Prospect Info: 2018-2019 WJC Thread

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
Mods, feel free to move or delete this if you wish but I thought we'd have a joint thread for the World Junior Championships as they start today officially.

Per the mainboard, here's the schedule for today:

4 PM EST - Czech Republic vs. Switzerland (Akira Schmid on roster, don't believe he's a starter however.)

6:30 PM EST - Slovakia vs. United States

8 PM EST - Canada vs. Denmark (Ty Smith)

10:30 PM EST - Finland vs. Sweden (Aarne Talvitie vs. Fabian Zetterlund)

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Usually a pretty entertaining tournament, so I hope it is again. Looking forward to watching our prospects.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey

Davegarri

Much Doge, Wow Moon
Jan 8, 2014
NJ
Excited to watch Kakko tonight. This is going to be his coming out party. Everyone is going to see just how good this kid is. He's currently outproducing what Laine put up in his draft year in the Liiga.

Reactions: OmNomNom

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
Just checked my TV guide and the answer is yes. Every game is televised. There is also a preview show that is on a couple times.

Right now last years gold medal game between Canada and Sweden is on.

The TV schedule appears to have them all today, yes.

Thanks! I wasn’t able to check myself. Pretty pumped to have some good hockey to watch today now.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
Don't know if it was noted in the general prospect thread, but Talvitie was named captain of Team Finland, which is pretty cool.

Aarne Talvitie Makes Finland’s 2019 WJC Roster, Will Serve As Captain

4 Devils prospects to play in World Junior Championships | Which will serve as a team captain?

As Chris Ryan notes in his article, Joey Anderson was a captain last year for Team USA in the tournament so it's the 2nd straight year we've had a prospect captaining his respective team.

talvitie is having a great year at penn state...could be another gem for us

FooteBahl

Took a big shitz for Nemec
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2005
Metuchen NJ
talvitie is having a great year at penn state...could be another gem for us
Picks like him, Seney and Bratt have offset the Zacha apparent miss. Who knows what’s to become of McLeod, but Smith seems like a home run...what appears to be a potential top 5 next year cannot be a miss.

Reactions: MartyOwns

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
Picks like him, Seney and Bratt have offset the Zacha apparent miss. Who knows what’s to become of McLeod, but Smith seems like a home run...what appears to be a potential top 5 next year cannot be a miss.

Don't forget Joey Anderson as well. Think he has the potential to be a very reliable forward for years based on his playing style.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010

From what I have seen, people that are disappointed in Zacha are going to be VERY disappointed in McLeod. The one catch is if McLeod turns his never ending motor into score sheet production.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Just checked my TV guide and the answer is yes. Every game is televised. There is also a preview show that is on a couple times.

Right now last years gold medal game between Canada and Sweden is on.

So FYI to those above you. Since it’s being televised and thus can be watched legally. Do not ask for illegal streams.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
Really curious to see more of Smith at a higher level of hockey. Seeing as it seemed he could’ve/should’ve made the top 6 this year and management hinting at him playing a top 4 next year, my expectations are rising. Even in this tournament of some of the best of the best per Country, I think he should stand out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->