2018-2019 Roster Discussion - Official Roster is In

Status
Not open for further replies.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Shattenkirk is in the doghouse in NY. Could be a distraction to a young team potentially. Maybe they’d swap him for Demers? Say what you want about Shatty, he’s good at getting the puck to go east and west. We could use some of that.

Reactions: Matias Maccete

Lilhoody

Nov 25, 2016
Peoria, AZ
Demers for Shattenkirk and Perlini for Ritchie gives us better movement up top in the zone and more traffic down low in the zone. Could maybe be enough to convert some of our low percentage crap to higher percentage chances?

I would do that in a moment. Performance should be the focus of those trades, not extracting value.

SR

Mar 31, 2008
Arizona
If Josh Anderson does in fact request a trade you send what it takes to get him.

Demers for Shattenkirk could be good for both guys, however I don’t like shattys contract.

No interest in Ritchie. We already have Crouse.

Perlini and a pick for Anderson.

Demers for Shattenkirk.

Reactions: Sthlmyote

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
If Josh Anderson does in fact request a trade you send what it takes to get him.

Demers for Shattenkirk could be good for both guys, however I don’t like shattys contract.

No interest in Ritchie. We already have Crouse.

Anderson has the same whack job agent as Rieder. No thanks.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Demers for Shattenkirk and Perlini for Ritchie gives us better movement up top in the zone and more traffic down low in the zone. Could maybe be enough to convert some of our low percentage crap to higher percentage chances?

Love this idea but I think the value clearly favors AZ.

Edit: referring to the NYR deal.

Last edited:

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
They’re healthy scratching Shatty. It’s going to get ugly. They call it but low opportunity for a reason! :)

It's about a $4 mil jump in salary this year. NYR would need to eat a decent chunk of it.

KG

Sep 23, 2010
I wonder if the citizens of forum 40 as a whole undervalue chemistry and leadership. Chayka has been the most active GM in the league. We are 5 games in, and trade proposals are flying. Roster is full of young players. Is there an argument to staying the course and allowing these players to mature more, instead of pushing the panic button?

rt

May 13, 2004
I wonder if the citizens of forum 40 as a whole undervalue chemistry and leadership. Chayka has been the most active GM in the league. We are 5 games in, and trade proposals are flying. Roster is full of young players. Is there an argument to staying the course and allowing these players to mature more, instead of pushing the panic button?
Demers has looked out of shape, lazy and apathetic to start each of the last two seasons. He was minimizing the importance of camp and acting like it wasn’t worth his time in the last interview he had in preseason. That’s not the leadership we need.

Perlini has always been referred to as a bit of an outsider and a guy who does his own thing. The suggested returns for him so far have been Nick Ritchie and Josh Anderson. These are “rah-rah” guys who play with fire and piss and vinegar. They’re traditionally popular players on their teams. Josh Anderson fought Zdeno Chara and Tom Wilson last season. Ritchie fought Kyle Clifford and Zach Kassian. These things are great for chemistry.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX

They look like a team where the chemistry is off. You can't tell me that adding Hino, a guy known by Dvorak and Fischer, as well as Grabner suddenly threw the room for a loop after the the second half of last year. They look exactly like what most country club teams with f***ed up veterans look like. A little show for the coaches but zero chemistry and team spirit.

This should not be happening in year 2 after last season. Especially not the vets named.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
$2.6m jump. Signing bonus is paid, my man! Rangers are full blown rebuilding. So maybe we add a pick and they retain 10-15% or so?

Ahh. Missed the signing bonus. So that brings him down to 7 mil cash. But, I think you're missing Florida's retention (12.5%) on Demers. We're only paying him 3.85. So the leap to Shattenkirk's 7 is 3.15.

Including Archibald (700k) and 15% retention by the Rangers (1.2 mil, assuming it's retained from the full 8 mil) gets the difference down to 1.25 (3.15-0.7-1.2).

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Was perusing Cap Friendly and made note of a few things....

Leafs currently have a little north of $12M in cap space.

There are 7 players on the current roster going RFA after this season. Most notably Matthews and Marner, but also their new backup goalie Sparks (who is arbitration eligible).

Gardenier and Hainsey are currently the only two going UFA with substantial contracts. (~$7-8M total)

They have nothing in dead space coming off anytime soon.

Matthews is going to eat up the major part (if not all) of that $12M for the Leafs just to keep the offer sheets away.

rt

May 13, 2004
Ahh. Missed the signing bonus. So that brings him down to 7 mil cash. But, I think you're missing Florida's retention (12.5%) on Demers. We're only paying him 3.85. So the leap to Shattenkirk's 7 is 3.15.

Including Archibald (700k) and 15% retention by the Rangers (1.2 mil, assuming it's retained from the full 8 mil) gets the difference down to 1.25 (3.15-0.7-1.2).
I did miss the retention. What’s the earliest pick you would add to Demers and Archibald to get Shattenkirk with 12.5% retention?

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
I did miss the retention. What’s the earliest pick you would add to Demers and Archibald to get Shattenkirk with 12.5% retention?

The only pick I'm not moving is our 1st.

That's not a vote of non-confidence. I just don't want to finish 20th and then Carolina our way into 1st overall and lose out on Hughes.

Reactions: Name Nameless

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Yes. Stay the course with the kids. We have three young ones injured at the moment. Lets not panic.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
So you’d add our 2nd to that deal?

Demers+Archibald+’19ARI2nd for Shattenkirk (12.5% retained) ?

Works for me, but I don't know why NY would do this. Unless the Quinn/Shattenkirk relationship is completely toxic and, if it is, do we even want him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad