Speculation: 2018-2019 Trade Deadline

Status
Not open for further replies.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
He could and it's because we can't afford to resign him which is what will happen to Tanev after next year. Bringing in Tanev and you definitely have no chance to bring back Stralman. I for one think we don't need to bring someone in especially not marginal upgrades like Gudas or Tanev. We need to stop moving high picks and prospects, the pool is getting thin and the high end talent isn't really there as is. If we are moving those pieces we need someone younger with term.

I don't like Hamilton that much but he has a little more term and is a better fit for what we need. Maybe Adam Larsson, he isn't great but has another year so worth moving a high pick for. David Savard in Columbus also has an extra year. None of these guys are top talent but if we are moving a 1st + Raddysh/Katchouk this is what I would want, not a Gudas or Tanev.
Larsson would be a good for can be a 2nd pairing guy and has 3 years left on his deal. I’d rather do nothing and keep raddysh and katchouk . We will need those two forwards when we sign point and Vasilevskiy and hit the cap crunch.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Florida wants to flip Brassard as well.

If Panarin and Bobrovsky go to Florida in the off season the Atlantic is going to get even better.

Yeah, not thrilled about Florida landing both of those guys, if it goes down. Replacing Luongo, long-term, is huge for them.

CBJ is likely to try to leverage this to jack the price up though.

BowDownToVasilevskiy

Jun 30, 2013
Canada
Yeah, not thrilled about Florida landing both of those guys, if it goes down. Replacing Luongo, long-term, is huge for them.

CBJ is likely to try to leverage this to jack the price up though.
I thought the Panthers would be a playoff team this year but that didn't happen. If they get Bobrovsky they should easily be a playoff team.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
I thought the Panthers would be a playoff team this year but that didn't happen. If they get Bobrovsky they should easily be a playoff team.
thats been the thought for years but either they really do well or they suck primarily is no in between lol mostly they suck and 2 people probably wont fix that.... is more wrong then just a goalie and a forward imho but I mean some decisions they made over last few years are head scratching not sure they want to put a winner on ice

GoHockey

Oct 16, 2017
It's a meme, but this team's ability to flip the switch and take it to another level in the playoffs is something. However we can run into the caps or pens and look lost. Also though, Point has emerged as one of the best players in the league this year and is a total gamer. I don't think we should give up much for any potential deadline moves.

Reactions: Sila v Kucherove

BowDownToVasilevskiy

Jun 30, 2013
Canada
I think TSN just added Mark Stone to their trade bait list. If Stone gets traded, I hope he goes west. Don't want any contender to add him in the east.
Trade Bait Feb 1st 2019.jpg

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
If we can get someone to take Erne in a deal it would be a big plus. I'd really like one more bigger forward for depth, I just don't see Martel/Erne/whoever being enough.
Nah man, no one available can upgrade on Erne, apparently.

Everyone is so worried about him sitting if we get another forward at the deadline, he must be setting the league on fire

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I doubt there's much danger of that. Dorion (Melnyk) will cut his nose off to spite his face in any trade with the East.

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking too. I think we could offer them something to help them, like Miller, who would actually be contractually tied to stay there when everybody else wants to get the **** out of dodge. But, you know, Melnyk thinks they might contend next year, so no deals with TB.

Reactions: Sila v Kucherove

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Nah man, no one available can upgrade on Erne, apparently.

Everyone is so worried about him sitting if we get another forward at the deadline, he must be setting the league on fire

It's more like, if you're trying to upgrade on your fringe player, is it even really worth it? This isn't a hole in the line-up. An upgrade doesn't really move the needle unless we're upgrading Killorn or Palat, and those are bigger, more costly deals.

Reactions: Rschmitz

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
It's more like, if you're trying to upgrade on your fringe player, is it even really worth it? This isn't a hole in the line-up. An upgrade doesn't really move the needle unless we're upgrading Killorn or Palat, and those are bigger, more costly deals.
I'm well aware.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I'll stand firm on Ferland being the best choice for us.

I think I'd rather have Simmonds, for the greasy goals. I'm kind of indifferent on those guys though. I'm just not sure they'd be an upgrade on our top-9.

Stone is the guy I'd love to have. Would improve us defensively while adding to our scoring depth. I just doubt it's possible with Ottawa's ownership.

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
I think I'd rather have Simmonds, for the greasy goals. I'm kind of indifferent on those guys though. I'm just not sure they'd be an upgrade on our top-9.

Stone is the guy I'd love to have. Would improve us defensively while adding to our scoring depth. I just doubt it's possible with Ottawa's ownership.
Stone is ideal but yeah Melnyk and Dorion have already drawn a line in the Sand with us. I prefer Ferland because he's a little cheaper all around. And if we try to resign him, he will come cheaper maybe. Plus with Ferland we can try to grab our Lord and Saviour or Faulk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad