Prospect Info: 2018-2019 Senators prospect watch part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoardsofCanada

Aug 26, 2009
G.T.A.
Is the dev. camp scrimmage open to the public? That schedule by Kevin Lee makes it seem it's only for season seat holders. I was thinking of driving up to see it.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Is the dev. camp scrimmage open to the public? That schedule by Kevin Lee makes it seem it's only for season seat holders. I was thinking of driving up to see it.
It's always been open to the public before in past years, check the Sens website under news, they should be posting a schedule there of times, locations & events during the week. It's normally been held at the Sensplex in Kanata which is a public place & lots of people go there for other events even while the prospect camp is under way. Thursday is an odd day to start the camp unless they plan on having camp during the weekend too whereby there would be lots of people attending, it's much less busy during the week. Of course, this draft could have soured a lot of people too from going, but I'll probably fine a way to get there as in past yrs.

https://www.nhl.com/senators

On another note check this cheat sheet below, interesting that a couple of names that the Sens by passed at the draft are on these lists, yet the Sens went for another player which I assume they wanted more. Of course, who is to say where this list came from & probably has no association with the Sens scouting staff & their actual lists they used at the draft.

2019 Sens Draft Cheat Sheet

Last edited:

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
It's always been open to the public before in past years, check the Sens website under news, they should be posting a schedule there of times, locations & events during the week. It's normally been held at the Sensplex in Kanata which is a public place & lots of people go there for other events even while the prospect camp is under way. Thursday is an odd day to start the camp unless they plan on having camp during the weekend too whereby there would be lots of people attending, it's much less busy during the week. Of course, this draft could have soured a lot of people too from going, but I'll probably fine a way to get there as in past yrs.

https://www.nhl.com/senators

On another note check this cheat sheet below, interesting that a couple of names that the Sens by passed at the draft are on these lists, yet the Sens went for another player which I assume they wanted more. Of course, who is to say where this list came from & probably has no association with the Sens scouting staff & their actual lists they used at the draft.

2019 Sens Draft Cheat Sheet

Cheat Sheet for who.. not the Sens. In appropriately named

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
Making a top 10 prospect list is quite difficult . A lot of talent atm.

1. Brannstrom
2. Batherson
3. Brown
4. Formenton
5. Norris
6. Gus
7. Thompson
8. JBD
9. Hogberg
10. Lajoie

Just missing the cut

Mads Sogaard, Pinto, Davidsson , Chlapik , Tychonick , Veronneau ,

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009

1. Brannstrom
2. Batherson
3. Brown
4. Formenton
5. Norris
6. Gus
7. Thompson
8. JBD
9. Hogberg
10. Lajoie

Just missing the cut

I put pinto and sogaard ahead of Lajoie and Gus

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
I put pinto and sogaard ahead of Lajoie and Gus

Fair enough . I just sort of tossed a list out there . Because of the depth we have many guys might rise or fall into that top 10.

At least we can look forward to our prospects developing aND stuff

Reactions: Ice-Tray

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Fair enough . I just sort of tossed a list out there . Because of the depth we have many guys might rise or fall into that top 10.

At least we can look forward to our prospects developing aND stuff
Yeah pretty much my list as well. This year should be a big one for most including Lajoie(especially) and Hogberg.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
If nothing else, we have a ton of young talent at every position, though we're lacking that superstar talent.

It's nice to have a strong stable of D prospects and players under 23. Heck, even Wolanin is only 24 and Jaros 23. If all of Chabot, Brannstrom, JBD, Thomson, Lajoie, Jaros and Wolanin reach their projections, that's a group of 7 that should be able to run with any team's.

Add that to a group of Gustavsson, Hogberg, Soogard, Daacord and Mandolese; our goalie pipeline will hopefully produce a starter, maybe more.

Up front 23 or under we have Tkachuk, White, Batherson, Brown, Norris, Formenton, Abramov, Balcers, Veronneau, Davidsson, Chlapik, Duclair, Pinto, plus Tierney at just 24

I think the bold are all locks, having played all or most of last year with the club, Veronneau I think has a leg up but isn't a lock. Batherson, Norris, Formenton, and Brown I think are locks to become players but I don't think they all crack the team this year, maybe two of them make it out of camp.

Brannstrom will probably play in Ottawa this year, and if Lajoie does, it's likely at the expense of Wolanin again. But I think all the D in our pool are legit NHL talent, with Brannstrom, JBD Thomas and Wolanin having top 4 potential.

2020 draft could be the one to vault us back into the playoffs. A top 5 pick next year along with 6 more picks in the top 90 (7 if Duchene re-signs in Columbus) will be nuts.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
If nothing else, we have a ton of young talent at every position, though we're lacking that superstar talent.

It's nice to have a strong stable of D prospects and players under 23. Heck, even Wolanin is only 24 and Jaros 23. If all of Chabot, Brannstrom, JBD, Thomson, Lajoie, Jaros and Wolanin reach their projections, that's a group of 7 that should be able to run with any team's.

Add that to a group of Gustavsson, Hogberg, Soogard, Daacord and Mandolese; our goalie pipeline will hopefully produce a starter, maybe more.

Up front 23 or under we have Tkachuk, White, Batherson, Brown, Norris, Formenton, Abramov, Balcers, Veronneau, Davidsson, Chlapik, Duclair, Pinto, plus Tierney at just 24

I think the bold are all locks, having played all or most of last year with the club, Veronneau I think has a leg up but isn't a lock. Batherson, Norris, Formenton, and Brown I think are locks to become players but I don't think they all crack the team this year, maybe two of them make it out of camp.

Brannstrom will probably play in Ottawa this year, and if Lajoie does, it's likely at the expense of Wolanin again. But I think all the D in our pool are legit NHL talent, with Brannstrom, JBD Thomas and Wolanin having top 4 potential.

2020 draft could be the one to vault us back into the playoffs. A top 5 pick next year along with 6 more picks in the top 90 (7 if Duchene re-signs in Columbus) will be nuts.
It seems like EM may have been correct when he said they would have a team of players all under 24 yrs old soon.

Reactions: Karlstrobe

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
if we can get Laferniere/Byfield then we'd have a complete "prospect/young" core moving forward

Tkachuk (top line forward) - Laferniere/Byfield (franchise calibre) - Batherson (top line calibre)
Balcers (top 9 calibre) - White (top 6) - Duclair (top 6)
Formenton (top 9) - Brown (top 9) - Veronneau (top 9)
Chlapik - Norris (top 9) - Pinto
Kelly, Abramov, Davidsson
Gruden, Lodin, Crookshank

Chabot (top 5 calibre) - Thomson (top 4)
Brannstrom (top 4) - JBD (top 4)
Wolanin (top 6) - Jaros (top 6)
Lajoie (top 6)

bunch of goalies

And this isn't considering the other 1st rounder we have and 3 other second rounders

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009

1. Brannstrom
2. Batherson
3. Brown
4. Formenton
5. Norris
6. Gus
7. Thompson
8. JBD
9. Hogberg
10. Lajoie

Just missing the cut

I’ll go

1. Batherson
2. Norris
3. Bransstrom
4. JBD
5. Thomson
6. Brown
7. Formenton
8. Soggard
9. Pinto
10. Gruden

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
What's your reasoning for Gruden being so high? I don't think Gruden is even top 20 at this point.

Just reading the tea leaves, and him going to London. Think he’ll make the WJC team and continue to grow. Not expecting a mega impact player, just a solid pro

TkachukNorris79

Jan 27, 2018
Brannstrom
Batherson
-
-
Brown
JBD
Norris
Formenton
Thomson
-
-
Tychonick
Chlapik
Pinto

Goalies
Throw a dart ranking them, would be just as accurate a list

This is probably my list. Not sure if Balcers still counts but he's at the bottom of that middle group, I'm pretty high in him. Better than Hoff was at 22. Brannstrom and Batherson jump into the group of our top players with Chabot and Tkachuk. Got a little bit of everything in that group. Adding a top 4 pick next year will give us 5, pretty solid core. The guys around them won't be too bad either. This rebuild sucks but we really need to be bad this year.

Reactions: Karlstrobe

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Gruden is probably not top 10 but is close. Saying he is not top 20 is absolutely risidulous.
Probably depwnds on who you graduated based on last season.

Tkachuck, balcers, lajoie, Batherson and Paul all played 20 + games

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
We will probably do the board rankings after dev camp, that way people have a chance to see most of the prospects and how they perform in the same environment.

In the past, I think we used the old HF prospects eligibility criteria, which is something like 24 and under with less than 65 career NHL games. By that criteria, White Paul Wolanin and Tkachuk are graduated, but Jaros is not.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Gruden is probably not top 10 but is close. Saying he is not top 20 is absolutely risidulous.
Who are you putting Gruden ahead of on a list of:

Chlapik
Davidsson
Abramov
Veronneau
Hogberg
Daccord
Gustavsson
Tychonick
Crookshanks
Asling

Then consider the guys with some NHL games under their hat:
Balcers
Paul
Jaros
Wolanin
Lajoie

That's 15 guys there that weren't on his original top 10. All of those should be ahead of Gruden imo and I might put a couple other guys from 2019 ahead too. Gruden probably enters the conversation around the same time as Parker Kelly. I don't see what's "absolutely ridiculous". Perhaps, you just didn't do the math?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad