Speculation: 2018-2019 Roster Discussion #2 - Even Worser!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Is there another deal we can make with the Hawks to capitalize on their floundering and Bowman's general mismanagement?
Who would we want? Toews/Kane/Seebrook/Keith are all highly paid. They would retain on Seebrook but we don't want him.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
It's tough to tell, I'm pretty sure we are going to be riding Adin Hill and Darcy Kuemper pretty hard and pretty evenly. I would say you can bet on Kuemper having a slight advantage in games played. So Kuemper would be my prediction.
Isn't Kuemper injured currently?

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
3 game losing streak so if we start Kuemper next game and lose I say we try Pickard.

I thought Kuemper was really good all things considered.
Only one of those 4 I thought Kuemper had any realistic chance on, the 4th one. And even that one was some great passing + lulzy defense.

Check out the 3rd goal:
upload_2018-12-12_13-50-30.png

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
according to the Roadrunners, Nick Merkley makes his first start of the year tonight.

Didn't even know he was practicing with the team. It will be good to get him going and he could be the missing link on the 2nd line. He was really, really good last year and without Strome, he should be the go to guy and he has some sandpaper to his game. Looking forward to his return tonight and positive things moving forward.

Reactions: RemoAZ and SR

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
Came up in a post on the main boards where Jost + Andrighetto +2nd would come to Arizona and Crouse + Stepan + Richardson would go to Colorado. It was stated that center depth and Crouse were the focal points in the post. Wasn't fond of that deal but I think in principal there is something there. Bringing in NYR and the rumors around Hayes could make for a good 3-way.

Thoughts on value? Do the NYRs come out of this with less than they should? Hayes is that ideal 2c/3c who can step up and will be a UFA at seasons end . I would definitively say that Jost has a much higher upside than Crouse so an add would have to be there. We take a pretty big risk here but is it worth it in the grand scheme to find a way into the post season in the next 2 years? Jost seems to play the style that RT likes so I think he would flourish here, especially if he shores up his D some more. Colorado is the up front winner of this, possibly in the future if none of the other pieces turn into anything and Hayes resigns.

If there was a change needed in value, what/where is it?

To Arizona: Jost
To Colorado: Hayes + Crouse
To New York: Arizona '19 2nd + Colorado '19 1st

Edit: Made an adjustment to my opinion.

Last edited:

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Last edited:

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
I’d prefer to keep Crouse. Seems to be the only one with sandpaper and willing to stick up for Keller when he gets blindsided.

For a player of Jost's caliber, kthxbai Lawson. We'd probably fail to develop him too though.

I dunno about the value, it doesn't seem radically off. But I think teams are starting to understand that keeping their young high end prospects is worth a lot to even contending teams and that's why they command such a premium over even picks.

Look at a team like Dallas, people were thinking that core was gonna age off and not accomplish anything (still might not of course). But they get to inject Heiskanen into that mix this season and it changes the outlook completely.

Jost isn't quite on that level of course, though he was originally highly thought of at draft day. Some think the Avs rushed him which hurt his development. I haven't written him off as a future top 6er. Some have.

IMO the most valuable piece from us is actually our 2nd and not Crouse. Odds Jost ends up better than either that 2nd or Crouse are pretty high. I'd do it. If I felt Crouse still held tweener potential I'd probably think differently but I think he's going to top out as a good 3rd liner with intangibles at best.

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
For a player of Jost's caliber, kthxbai Lawson. We'd probably fail to develop him too though.

I dunno about the value, it doesn't seem radically off. But I think teams are starting to understand that keeping their young high end prospects is worth a lot to even contending teams and that's why they command such a premium over even picks.

Look at a team like Dallas, people were thinking that core was gonna age off and not accomplish anything (still might not of course). But they get to inject Heiskanen into that mix this season and it changes the outlook completely.

Jost isn't quite on that level of course, though he was originally highly thought of at draft day. Some think the Avs rushed him which hurt his development. I haven't written him off as a future top 6er. Some have.

IMO the most valuable piece from us is actually our 2nd and not Crouse. Odds Jost ends up better than either that 2nd or Crouse are pretty high. I'd do it. If I felt Crouse still held tweener potential I'd probably think differently but I think he's going to top out as a good 3rd liner with intangibles at best.

That's kind of my thoughts. I dont think NYR bite though which kills the deal. Even if Jost busts, trying for those top 6 impact forwards is where we are, that or keep waiting for one to develop *eyeroll*.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
I don't think Jost will bust, nor do I think he'll live up to his draft slot. He reminds me of a poor man's Sam Reinhart. Not big, not quick just smart. Maybe like a healthy Nick Merkley with a goal knack for scoring rather than play making.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad