2018-2019 Roster Talk, Part 5

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008

Cole does the best work on Goalie metrics for my money. That’s an excellent curve for anyone, let alone a Goalie of his age.

Interesting that the Hart relative positive has already reached the size of the negative from those we should never see again.

wankstifier

All glory to the harvest god
Jun 19, 2018
Provorov is the PP champion the Blues are looking for. So steady on the line reeling in and distributing pucks. Don’t get me started on that stickhandling and wicked one-timer.

Gostisbehere-Parayko
Sanheim-Gudas
Morin-Myers

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Sanheim should really be on the left side and Ghost should be on the right.

It's the only way the top 4 has everyone in their best possible spot.

Plus, the Provorov-Ghost pairing and the Sanheim-Gudas pairing are both proven to be successful, so if all 4 of them get appropriate icetime we're in good shape.

I agree in the longrun, but there is little to no chance they put Provorov and Ghost back together this season with both not playing their best hockey.

Since I think we can rule it out, the 9-6 / 53-3 / Trash-61 combos are probably our best bet.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I agree in the longrun, but there is little to no chance they put Provorov and Ghost back together this season with both not playing their best hockey.

Since I think we can rule it out, the 9-6 / 53-3 / Trash-61 combos are probably our best bet.
Hopefully the next coach has a brain and we finally see common sense pairings and a new PP coach who doesn't "fix" what isn't broken.

Ghost hasn't been himself this year, but the coaches are also making it as hard for him as humanly possible. They f***ed with the PP, forced him to spend more than 70% of the year with one of Folin, Mac, or Hagg, and are giving Hagg as much time as possible with the top line instead of someone who knows how to help out and score.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
But, as we know, what SHOULD happen is rarely what DOES happen.

I fear we'll be stuck with that useless heavy trash.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Hopefully the next coach has a brain and we finally see common sense pairings and a new PP coach who doesn't "fix" what isn't broken.

Ghost hasn't been himself this year, but the coaches are also making it as hard for him as humanly possible. They ****ed with the PP, forced him to spend more than 70% of the year with one of Folin, Mac, or Hagg, and are giving Hagg as much time as possible with the top line instead of someone who knows how to help out and score.

I completely agree. Hes been the victim of awful circumstances that have made it nearly impossible for him to gain traction. Give the man a stable trustworthy partner like Gudas, leave him on PP1 where he belongs, and wait for the profit to roll in, because it assuredly will at some point.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I completely agree. Hes been the victim of awful circumstances that have made it nearly impossible for him to gain traction. Give the man a stable trustworthy partner like Gudas, leave him on PP1 where he belongs, and wait for the profit to roll in, because it assuredly will at some point.
Yup, he's too good not to.

It could also be a matter of frustration/confidence, on top of his poor usage. We just saw the difference in Patrick after he scored those goals a few games ago and got a little more confident in himself... and he's been looking great ever since. Or it could be like Giroux, where when things aren't going well he takes it so hard, gets so frustrated with himself, and he ends up trying/thinking too hard, which never helps.

I have no doubt that, at the latest, he'll be back to normal next year. Not worried at all about him.

Reactions: Rebels57

Deadpool8812

Feb 10, 2018
Yup, he's too good not to.

It could also be a matter of frustration/confidence, on top of his poor usage. We just saw the difference in Patrick after he scored those goals a few games ago and got a little more confident in himself... and he's been looking great ever since. Or it could be like Giroux, where when things aren't going well he takes it so hard, gets so frustrated with himself, and he ends up trying/thinking too hard, which never helps.

I have no doubt that, at the latest, he'll be back to normal next year. Not worried at all about him.

And if he isn't?

Outlaw Samurai

FROST WARNING in effect
Jun 24, 2018
Ottawa
But, as we know, what SHOULD happen is rarely what DOES happen.

I fear we'll be stuck with that useless heavy trash.

At least Morin and Gudas are physical enough. Myers too, delivers some big hits and has some nastiness.

That should satisfy the old boys club..right? Lol

Outlaw Samurai

FROST WARNING in effect
Jun 24, 2018
Ottawa
Then he isn't.

What if Couturier is bad next year? Or Giroux? Or literally any other player on the team? Anything is possible but if there's no reason to expect it then there's no reason to make a premature move.

Tell me I'm being paranoid..did you lose your freakin' "like" privilage again??

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
At least Morin and Gudas are physical enough. Myers too, delivers some big hits and has some nastiness.

That should satisfy the old boys club..right? Lol

Yeah, but they’ve never led the entire league in hits like Hagg did for most of last season.

He’s basically a Hall of Fame lock already.

Tell me I'm being paranoid..did you lose your freakin' "like" privilage again??

We’ll see. It’s being debated.

Reactions: Flyerfan4life

Outlaw Samurai

FROST WARNING in effect
Jun 24, 2018
Ottawa
Yeah, but they’ve never led the entire league in hits like Hagg did for most of last season.

He’s basically a Hall of Fame lock already.

We’ll see. It’s being debated.

I knew it!!

Need character witnesses? :sarcasm:

Dude..what happened to your reformed ways? You can't help yourself!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad