Prospect Info: 2018-2019 Prospect Stats, Reports and Discussion - The Memorial Cup (Samorukov and Safin)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Oh 100%, as soon as he knew he was going to hit him arm went right up. People think it was a revenge hit for their last game when Samorukov laid a huge clean hit.

Because he just came off a suspension, he will probably get another 10+ for this one.

I guess someone has to be the OHL's Tom Wilson.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017

Yikes....probably in a lot of pain. Although if he wears a cage he can probably keep playing

Reactions: Soli

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta

Cerebral

Aug 4, 2003
Calgary, Alberta
Samorukov, man!

It's about time this stupid organization found a hidden gem.

Now please don't ruin him...
It’s funny - my brother and I both watched him play up in Red Deer for the prospects game this summer and he was terrible. He’s had a heck of a season though, and it’s awesome to see his offence come along.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Big fan of Samorukov. I was really impressed with him at the WJC and he's following it up with a stellar 2nd half of the season. There's just something that screams future NHL defender in his game with his skating and poise.

When watching him, I always wondered why his offensive numbers were underwhelming relative to his skillset but now the production is starting to blossom. Really intrigued to see him make the jump to pro next season.

He has a higher floor than Bouchard IMO. Not as much upside but a safer bet to be a solid NHLer, kind of like Jones in that respect.

Last edited:

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Big fan of Samorukov. I was really impressed with him at the WJC and he's following it up with a stellar 2nd half of the season. There's just something that screams future NHL defender in his game with his skating and poise.

When watching him, I always wondered why his offensive numbers were underwhelming relative to his skillset but now the production is starting to blossom. Really intrigued to see him make the jump to pro next season.

He has a higher floor than Bouchard IMO. Not as much upside but a safer bet to be a solid NHLer, kind of like Jones in that respect.

It seems like we are in good hands on the blueline future speaking. We need to start focusing big time on skill up front and also on the blueline when it presents itself.

Reactions: ConnorMcMullet
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad