Speculation: 2018-2019 Roster Discussion #2 - Even Worser!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Feb 12, 2003
It would be reasonable to say that it will take 96 points to make the playoffs, if not that it is a close marker. With 40 games left in the season the Coyotes would need to make up 57 points in those games and go 28-11-1 to make the playoffs. If you think it's 94 points, then 27-12-1, quite nearly splitting hairs.

I know the Coyotes went on a tear like that last year when they got healthy, but it seems unlikely this year with the injuries they have and the way they have played the majority of the season.

I know there is an argument that could be made that it is worth making the playoffs even if they get swept, but as a fan I don't want to see that. I would rather take a high pick than a near sweep in the playoffs. Build to the future, not for this year.

ParisSaintGermain

Jan 19, 2004
Funny enough, Martinook is a decent example of Coyotes's drafting and developing a prospect alright. Obviously not a star player but a homemade role player, a guy who understood the franchise and was attached to it.

Chayka traded him for what is now absolutely nothing.

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
Funny enough, Martinook is a decent example of Coyotes's drafting and developing a prospect alright. Obviously not a star player but a homemade role player, a guy who understood the franchise and was attached to it.

Chayka traded him for what is now absolutely nothing.

I mean I’ll take Crouse over Martinook. But would’ve gladly kept Marty over Cousins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad