Prospect Info: 2018-2019 Prospect Stats, Reports and Discussion - The Memorial Cup (Samorukov and Safin)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
I notice that, although Safin is on a line with Parent and Getson, those two get time on other lines as well.

It’s actually the first time I’ve noticed him at all . I was there for GUelph-Halifax and I don’t think he got 5 shifts. He is labouring when he skates . He has hands

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
On Wednesday, Jakub Lauko (GWG and named third star) had a goal and an assist for Rouyn-Noranda as they edged Halifax 4-3. Felix Bibeau, Joël Teasdale and William Rouleau also scored. and Alexis Arsenault (2), Justin Bergeron, Rafael Harvey-Pinard, Mathieu Gagnon and Peter Abbandonato (named first star) added the other assists. Samuel Harvey (W) made 24 saves. Arnaud Durandeau had a goal and an assist for the Huskies. Benoit-Olivier Groulx and Antoine Durand had the other goals. Jared McIsaac, Justin Barron, Keith Getson, Joel Bishop and Maxim Trepanier added the other assists. Alexis Gravel (L) made 36 saves. Ostap Safin had no points, no shots and was -1. Shots were 40-27 R-N. R-N PP was 0/2, Haliax PP was 1/3. Halifax won 36 of 63 faceoffs.
Memorial Cup (includes highlights)
Game story: Mooseheads advance to Championship Final despite 4-3 loss to rival Huskies – Memorial Cup
5 takeaways: 5 Takeaways: Huskies come out on top but Mooseheads win tie-breaker – Memorial Cup
Photo Gallery: GALLERY: Mooseheads and Huskies clash in round robin finale – Memorial Cup
Rouyn-Noranda post-game: Rouyn-Noranda – GM6 – Post Game – Memorial Cup
Halifax post-game: Halifax – GM6 – Post Game – Memorial Cup
Mario Pouliot post-game: Rouyn-Noranda – GM6 – Mario Pouliot Post Game – Memorial Cup
Eric Veilleux post-game: Halifax – GM6 – Eric Veilleux Post Game – Memorial Cup
Sportsnet panel: Halifax (3) – Rouyn-Noranda (4) – GM 6 – Panel – Memorial Cup
Sporstnet recap: Halifax (3) – Rouyn-Noranda (4) – GM 6 – Recap – Memorial Cup

Samuel Asselin - Mr. Memorial Cup: Mr. Memorial Cup – Memorial Cup
Jane's saves of the MC: Memorial Cup edition of Janes Saves – Memorial Cup
Halifax off-day: Halifax – Off Day – Championship Final Bound – Memorial Cup
Guelph off-day: Guelph – Off Day – Fate Decided – Memorial Cup

Last edited:

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I know the hype has really grown on him but even if the offence doesn’t translate and samorukov never becomes a 40pt #1 D I still think his floor is not far off from that of an Adam Larsson, guy knows how and when to defend using the body or stick

He was pretty bad on the 5th GA unfortunately.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Well samorukovs season is over, shot gets blocked and player skates the puck down to an empty net

Unfortunate that they were this close but didn't get to the final game. He made some very good plays form what I could see (mostly the 3rd period) and showed some good offensive skill and awareness, in the end that 5th goal was a back breaker sadly.

Reactions: B33K33PING

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
Where was this on Wednesday? I kept shaking my head when R-N led 2-0 after 1, then crapped the bed in the 2nd, only to just eke a win in the 3rd, just enough to make sure they didn't face Halifax in the semis.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
I wouldn't mind as much except that Safin has been invisible and a non-factor. Almost like Sammy was the only Oiler prospect in the MC.
Safin has been invisible all year even when he’s actually on the ice. He’s done as a prospect.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
I wouldn't mind as much except that Safin has been invisible and a non-factor. Almost like Sammy was the only Oiler prospect in the MC.
When ive watched Halifax I can't think of a single time his name has been said by the announcers, has he even been in the lineup?

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Safin has been invisible all year even when he’s actually on the ice. He’s done as a prospect.
His only option will probably be ECHL or europe.

I can't see halifax using an overage PLUS import slot on Safin.

I'm surprised they even use a roster slot at this point.

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
I know the hype has really grown on him but even if the offence doesn’t translate and samorukov never becomes a 40pt #1 D I still think his floor is not far off from that of an Adam Larsson, guy knows how and when to defend using the body or stick

I seen Guelph play twice live in the Mem Cup and that is what struck me about Samourkov as well. Very sound defensively

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017

He looks like he is labouring when he is skating. I seen him 4 times this year in Halifax and he does not look like the same player from 2 years ago

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005
I don't think Safin recovered from the hip injury. Lucky for him he has a contract. If it is the hip and he can actually get rehabbed it might be better for him if they can loan him out to a Finnish league team. I am not sure how the ECHL works because they have a salary cap there. Will his entry level deal comply with that?

9 pts in 10 games before the injury and 4 points in 28 games after the injury, including playoffs. It would not surprise me if they said an extended layoff or surgery was ahead of him.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad