Prospect Info: 2018-2019 WJC Thread

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
That might be the biggest game Talvitie will ever play in his career, I don't blame him at all for going back out there despite his injury and all things considered I thought he played well despite the clear discomfort he was in. We'll see what the damage is soon enough but, for him, it'll probably be a small price to pay for such a big moment.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
It's actually more surprising that there are no philly prospects there considering how many they sent.

I think he made a separate list "prospects that were ridiculously amazing and will definitely go on to be NHL superstars" only filled with Flyers' prospects

Reactions: My3Sons

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
I'm highly concerned that Talvitie played on an injured knee and made it worse

You should not be highly concerned.

It's common for players to get injured during a game and be able to play through it without making things worse. The staff and Talvitie are not going to take unnecessary risks to his long-term health even for a WJC Gold Medal game. Don't go through life worried about the worst-case scenarios. Ridiculously small chance that staying in the game last night will actually result in any type of long-term issues for Talvitie.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
He must have not watched Frost, who was very good
He was fairly invisible in most of the games. He got 5 of his 8 points in the 14-0 win against Denmark. He got 2 points against the Czechs in the 5-1 win and 1 against Finland in the 2-1 loss, but when he wasn't scoring he was not effective at all.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
He was fairly invisible in most of the games. He got 5 of his 8 points in the 14-0 win against Denmark. He got 2 points against the Czechs in the 5-1 win and 1 against Finland in the 2-1 loss, but when he wasn't scoring he was not effective at all.

He was very good

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad