we didn't choose, so that we can come back in 5-10 years and yell at the top of our lungs about how we missed these magic beans to trade up for those magic beans? *sarcasm*

Good pick up. Given that the Oilers haven't had a legit #1 goalie in... for-f***ing-ever... I'm very happy to see the team try and grab a few high-end goalie prospects. I think people are forgetting how great it is to have a top tier goalie. When was the last time? Cujo maybe? Sure we had nice runs with Salo, Roloson, Talbot, etc etc, but those were one or two years of good play and then the rest crap. It would certainly be nice to have a really good goalie for multiple years, a la Montreal, Nashville, LA, NYR, Pittsburgh, Vancouver. To not have to worry about your goalie night in and night out if he's going to make the save to win the game or to lose the game is a HUGE deal to the players in front of him.

Reactions: Game 8

Morpheus

nuckin’ futz
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2007
Oak Island - Lot #32
Anyone know why Rodrigue isn’t the starter for Drummondville in the playoffs?
They’ve played two games (both wins) and it looks like Anthony Morrone is the starter...he did have a better g.a.a and sv% albeit in less games than O.R.
Is there an injury or did the coach play a hunch. I’m not plugged in to the QMJHL but thought I’d post for more info thanks!

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
They’ve played two games (both wins) and it looks like Anthony Morrone is the starter...he did have a better g.a.a and sv% albeit in less games than O.R.
Is there an injury or did the coach play a hunch. I’m not plugged in to the QMJHL but thought I’d post for more info thanks!

Groin injury was what Matt at Edmonton Prospects Watch retweeted. I haven't seen anything since then on a return.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
He is still recovering from a groin injury.

Reactions: Moreaupheus

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
Thanks so much for quick reply!
Cheers

Google translated from the L'Express de Drummondville:

Another sign of the depth of the team, while Olivier Rodrigue still treats his groin injury, Anthony Morrone continues to stand in front of Drummondvillois net. Despite the fact that he is bored by a virus, the 19-year-old goalkeeper dominates the circuit with his 0.50 average and his efficiency of 0.968 so far in the playoffs.

Drummondville must be a tough team if the backup goalie is bored by a virus. :D

Olympiques 1, Voltigeurs 4 : «Une leçon à tirer» - L'Express

Reactions: Moreaupheus

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad