Prospect Info: 2018-2019 Prospect Stats, Reports and Discussion - The Memorial Cup (Samorukov and Safin)

Status
Not open for further replies.

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
Tell me what you think of Asselin. Kinda reminds me of Hebig. Same size and both undrafted but put up great numbers. He is a great skater. Another fella I think is a dandy on defence is Ryczek. Chicago property

Can't say about Asselin, as I've seen little of him. I see Columbus had him for an invite this past season. They could sign him as a FA.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Dobson has had a rough period to say the least. Looking very unlike his usual self.

I know he's an overager but I'd have a lot of time for Leason at 38 if he is somehow still around.

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
Tyler Hinam scored twice, including the game winner, and was named second star, as the Huskies broke it open late in the third and won 6-3 over the Raiders. Felix Bibeau, Joel Teasdale (PP) and Noah Dobson (EN) each had a goal and an assist. Peter Abbandonato had the other goal. Rafael Harvey-Pinard (named third star), Jakub Lauko and Alex Beaucage added the other assists. Samuel Harvey (W) made 30 saves. Noah Gregor (named first star) had a goal and 2 assists for Prince Albert. Cole Fonstad had a goal and an assist and Brayden Pachal had the other goal. Jeremy Masella, Max Martin and Ozzy Weisblatt had the other assists. Ian Scott (L) made 27 saves on 32 shots. Shots were 33-33. Rouyn-Noranda was 1/3 on the PP, PA 0/3. PA won 34 of 61 faceoffs.
Memorial Cup (includes highlights)
Game story: Huskies pull away late in 6-3 win over Raiders – Memorial Cup
5 takeaways: 5 Takeaways: Raiders in tough following loss to Huskies – Memorial Cup
Photo gallery: GALLERY: Huskies hunt down Raiders – Memorial Cup
Rouyn-Noranda post-game: Rouyn-Noranda – GM4 – Post Game – Memorial Cup
Prince Albert post-game: Prince Albert – GM4 – Post Game – Memorial Cup
Mario Pouliot post-game: Rouyn-Noranda – GM4 – Mario Pouliot Post Game – Memorial Cup
Marc Habscheid post-game: Prince Albert – GM4 – Marc Habscheid Post Game – Memorial Cup
Sportsnet panel: Rouyn-Noranda (6) – Prince Albert (3) – GM4 – Panel – Memorial Cup
Sportsnet recap: Rouyn-Noranda (6) – Prince Albert (3) – GM4 – Recap – Memorial Cup

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Samorukov got nailed from behind into a bench door that wasn't closed. Lucky, he hit so perfectly it seemed that the door opening actually prevented him from being hurt. Might have taken more damage if there was no give as he hit the edge of the bench.

smokersarejokers

Jul 7, 2005
Stauffer may be a bit of a big fat loudmouth, but I totally agree with him when he constantly says that the WHL has too many teams.

I've been a huge fan of the league for most of my life and it's kind of embarrassing when the WHL champ hasn't won a game since 2015.

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
Stauffer may be a bit of a big fat loudmouth, but I totally agree with him when he constantly says that the WHL has too many teams.

I've been a huge fan of the league for most of my life and it's kind of embarrassing when the WHL champ hasn't won a game since 2015.

The WHL champs haven't won in 12 but the WHL host teams are 5-4 since 2015.

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB

I don't think the WHL has too many teams. I think in the west, more players are going the Jr.A/NCAA route than in the Ontario or Quebec/East regions.

smokersarejokers

Jul 7, 2005
I don't think the WHL has too many teams. I think in the west, more players are going the Jr.A/NCAA route than in the Ontario or Quebec/East regions.

Yeah, that's fair.

Turris, Jost, Makar, Bernard-Docker just off the top of my head. That Holloway kid in Okotoks right now. It'll be interesting to see if Matthew Savoie stays on the NCAA path.

Just seems crazy that Ontario has 20 teams, Quebec/Maritimes have 18 and BC, Alberta, Sask, Manitoba have 22.

Population:
Ontario: 14.5 million
Quebec/Maritimes: 10.8 million
BC, AB, SK, MB: 11.9 million

Why does the WHL have more teams? IMO 20 makes a lot of sense.

BarDownBobo

Oct 19, 2012
City of Champions

The issue is more that the WHL teams don't load up like the teams out east do. The OHL and especially the QMJHL always seem to have 2/3 teams each that absolutely load up for a championship run ever year. You rarely see deals like that in the WHL, there's more parity and a lot more teams think they have a chance to win the title so they stick with what they've already got.

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
Yeah, that's fair.

Turris, Jost, Makar, Bernard-Docker just off the top of my head. That Holloway kid in Okotoks right now. It'll be interesting to see if Matthew Savoie stays on the NCAA path.

Just seems crazy that Ontario has 20 teams, Quebec/Maritimes have 18 and BC, Alberta, Sask, Manitoba have 22.

Population:
Ontario: 14.5 million
Quebec/Maritimes: 10.8 million
BC, AB, SK, MB: 11.9 million

Why does the WHL have more teams? IMO 20 makes a lot of sense.

I don't disagree that 20 makes sense. However, if they are viable financially I don't have a problem with it. I wouldn't cut 40 roster spots and opportunities for kids to get scholarships and a chance to further their hockey careers to win some tournament that is a giant crapshoot.

smokersarejokers

Jul 7, 2005
I don't disagree that 20 makes sense. However, if they are viable financially I don't have a problem with it. I wouldn't cut 40 roster spots and opportunities for kids to get scholarships and a chance to further their hockey careers to win some tournament that is a giant crapshoot.
Sure, but I don't think all franchises are doing well.

Kootenay was in big trouble and we'll see how things go in Winnipeg. PG seems like they've been barely scraping by for years. I think Tri City has some issues as well.

Those kids that don't play could go through the Junior A route in any of the 4 provinces and possibly go the NCAA route and play for one of the many div 1, 2 and 3 colleges out there.

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
Isaac Ratcliffe had a goal and 2 assists and was named first star and Nick Suzuki had 2 goals and an assist and was named second star, as the Storm ended the Raiders' run with a 5-2 win. Lian Hawal ( PP GWG) and Fedor Gordeev added the other goals. Sean Durzi (2), MacKenzie Entwistle, Alaxey Toropchenko, Cedric Ralph and Pavel Gogolev had the other assists. Anthony Popovich made 19 saves. Dmitri Samorukov had no points, 4 shots, got called for hooking (PPGA) and was +2. Brayden Pachal had 2 assists and was named third star for Prince Albert. Sean Montgomery (PP) and Dante Hannoun had the goals. Noah Gregor had the other assist. Ian Scott made 20 save. Shots were 25-21 Guelph. Guelph was 1/3 on the PP, Prince Albert 1/2. Guelph won 41 of 59 faceoffs.
Memorial Cup (includes highlights)
Game story: Suzuki and Ratcliffe connect as Storm eliminate Raiders – Memorial Cup
5 takeaways: 5 Takeaways: Storm tackles Raiders to improve to 2-1 – Memorial Cup
Photo gallery: GALLERY: Storm send Raiders home – Memorial Cup
Guelph post-game: Guelph – GM5 – Post Game – Memorial Cup
Prince Albert post game: Prince Albert – GM5 – Post Game – Memorial Cup
George Burnett post-game: Guelph – GM5 – George Burnett Post Game – Memorial Cup
Marc Habscheid post-game: Prince Albert – GM5 – Marc Habscheid Post Game – Memorial Cup
Sportsnet panel: Guelph (5) – Prince Albert (2) – GM5 – Panel – Memorial Cup
Sportsnet recap: Guelph (5) – Prince Albert (2) – GM5 – Recap – Memorial Cup

Reactions: Moreaupheus

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
Here's the tie-breaker if all 3 teams are 2-1. The results from Prince Albert will be taken away from the GF and GA totals. Then the other scores will be divided by GF over GA. The highest result will go to the final.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad