Prospect Info: 2018-2019 WJC Thread

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Well that is clearly goaltender interference on this Russian goal, no surprise it was waived off. Denmark still looks horrible.

PKs Broken Stick

Oct 9, 2008
On the main board FIN WJC roster thread the discussion today was how to get the most out of the team after getting outplayed by SWE. Several FIN fan posters have suggested bumping Talvite up to the top line. Maybe just because he scored but I also think there is an element of fearlessness and confidence he adds. Someone here recently compared him to Coleman and I would say that from a style and demeanor stance that is a good comparison. Maybe someone who doesn’t quite have the hands or creativity to play a regular top six role but when it’s time to show some guts and punch back you want those guys out there. Pretty impressive that a kid who many of the national team fans saw as an afterthought is suddenly getting support to play a top line role.

He’s got a long way to go still but as I’ve always maintained since watching him last season - he looks at ease playing with and against the best players his own age. If I’m Shero I show him the love this tourney and make sure he understands there is a place for him in the organization and then sign him after next season.

Finland sure as hell won't go anywhere if they keep playing hepionemi and tolvanen the way they did and they keep sucking.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Finland sure as hell won't go anywhere if they keep playing hepionemi and tolvanen the way they did and they keep sucking.
Tolvanen was pretty disappointing in that game. Considering he's spent the last year and a half playing against men and looked solid doing it, I expect him to dominate against junior players.

Mike27Devils

Apr 24, 2015
Dynamic on the PK.

Doesn't seem to be playing much even strength or on the PP, but he's making something happen every time he's out there.
From what I saw the 1st half the game he’s playing a regular shift 5v5. I really like his game. 100 percent effort all the time and is very physical. Probably would be NHL ready only after one year.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
What’s the over under on bad Borat puns on the main board GDT for the FIN - KHA game? Against the US or CAN you expect a lot of repetitive unfunny one liners but the FIN fans may not have watched it or “got” it if they did watch it.

devilsfan35

Jun 15, 2015
Is it just me or does Podkolzin look kinda small? From what I’ve heard he was praised as this big and powerful tank

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
What’s the over under on bad Borat puns on the main board GDT for the FIN - KHA game? Against the US or CAN you expect a lot of repetitive unfunny one liners but the FIN fans may not have watched it or “got” it if they did watch it.

Unfunny? :DD

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Kurashev has been pretty impressive, one of the best players on the ice in this game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad