2018-2019 Liiga Talk

OskarOskarius

Jan 7, 2019
TeliaSonera is buying CMORE. Meaning the same company now will hold the media rights for the SHL and SM-Liiga. I might add CMORE have done a fantastic job in Sweden broadcasting the handball league, football league (Allsvenskan and Superettan) and the hockey league (SHL and HockeyAllsvenskan) as well as international cups in both football and hockey. If Telia is doing a bad job in Finland you can expect some improvement, because CMORE got a very competent team in my opinion.

It will be interesting to see where this ends between. This merger could've some strategic value for both the SHL and SM-Liiga.

JustaFinnishGuy

Joonas Donskoi avi but not a SEA fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 3, 2016
Finland
Any opinions on how the IIHF is pushing for universal rinks (NA rink)?
IMO it will be better for Liiga.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
TeliaSonera is buying CMORE. Meaning the same company now will hold the media rights for the SHL and SM-Liiga. I might add CMORE have done a fantastic job in Sweden broadcasting the handball league, football league (Allsvenskan and Superettan) and the hockey league (SHL and HockeyAllsvenskan) as well as international cups in both football and hockey. If Telia is doing a bad job in Finland you can expect some improvement, because CMORE got a very competent team in my opinion.

It will be interesting to see where this ends between. This merger could've some strategic value for both the SHL and SM-Liiga.

I can see the Finnish competitiveness officials having issues with it. It could mean Telia having too many sports entities in their possession. Canal Plus had to sell the SM-Liiga rights some years because they had F1, EPL, LA Liga, and other sports rights which meant the market wasn't competitive.

On topic, actually someone should edit the threat title maybe? Anyway, Timo Favorin officiated his 1000th Liiga game today and immediately after the game announced his retirement.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad