Prospect Info: 2018-2019 Prospect Stats, Reports and Discussion - The Memorial Cup (Samorukov and Safin)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
I don't think he's saying anything like that. Dobson had a poor game against Guelph, which isn't his norm, but it was a poor game nonetheless. He never called the Q an inferior league.

Well he does say “Dobson ***** the bed against Guelph instead of controlling it”’
To me, he is being a harsh critic. Samourkov fell twice and RN almost scored each time. I’m a big Samourkov fan and I realize this happens when star players play 45-50 mins a game. He was -2 against Halifax but I thought he played great. The Halifax-Guelph game was much better then the RN-Guelph game. RN is not outta this Mem Cup.
As for Suzuki , I watched him twice. I expected much more. At the first game, there were 10 of us in a private box. 3 of the people in the box were big Hab fans and they said the same thing

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
Well he does say “Dobson ***** the bed against Guelph instead of controlling it”’
To me, he is being a harsh critic. Samourkov fell twice and RN almost scored each time. I’m a big Samourkov fan and I realize this happens when star players play 45-50 mins a game. He was -2 against Halifax but I thought he played great. The Halifax-Guelph game was much better then the RN-Guelph game. RN is not outta this Mem Cup.
As for Suzuki , I watched him twice. I expected much more. At the first game, there were 10 of us in a private box. 3 of the people in the box were big Hab fans and they said the same thing
Suzuki has been pretty underwhelming so far.

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
Commenting a player had a bad game, doesn’t mean he’s a bad player.

Why are you getting so upset over someone else’s opinion, what makes your opinion better than his?

I don’t really give a crap. I mention Dobson, he gives an analysis like he is terrible. I mention Radcliffe (who is a dandy to watch live), he says he will have a hard time to translate to the pros.

My opinion is no better then anyone else on here. I’m watching the games up close, live in Halifax. I probably attend 40-50 games a year of this caliber hockey. This is very good hockey.
You guys wanna gang up on me cause I replied to one of your buddies and became a critic of him being a critic of my analysis, bring it on. I can see you guys will be reporting to the moderator.
This can turn into CNN when Cuomo is arguing with Kelly Conway all the time

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
And on a lighter note, what are you guys doing up so early for anyway? The only reason I’m up is because a telemarketer woke me up at 630 AM here

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
Some poor Moosehead just blocked a Samorukov slapshot and hobbled to the bench in a ton of pain. As I post that Lavoie scores a beauty shorthanded undressing Lalonde.

Watched Lavoie quite a bit this year. Great hands. Montreal picks 15. If he is still there, they are crazy not to take him. He is French and the Habs fans in Montreal will want him

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
And on a lighter note, what are you guys doing up so early for anyway? The only reason I’m up is because a telemarketer woke me up at 630 AM here
Not all of us live in North America. :)
Watched Lavoie quite a bit this year. Great hands. Montreal picks 15. If he is still there, they are crazy not to take him. He is French and the Habs fans in Montreal will want him
He is very skilled for sure, but from what I've read/seen, he has compete issues and is bad defensively. He's a risky pick for whoever takes him but has enormous upside.

Reactions: Llamamoto

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
Not all of us live in North America. :)

He is very skilled for sure, but from what I've read/seen, he has compete issues and is bad defensively. He's a risky pick for whoever takes him but has enormous upside.

That is what the scouts say about him as well. They say he can go out there and be the best player when he wants. Other times, he takes shifts off. Drouin did that as well when he played in Halifax. Here is a good one for ya. When Halifax was building their first Mem Cup team in the lead up to the 2013 Mem Cup team, they drafted Jack Eichel but he chose to play in Boston. Can you imagine that team of MacKinnon, Eichel, and Drouin in junior? It would not have been fair
Where r u guys at in the world ? I talk to a big Oiler fan in Australia as well

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
That is what the scouts say about him as well. They say he can go out there and be the best player when he wants. Other times, he takes shifts off. Drouin did that as well when he played in Halifax. Here is a good one for ya. When Halifax was building their first Mem Cup team in the lead up to the 2013 Mem Cup team, they drafted Jack Eichel but he chose to play in Boston. Can you imagine that team of MacKinnon, Eichel, and Drouin in junior? It would not have been fair
All over the map. There are some in Finland, Germany, Switzerland, Thailand, China, and Qatar just on this board. Although I'm not sure if they're Canadian and just based there (like I am), or if that is their nationality as well.

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
I don’t really give a crap. I mention Dobson, he gives an analysis like he is terrible. I mention Radcliffe (who is a dandy to watch live), he says he will have a hard time to translate to the pros.

My opinion is no better then anyone else on here. I’m watching the games up close, live in Halifax. I probably attend 40-50 games a year of this caliber hockey. This is very good hockey.
You guys wanna gang up on me cause I replied to one of your buddies and became a critic of him being a critic of my analysis, bring it on. I can see you guys will be reporting to the moderator.
This can turn into CNN when Cuomo is arguing with Kelly Conway all the time

Its not the fact that you were critiquing him, it was the way you did it. Some of the stuff you said was uncalled for.

I'm from Edmonton, but I'm based in Qatar. There's actually a solid hockey community here considering its size. I've played against the Qatar National team a few times.

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
All over the map. There are some in Finland, Germany, Switzerland, Thailand, China, and Qatar just on this board. Although I'm not sure if they're Canadian and just based there (like I am), or if that is their nationality as well.

Well take some of this weather with ya. It hasn’t been sunny 2 days in a row in May. Raining again here as we speak

Llamamoto

Sep 5, 2018
Well take some of this weather with ya. It hasn’t been sunny 2 days in a row in May. Raining again here as we speak

I appreciate rain a lot more now. Its consistently over 40 celsius in the summer here. The winter rarely gets below 20. It barely rains as well.

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
Its not the fact that you were critiquing him, it was the way you did it. Some of the stuff you said was uncalled for.

I'm from Edmonton, but I'm based in Qatar. There's actually a solid hockey community here considering its size. I've played against the Qatar National team a few times.

Wow . I’ve been over that way. I worked in Saudi Arabia back in 05-06. I left there after a terrorism attack in 06 and drove to Edmonton. I went from +30 to -30

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
I appreciate rain a lot more now. Its consistently over 40 celsius in the summer here. The winter rarely gets below 20. It barely rains as well.

What work u doing? I worked the Oil Rigs in desert. We would fly outta Bahrain. After 35 days in Saudi under Islam rules, you couldn’t wait to get to Bahrain to have a drink and get home

Llamamoto

Sep 5, 2018
What work u doing? I worked the Oil Rigs in desert. We would fly outta Bahrain. After 35 days in Saudi under Islam rules, you couldn’t wait to get to Bahrain to have a drink and get home

I'm still in high school lol. My dad got transferred here a few years back.

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
I'm still in high school lol. My dad got transferred here a few years back.

Qatar is very well off is it not? Can you live like a “Westerner” there or is that restricted?
Never there. I was in Bahrain and Saudi Arabia and very close to Iraq and Yemen but never Qatar or Dubai

Llamamoto

Sep 5, 2018
Qatar is very well off is it not? Can you live like a “Westerner” there or is that restricted?
Never there. I was in Bahrain and Saudi Arabia and very close to Iraq and Yemen but never Qatar or Dubai

Its a lot less restricted than Bahrain and Saudi. Not as much as Dubai though. The hockey community's far better though. Our team always slaughters middle eastern competitions. We even travelled to Hungary last year to play against the u18 team.

Edit: My dad's an engineer.

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
Its a lot less restricted than Bahrain and Saudi. Not as much as Dubai though. The hockey community's far better though. Our team always slaughters middle eastern competitions. We even travelled to Hungary last year to play against the u18 team.

Edit: My dad's an engineer.

I found Bahrain was very western. We would meet up with people from the WEst and various spots in Europe and have a few dozen drinks in a bar called Wranglers in Bahrain.
I found the heat kills ya if you are from Canada. I left because the Canadian dollar got strong against the American and I worked for an American company

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
Well I can tell from your replies u don’t have a clue about hockey. You are probably one of these people who say “ Don’t draft Q players because it is in inferior league, draft Edmonton Oil Kings”. Like that has done really good for the Oilers .
Just to let ya know, PA came in here and got absolutely dominated by Halifax.
Dobson probably played 50 mins for Rouyan Noranda against Guelph. You don’t see on TV what we see in the stands. Dobson gets booed in Halifax because he single handily beat Halifax. He won the best Dman. He also won a Mem Cup with Acadia Bathurst last year where he was a major contributor. He made the All-Star team in the Mem Cup last year.
Yes, he sucks for sure. Great analysis @KYams17 .
Here is another for ya when you are being a critic of the Q. PA and Guelph we’re both rated 1,2 at certain times thru the year. They came in here and got beat handily by Halifax. I don’t think PA will win a game.
Oh well, what do I know. I go to the games and watch them live. I’ll leave it up to the armchair GM’s like yourself to be the new Don Cherry ffs

Huh? Did someone put salt in your coffee this morning? I literally never said once Dobson sucks. I said he had a tough, bad game against Guelph...

Draft Edmonton Oil Kings? I've never said that once LOL

Since when did me saying Dobson had a bad game = me saying he sucks and the Q is an inferior league? Are you high?

Wait so your saying since you go to the games you have a better understanding then me? I have never tried to say once that I'm smarter than anyone when it comes to judging players.

How about you actually think before posting instead of making assumptions out of your head that literally make no sense? You sound like a child

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018

and what was wrong with what I said? He didn't control the game against Guelph... He played bad. Shot selection wasn't great and some poor decisions were made. A very unDobson like game..

Hell I'm not biased on any kinds of players. I thought Samorukov had a rough game yesterday because of a couple of misgaffes by him and his D partner

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
Alexis Gravel made 33 saves and was named first star as the Mooseheads doubled up on the Storm 4-2. Antoine Morand (named third star) and Maxim Trépanier (GWG) each had a goal and an assist. Raphael Lavoie (SH) and Samuel Asselin had the other goals. Patrick Kyte, Arnaud Durandeau, Keith Getson, Ben Higgins and Jocktan Chainey added the other assists. Ostap Safin had no points, no shots, got called for elbowing and was even. Sean Durzi scored twice (1 PP) for Guelph. Nick Suzuki (named second star), Alexey Toropchenko and Nate Schnarr had assists. Dmitri Samorukov had an assist, 3 shots and was -2. Anthony Popovich made 38 saves. Shots were 42-235 Halifax. Halifax was 0/6 with a SHGA. Guelph was 1/6. Halifax won 41 of 69 faceoffs.
Memorial Cup (includes highlights)
Game story: Mooseheads double-up Storm to stay perfect – Memorial Cup
5 takeaways: 5 Takeaways: Mooseheads weather the Storm – Memorial Cup
Photo gallery: GALLERY: Mooseheads improve to 2-0 – Memorial Cup
Halifax post-game: Halifax – GM3 – Post Game – Memorial Cup
Guelph post-game: Guelph – GM3 – Post Game – Memorial Cup
George Burnett post-game: Guelph – GM3 – George Burnett Post Game – Memorial Cup
Eric Veilleux post-game: Halifax – GM3 – Eric Veilleux Post Game – Memorial Cup
Sportsnet panel: Halifax (4) – Guelph (2) – GM3 – Panel – Memorial Cup
Sportsnet recap: Halifax (4) – Guelph (2) – GM3 – Recap – Memorial Cup

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
Game 4 is back on HD tonight.

Rouyn-Noranda vs. Prince Albert @ 5 PM
Watch on CHL Live or watch on Sportsnet.

Game preview: Round Robin Preview: Huskies at Raiders – Memorial Cup
Prince Albert pre-game: Prince Albert – GM4 – Pre-Game – Memorial Cup
Rouyn-Noranda pre-game: Rouyn-Noranda – GM4 – Pre-Game – Memorial Cup
Around the Memorial Cup today: What you need to know – May 20th – Memorial Cup
Memorial Cup fan breakfast raises $9350: $9,350 raised for VETS Canada at annual Memorial Cup Fan Breakfast – Memorial Cup

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
Game 4 is back on HD tonight.

Rouyn-Noranda vs. Prince Albert @ 5 PM
Watch on CHL Live or watch on Sportsnet.

Game preview: Round Robin Preview: Huskies at Raiders – Memorial Cup
Prince Albert pre-game: Prince Albert – GM4 – Pre-Game – Memorial Cup
Rouyn-Noranda pre-game: Rouyn-Noranda – GM4 – Pre-Game – Memorial Cup
Around the Memorial Cup today: What you need to know – May 20th – Memorial Cup
Memorial Cup fan breakfast raises $9350: $9,350 raised for VETS Canada at annual Memorial Cup Fan Breakfast – Memorial Cup

Tell me what you think of Asselin. Kinda reminds me of Hebig. Same size and both undrafted but put up great numbers. He is a great skater. Another fella I think is a dandy on defence is Ryczek. Chicago property

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad