Prospect Info: 2018-2019 Senators prospect watch part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

toxic poster

Dec 24, 2017
Queen's
Ott doesn't need another left shot D they have Chabot & Wolanin. I'd trade Brannstrom for Bouchard in a heartbeat since Ott needs a right shot top pairing right D to play with Chabot.
lol trading prospects for positional needs it dumb as hell

brannstrom >>>>>>> bouchard any day of the week

Reactions: Sensinitis

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
lol trading prospects for positional needs it dumb as hell

brannstrom >>>>>>> bouchard any day of the week

Teams trade prospects for positional needs all the time especially at the trade deadline, isn't that what LV did to get Stone to add some scoring to their right side? Ott has done it numerous times as well, it's how you improve your team, especially going into the playoffs. It doesn't mean they would trade away their entire future but whenever they can to improve their team, especially when they have a surplus of the same thing. And whether Brannstrom is that much better than Bouchard remains to be seen but it's clearly the opinion of most on here, just not mine.

Last edited:
Reactions: TkachukNorris79

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Teams trade prospects for positional needs all the time especially at the trade deadline, isn't that what LV did to get Stone to add some scoring to their right side? Ott has done it numerous times as well, it's how you improve your team, especially going into the playoffs. It doesn't mean they would trade away their entire future but whenever they can to improve their team, especially when they have a surplus of the same thing.

They don't trade prospects for prospects in a positional need though. Vegas added a top line player for a 20 year old, it had a lot more to do with trying to make a run than making a swap for a winger.

I understand your logic, and I'm sure it has happened, but teams typically don't swap prospects unless they've proven something at the NHL level. Neither Brannnstrom or Bouchard ahve done that at this point.

Reactions: jehkob

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
They don't trade prospects for prospects in a positional need though. Vegas added a top line player for a 20 year old, it had a lot more to do with trying to make a run than making a swap for a winger.

I understand your logic, and I'm sure it has happened, but teams typically don't swap prospects unless they've proven something at the NHL level. Neither Brannnstrom or Bouchard ahve done that at this point.
Agreed, you don't see it as often but Ott has an abundance of left shot D & using one to acquire an equally as good right shot D would make sense IMO if they could find the right partner willing to do the same. If Ott would prefer a more defensive partner to play with Chabot as the Leafs did getting Muzzin to play with Reilly it might cost less. But if they wanted a more offensive player it would cost more, depends what kind of player would work well with Chabot & whether they want a younger or older player for him to play with too.

Reactions: topshelf15

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
Agreed, you don't see it as often but Ott has an abundance of left shot D & using one to acquire an equally as good right shot D would make sense IMO if they could find the right partner willing to do the same. If Ott would prefer a more defensive partner to play with Chabot as the Leafs did getting Muzzin to play with Reilly it might cost less. But if they wanted a more offensive player it would cost more, depends what kind of player would work well with Chabot & whether they want a younger or older player for him to play with too.

If they go after a RHS they should go after Boqvist.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Teams trade prospects for positional needs all the time especially at the trade deadline, isn't that what LV did to get Stone to add some scoring to their right side? Ott has done it numerous times as well, it's how you improve your team, especially going into the playoffs. It doesn't mean they would trade away their entire future but whenever they can to improve their team, especially when they have a surplus of the same thing. And whether Brannstrom is that much better than Bouchard remains to be seen but it's clearly the opinion of most on here, just not mine.
If you watched the world juniors it was abundantly clear brannstrom is a far superior player its not close.

Six Assets

Tim Stützle
Jun 29, 2013
Ottawa
jordan hollett probably won't get signed, he's lost his starting job to a rookie. Not sure about Mandolese, but he has a huge frame, you can see from his post draft vids.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Ottawa had Redden, Chara and Phillips all as LD back in the day. Trading a good prospect based on handedness is not a smart move. Let them develop and let them all make it to the NHL first. There is no rush to deal anyone. Branstrom can also stay in the AHL next year.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
It was interesting to hear that Ott controls both Belleville & Brampton so there would be lots of room to keep all the goalies they have especially given they need to get to the cap floor. Somehow I doubt they do that but you never know especially with goalies who is going to come out of this as the clear future #1. This past season saw the goalies move one way & the other due to injuries & I expect the same to happen next season. It gives Ottawa some much needed goalie depth & time to have a good look at these guys as well as an option for the expansion draft.

Anderson - Nilsson - in Ottawa
Condon - Hogberg - in Belleville (Hogberg on a two-way)
Gustavsson - Daccord - in Brampton

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
If you're sending Gustavsson to Brampton, might as well just trade him or release him.

Condon will be bought out and one of Nilsson or Anderson won't be here next year.

Hogberg will also require a 1 way to keep him in the fold.

Yeah I can see us trading Andy to a team like Philly and riding Nilsson + one or more of our goalie prospects next season (Hogberg, Daccord)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad