2018-2019 Roster Discussion - Official Roster is In

Status
Not open for further replies.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Haha what are you talking about man? You can definitely talk to a player’s agent when they are on an expiring contract if given permission by his current team right? Obviously you don’t make the trade if there’s not a strong feeling that he’ll sign. If they did make a deal like that it would definitely help solidify a playoff spot in my opinion. The Pacific is completely open. None of the teams are really that strong. They get healthy and Raanta keeps rolling there’s no reason they can’t take one of the top two spots in the division.
It's nuts to think Chayka is going to convince an upper echelon UFA to pass on his shot at he market just to sign here because we want to trade for him.

Foggy1097

Jan 14, 2014
Arizona
It's nuts to think Chayka is going to convince an upper echelon UFA to pass on his shot at he market just to sign here because we want to trade for him.

As much as I do like Hayes, can you really consider him upper echelon? His career high is 49 points. Something similar also happened with Goligoski. Granted we only traded for his rights, but he passed up a chance to test the market and look at other offers to sign here. That year he was the first or second most sought after D on the free agent market...

Reactions: BigJCaRoach

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Been thinking ( sometimes dangerous but usually just a waste of time). That our season turns on 3 underperforming players, just three. Keller, Fischer and Perlini. If we don’t get good seasons out of them, we don’t progress as a team. The rest of the players are either performing adequately or had low expectations going in to the season.

Reactions: Mosby

rt

May 13, 2004
As much as I do like Hayes, can you really consider him upper echelon? His career high is 49 points. Something similar also happened with Goligoski. Granted we only traded for his rights, but he passed up a chance to test the market and look at other offers to sign here. That year he was the first or second most sought after D on the free agent market...
He’s a 6’5 center who has potted 25g in a season, is a good two way player, improved his FO% to 50/50 and is very popular in the room. Teams will fall all over themselves to get him.

Reactions: Matias Maccete

rt

May 13, 2004
Something similar also happened with Goligoski. Granted we only traded for his rights, but he passed up a chance to test the market and look at other offers to sign here. That year he was the first or second most sought after D on the free agent market...
He had the red-carpet, PJ treatment. We flew him and his wife out for a week and gave him the key to the city. Complete VIP treatment. Hayes is busy playing for the New York Rangers.

Foggy1097

Jan 14, 2014
Arizona
Been thinking ( sometimes dangerous but usually just a waste of time). That our season turns on 3 underperforming players, just three. Keller, Fischer and Perlini. If we don’t get good seasons out of them, we don’t progress as a team. The rest of the players are either performing adequately or had low expectations going in to the season.

It’s time for Perlini to go honestly...the guy is useless. He’s Duclair 2.0. All the tools in the world but no brain and no inner fire to be better

cobra427

May 6, 2012
You have been saying this since the cows come home. How do we know this will happen? I posted some stats somewhere on Strome and he has the best FO% on the team. I think the fourth best possession % among forwards, and the opposition scores the least when he is on the ice. We are 29th in goal scoring. Strome likes to, and can pass, and Keller likes to, and can shoot. What can it hurt?
Watch Strome without the puck, he is too slow on D. I think thats why Tocc plays better defensive players with him to help cover for him. If strome were good on D like Stepan, he would be paired with Keller and on our first line. Tocc isn't stupid and if Strome were better, he would play more on a higher line.

Last edited:

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
The game against the Bruins I thought his line played well but only got some thing like 8 min. TOI. Maybe I missed something I don't know, but getting so few minutes is hard because you don't have your legs when called upon. Strome is also on the second PP, so again, how do you expect him or any other player for that matter, to have his legs when you are sitting for so long. You sit there for so long, and then get a tap on your should and told to go get em.
I don't see anyone's legs being utilized on our pp, so that can't be an issue imo. It's a whole other problem.

Reactions: SniperHF

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Kotkaneimi is the 3rd line center on Montreal. Look at his play and compare it to Strome's. Both have lower 6 wings.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Watch Strome without the puck, he is too slow on D. I think thats why Tocc plays better defensive players with him to help cover for him. If strome were good on D like Stepan, he would be paired with Keller and on our first line. Tocc isn't stupid and if Strome were better he played more on a higher line.
I don't see anyone's legs being utilized on our pp, so that can't be an issue imo. It's a whole other problem.

Whatever it is the coaches can't seem to figure it out.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
He’s a 6’5 center who has potted 25g in a season, is a good two way player, improved his FO% to 50/50 and is very popular in the room. Teams will fall all over themselves to get him.

The talk in the preseason was Hayes was looking for a 25 over 5 extension. NYR didn't want to do that. I wonder what the price is if Duchene pulls in 8.5.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
I'd go with only putting one of them in. They could both relapse and then you only have 4 D.

I'd wait on both even. We saw how the 5 D thing worked out when Goligoski went down the first time. Lyubushkin and Mermis filling in fine last game, defense wasn't the problem it was only scoring 1 goal in 60 minutes again :laugh:

We can afford to be cautious on D.

rt

May 13, 2004
What would your reaction be to:

PIT: Perlini+Goligoski
ARI: Hornqvist+Oleksiak

Keller-Galchenyuk-Horny
Crouse-Stepan-Fischer
Grabner-Richy-Hinostroza
Cousins-Strome-DickPanik

OEL-Lyubushkin
Chychrun-Hjammer
Oleksiak-Oesterle
KConn

???

Dead Coyote

Oct 10, 2017
If we trade Strome I can just guarantee it's going to come back to haunt us. We'll trade him to Pittsburgh or Chicago or some other team and he'll put up MSL assist numbers. We need to stop giving up on players.

If we suck, we suck. Fine. Collect another top 10 draft pick and move on. But there's literally no point in trading away those guys in the very start of their development for someone who might help us out further now and might decline or not improve years from now.

These things never work out.

ROR, Lindholm/Hanifin, Martinook, E. Kane, Duclair, Domi, etc.

Let alone going back to the Turris days. Shit, even Erat for Forsberg didn't work out and that was one of the trades everyone thought was a slam dunk for washington at the time.

rt

May 13, 2004
I think it's a travesty to not have a Horny Dick Panik pairing.
I’d rather just not have Dick Panik. Haha.

To PIT:
Perlini
Goligoski
Strome
Panik
Archibald

To ARI:
Hornqvist
Oleksiak
Sprong
Rust

Keller-Galchenyuk-Horny