Line Combos: 2018 -2019 Line/D Pairing discussions & proposals - II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Give Stemp a shot he has been buying his time working hard. Cannot be any worse than some guys we seen, at least he can score and hit the net. Wish we kept onto Winnik, thought he looked decent in the pre-season.

Still think Wagner and Backes should switch. Wags is a way better skater and scores over 3 times as many goals 5 on 5 and he hits. Coyle needs some speed with him or he is just a cycling checking center. We brought him in and saddled him with black holes for offence. Backes just is a 4th liner at this point

Last edited:

slim399

May 1, 2002
Boston
Visit site
Can Johansson play Center? I thought some where I read that. This would be a deep line up.

Marchand-Bergeron-Heinen
Debrusk-Krejci-Coyle
Cehlarik-Johansson-Pastrnak
Kuraly-Wagner-Backes/Accairi

I still think it will be

Marchand-Bergeron-Pastrnak
Debrusk-Krejci-Johansson
Heinen-Coyle-Backes
Kuraly-Accairi-Wagner

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Can Johansson play Center? I thought some where I read that. This would be a deep line up.

Marchand-Bergeron-Heinen
Debrusk-Krejci-Coyle
Cehlarik-Johansson-Pastrnak
Kuraly-Wagner-Backes/Accairi

I still think it will be

Marchand-Bergeron-Pastrnak
Debrusk-Krejci-Johansson
Heinen-Coyle-Backes
Kuraly-Accairi-Wagner
I think they try Pastrnak with Krejci.

Leaving the 3rd line

Johansson/ Coyle/ Backes

Reactions: Mr. Make-Believe

bme44

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2010
Nova Scotia
disagree.. For me Backes needs to stay in.
If the replacement for Backes is either Cehlarik or Nordstom ,I agree play Backes. If you want to watch a play die put the puck on Nordstrom's stick. Cehlarik has simply not earned a spot in the line up with his play

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
I think they try Pastrnak with Krejci.

Leaving the 3rd line

Johansson/ Coyle/ Backes

Debrusk Krejci Pasta I doubt will work

all three guys are a little selfish in their own ways

Mojo Krejci Pasta

or

Debrusk Krejci Coyle

would work better

In theory Debrusk Coyle Cehlarik could be a nice line

A nice balanced lineup in theory

Marchand Bergeron Heinen
Mojo Krejci Pasta
Debrusk Coyle Cehlarik
Wagner Acciari Kuraly/Backes
Nordstrom

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Debrusk Krejci Pasta I doubt will work

all three guys are a little selfish in their own ways

Mojo Krejci Pasta

or

Debrusk Krejci Coyle

would work better

In theory Debrusk Coyle Cehlarik could be a nice line

A nice balanced lineup in theory

Marchand Bergeron Heinen
Mojo Krejci Pasta
Debrusk Coyle Cehlarik
Wagner Acciari Kuraly/Backes
Nordstrom

Krejci isn't selfish at all. It'd actually be nice if he'd be a little selfish sometimes.

Reactions: Oates2Neely

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Krejci isn't selfish at all. It'd actually be nice if he'd be a little selfish sometimes.

I dont mean in terms of shooting but holding onto the puck a little extra

So does Pasta and Bruskie

Cehlarik, Mojo, Coyle all are good passers from defensive/mid ice areas ... to get Krejci/Pasta going from there

But if Krejci or Pasta (on the same line without a Marchand or a player that can handle/pass) need to ignite plays from their end/mid ice... it seems to get nowhere

Mick Riddleton

Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
If the replacement for Backes is either Cehlarik or Nordstom ,I agree play Backes. If you want to watch a play die put the puck on Nordstrom's stick. Cehlarik has simply not earned a spot in the line up with his play

And the puck does not die on Backes stick? He has a hard time keeping up to the play and getting to passes to even get a shot on the net. He is a 4th line fighter, nothing more. A good raw raw guy with experience but has hands and feet of stone. Wagner is a way better option. Nords and Backes should be 4th line or guys that take turns sitting. When everyone comes back there is no way this team can have Backes or Nordy on anything but the 4th line

bme44

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2010
Nova Scotia
And the puck does not die on Backes stick? He has a hard time keeping up to the play and getting to passes to even get a shot on the net. He is a 4th line fighter, nothing more. A good raw raw guy with experience but has hands and feet of stone. Wagner is a way better option. Nords and Backes should be 4th line or guys that take turns sitting. When everyone comes back there is no way this team can have Backes or Nordy on anything but the 4th line[/Q

If you check my post I never mentioned Wagner. I was simply stating I feel Backes brings more to the table than either Cehlarik or Nordstrom

Mick Riddleton

Apr 24, 2017
Niagara

The puck dies on both Nordy and Backes stick. Backes is not the best thing for the 3rd line in my view either, there is a better option. He is clearly a 4th line fighter and not a good one.

Two even strength points since Xmas is not exactly what I call the puck being good on his stick. Propping up Backes by comparing him to Nordy is not what I thought we bought. A six million dollar player vs a 1 million dollar journeyman. That's lowering the bar below the surface. A former captain and Selke nominee should be compared to Krech to be honest.

Give me Wags till everyone gets healthy. Cehlarik has not grabbed it and Nordy is a great PK guy and not much else, Backes is on his last legs. When everyone comes back Coyle will finally get help and slot everyone down

Last edited:

bob27

Grzelcyk is a top pairing defenceman
Apr 2, 2015
Nordstrom is like the anti-Spooner. He's generally doing the right things in his own zone, but is totally lost when it comes to creating any offence. It's like they are playing 4v5 in the offensive zone when he's out there.

Last edited:

arider1990

Dec 9, 2018
The puck dies on both Nordy and Backes stick. Backes is not the best thing for the 3rd line in my view either, there is a better option. He is clearly a 4th line fighter and not a good one.

One even strength point since Xmas is not exactly what I call the puck being good on his stick. Propping up Backes by comparing him to Nordy is not what I thought we bought. A six million dollar player vs a 1 million dollar journeyman. That's lowering the bar below the surface. A former captain and Selke nominee should be compared to Krech to be honest.

Give me Wags till everyone gets healthy. Cehlarik has not grabbed it and Nordy is a great PK guy and not much else, Backes is on his last legs. When everyone comes back Coyle will finally get help and slot everyone down
You do realize Backes has 2 even strength points not 1.

Mick Riddleton

Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
You do realize Backes has 2 even strength points not 1.

Oh I see He doubled his total on vs Florida the other night, thanks, I updated it.

So he is tied with Nordstrom, Acciari, Chara, Forsbakka Karlsson and John Moore with 8 pts total 5 on 5. Carlo is one behind him.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Next game... try

Marchand Bergeron Kuhlman
Cehlarik Krejci Heinen (clicking)
Wagner Coyle Acciari
Nordstrom Kuraly Backes

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Guess

Marchand Bergeron Heinen
Celly Krejci Coyle
Nordstrom Frederic Backes
Wagner Acciari Kuraly

Chara McAvoy
Krug Carlo
Moore Kampfer

Reactions: Blowfish

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
For Thursday. Guess.... please Pasta, Mojo, Bruskie return soon...please? :(

Marchand Bergeron Backes
Kuhlman Krejci Heinen
Wagner Acciari Kuraly
Nordstrom Coyle Blidh

Callup Clifton also. Kampfer looks lost

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Clifton > Kampfer

Callup Senyshyn. He can't be any worse than Frederic right now.

Marchand -- Bergeron -- Backes

Cehlarik -- Krejci -- Heinen

Nordstrom -- Coyle -- Senyshyn

Kuraly -- Acciari -- Mayor

Moore -- McAvoy

Krug -- Carlo

Chara -- Clifton

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Call up Blidh and Kuhlman for Frederic and Cehlarik

Marchand-Bergeron-Backes
Heinen-Krejci- Kuhlman
Wagner- Coyle- Kuraly
Blidh- Acciari- Nordstrom

And pray you get healthy soon

Can win some 2-1 games with that team

Son of Donegal

Stay-at-home defenseman with zero upside.
Aug 1, 2008
Maynard, MA
thomsonsafaris.com
Whether you like him or not, Backes earned a point and wasn't a dash player last night against CBJ. For now, as long as his minutes are limited, he should be a short term fit. Based on that, and assuming Cassidy wants to continue testing out Coyle as RW, and that the Kuraly/Acciari/Wagner line stays intact, I think it is worth experimenting with a 4th line of hungry Providence guys.

Marchand - Bergeron - Backes
Heinen - Krejci - Coyle
Kuraly - Acciari - Wagner
Blidh - Carey - Kuhlman

If they have truly earned their chance, let them have it and let them battle. I would rather be tough to play against and defensively sound with veterans than roll the dice in hopes of prospects coming around this late in the season. Cehlarik, Frederic, JFK, Donato, etc...all got long enough looks. I question whether any of those players really earned their NHL shifts. Meanwhile, you have guys like Schwarz, Carey, Fitzy, Smith, Blidh, Hughes etc...carrying the load as leaders in Providence.

Is there a combination of players in Providence that have the chemistry needed to be effective TOGETHER for a few games on the Boston roster?

Estlin

Sep 25, 2013
New York City
Clifton > Kampfer

Callup Senyshyn. He can't be any worse than Frederic right now.

Marchand -- Bergeron -- Backes

Cehlarik -- Krejci -- Heinen

Nordstrom -- Coyle -- Senyshyn

Kuraly -- Acciari -- Mayor

Moore -- McAvoy

Krug -- Carlo

Chara -- Clifton

If Senyshyn were to be called up—and he won't, by the sound of it—I'd be inclined to have him play on the first line. Marchand and Bergeron could easily cover for his mistakes, and the potential is there with his speed to be effective.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad