Speculation: 2018-2019 Trade rumors thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
I can see Steel being a really good second line center, but Lundestrom has the potential to be right up there to be a 1C

Lundestrom I don’t think has the offensive tools to be a 1C. I think Steel is the best bet but still think he will be a 2C.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal

I understand why teams would be interested in Montour, I just hope Murray isn't dumb enough to actually move him.

I mean, everything is relative to the return. Not like Montour has played his way into untouchable waters.

Reactions: Doothpick

Goose of Reason

El Zilcho
May 1, 2013
Moving Montour before seeing what he looks like away from Carlyle would be idiotic. Sure he has things to work on defensively but he's a spark plug offensively back there. The point has been made many times here, but Montour is stylistically similar to Vatanen and look how much better he has played away from Randy. Still ridiculous that Carlyle essentially called him out last playoffs when he was 1 of like 3 players actually doing anything.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
True, but we don't have anyone who can drive offensive from the blueline besides him. Rather we move on from Fowler than Montour at this point if we need to move a defensemen.
I agree. With the number of LHD the team has on its depth chart i'd rather move Fowler than Montour.
His style is easier to replace than Lindholm. it also helps with the expansion draft too as they'd only need to protect Lindholm/Montour/Manson i think.

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
Height of performance isn't the only thing that makes you untouchable. Montour should be there based on a combination of talent, ceiling, and scarcity. I think that there are good odds of a Montour trade looking like the Karlsson and Palmieri trades do in hindsight. I think that with him finding his way into the top 4 as quickly as he did, it's easy to forget that he almost has two seasons worth of games(season and a half in the regular season) under his belt. For a defenseman, that's really not enough time to get the definitive look that it can sometimes seem like we have.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
RHD's are hard to come by in the league. I'm not trading Manson or Montour unless it is for an absurd overpayment from some team

This. I'm a firm believer in no one is untouchable, but unless it's absurd overpayment, like you said, I'm not moving Montour, Lindholm, Rakell, Gibson, or Getzlaf. Everyone else is expendable IMO.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Height of performance isn't the only thing that makes you untouchable. Montour should be there based on a combination of talent, ceiling, and scarcity. I think that there are good odds of a Montour trade looking like the Karlsson and Palmieri trades do in hindsight. I think that with him finding his way into the top 4 as quickly as he did, it's easy to forget that he almost has two seasons worth of games(season and a half in the regular season) under his belt. For a defenseman, that's really not enough time to get the definitive look that it can sometimes seem like we have.
The reason the karlsson and palms trade look the way they do now is because the trades happened in the first place. Had they not their trajectory here would not have been what they have become elsewhere.

I don't want to actively move Montour either, but everything is and should be relative on the return.

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
The reason the karlsson and palms trade look the way they do now is because the trades happened in the first place. Had they not their trajectory here would not have been what they have become elsewhere.
Anything else from the multiverse that you'd like to share with us?

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012

I don't want to actively move Montour either, but everything is and should be relative on the return.
The first paragraph is you claiming to have a crystal ball

The 2nd I agree with

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Oh come on, you disagree with that?
I disagree that Palms couldn’t have become the player he is now if he stayed here.

With Karlsson I am not so sure. He was going to be blocked from reaching the top 6 by Getzlaf and Kesler for quite some time

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
I disagree that Palms couldn’t have become the player he is now if he stayed here.

With Karlsson I am not so sure. He was going to be blocked from reaching the top 6 by Getzlaf and Kesler for quite some time
Palms created a bad environment for himself by noshowing multiple times in the playoffs.

A new role and fresh start helped him become the player he is now, I just don't think he would have gotten that here.

branmuffin17

Sep 10, 2014
Santa Ana, CA

BUUUUT...if he'd stayed in the system, maybe we would have never made the Rico/Vatanen trade...and with Kesler now basically a 3C, Karlsson would have been a prime candidate for 2C.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Palms created a bad environment for himself by noshowing multiple times in the playoffs.

A new role and fresh start helped him become the player he is now, I just don't think he would have gotten that here.

He no showed once and was playing hurt that season. Other than that he produced in the playoffs.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006

Yeah Palmieri was a matter of needing more minutes, he produced here at a pretty good rate given how little he played.

Karlsson is a bit different. He probably turns into a high end 3C if he stays here. The 40 goals were a fluke, I still don’t think he’s a 1C, more of a very good 2C but time will tell there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad