2018-2019 Regular Season Discussion: Part III

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
Even if we tank, we will need more lottery luck to get an impact player.

Better to make playoffs and when the Stars come to the podium at the draft, all of us at HF kidnap Nill (temporarily) and make the pick ourselves.

There, problem solved.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Meh. He should get his chance next season.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Was up under an emergency recall but this is best for him. Monty's treatment of him up here is ridiculous

Its his first year and he got more chances than most people though he would at the beginning of the year. He'll be back at some point . The team will have to call up someone for the western Canadian roadtrip at the end of the month.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I’m pretty sure he was an emergency call up as was L’Entendre. When Benn was able to return, one of them had to go down.

Gurianov was up for Benn so he had go for when Benn was back and L'Esperance will have to go when Cogliano is back. Unless of course the team spends a "normal" recall.

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
In a weird schedule quirk, most WC contenders have more home games down the stretch, while most EC teams have more road games. I figured with more division games near the end, it might be more equal.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Well the coach is not the doctor so whatever the coach or the player says take that with a grain of salt.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Well the coach is not the doctor so whatever the coach or the player says take that with a grain of salt.

I've never seen it happen to any other coach this often where he's told a player will be fine and then repeatedly that player ends up not fine after all.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I've never seen it happen to any other coach this often where he's told a player will be fine and then repeatedly that player ends up not fine after all.

Pretty sure Faksa felt fine yesterday. Today he woke up and didn't feel so fine. Not unusual . Adrenalin and so on and so furth.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Pretty sure Faksa felt fine yesterday. Today he woke up and didn't feel so fine. Not unusual . Adrenalin and so on and so furth.

Yep, especially with head/neck injuries. Look at whiplash as an example.

Dynamite Time

Where Is My Mind?
Jan 23, 2018
Austin, TX
Regular season discussion is starting to feel like postseason discussion.

First off congrats to our goalies, where would Stars be with the Lehtonen/Niemi tandem we had a couple of years ago? Ewww

Finally seeing some forwards, not just the top 3, play good full games. Hintz, Faksa, Dickinson, Janmark and Comeau have all seemed to play with a bit more push lately. I’ve really liked Hintz all season; he seems to be getting more confident with himself every game.

Let’s hope this team gets addicted to outplaying the opposition and winning games. I am.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
How is Hanzal not lying down for the team picture? That be a more accurate representation of him!

I mean Methot and Johns ire in the picture as well and Johns hasn't even played a single game this year.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
If they somehow miss, or get knocked out first round, is Nill fired?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad