Prospect Info: 2018-2019 Prospect Stats, Reports and Discussion - The Memorial Cup (Samorukov and Safin)

Status
Not open for further replies.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Who's going to be turning pro with the condors next year? Samurokov/McLeod/Bouchard/Maksimov/Safin? Who stays back as a 20?
Safin probably heads overseas next year. He's missed the majority of this season and he looked very raw last year. If he stays in NA, the ECHL is probably his starting destination.

Last edited:
Reactions: B33K33PING

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
Safin probably heads overseas next year. He's missed the majority of this season and he looked very reason last year. If he stays in NA, the ECHL is probably his starting destination.
Safin I thought was very good last year. But his team was a disaster. 14 wins in 68 games and the second lowest number of goals for in the Q. He did lead his team in goals scored by 10.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Safin I thought was very good last year. But his team was a disaster. 14 wins in 68 games and the second lowest number of goals for in the Q. He did lead his team in goals scored by 10.
I just remember what I saw from him at the WJC and in training camps. He was producing around a PPG in the Q, but that time missed is a pretty big concern.

I'm not sure his transition is guaranteed to go a smoothly as Benson's has.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
I just remember what I saw from him at the WJC and in training camps. He was producing around a PPG in the Q, but that time missed is a pretty big concern.

That's fine. You can still have him fight for a spot on the Condors

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario

For me Benson is the much higher end prospect. Safin is a project, but a project that does the one thing teams most covet. He scores goals. The Oilers need to cultivate a guy or two who can do that. Forget about making everyone into a two way player. Someone needs to simply put the puck in the net. Right now Safin and Maksimov both have that potential. Let's hope one guy turns out.

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
Evan Bouchard had a goal, 3 shots and was +2, as the Knights repelled the munitions of the Battalion 8-1.
Ontario Hockey League – Official Site of the Ontario Hockey League
Feb. 24/19 – NB (1) – LDN (8) – Ontario Hockey League

Kirill Maksimov had the GWG, 2 assists, took 2 shots and was +4, as the IceDogs took a bite out of the Attack 9-0.
Feb. 24/19 – NIAG (9) – OS (0) – Ontario Hockey League

Ryan McLeod had an assist, a shot, won 12 of 26 faceoffs and was even, as the Spirit made the Generals tipsy 5-4 in OT.
Feb. 24/19 – SAG (5) – OSH (4) – OT – Ontario Hockey League

Olivier Rodrique (W 35-8-2) made 22 saves and recorded his 3rd shutout of the season, as the Voltigeurs parted the river of the Saguenéens 6-0.
QMJHL – Includes live game day coverage, audio and video clips, exclusive stories, game tickets, stats, standings, schedules and features.
Stars shine in Drummondville ! Saguenéens 0 Voltigeurs 6 – QMJHL

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Did he lead with his elbow there?
Oh 100%, as soon as he knew he was going to hit him arm went right up. People think it was a revenge hit for their last game when Samorukov laid a huge clean hit.

Because he just came off a suspension, he will probably get another 10+ for this one.

Tw0Shoes

Mar 15, 2007
Oh 100%, as soon as he knew he was going to hit him arm went right up. People think it was a revenge hit for their last game when Samorukov laid a huge clean hit.

Because he just came off a suspension, he will probably get another 10+ for this one.

That looked like a clean hit though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad