2018-2019 Liiga Talk

Hammer Slammer

Mar 26, 2010
Winnipeg
If anyone (none Finn, all Finns no this site) wants to follow all of the games that are played each round go here -> Etusivu | Liiga
You know, if you want to follow your teams prospects that happen to play in the Liiga :)

Yes its all in Finnish, but it automatically updates the scores, for all the games, gives even a nice <ding> sound every time
a team scores a goal.

If you wanna check the box score, just hover over the score and click. (before the games begin, it shows the line up)

They actually introduced an English site this offseason, as they noticed a large amount of website visits outside of Finland.

http://liiga.fi/en/

Very useful as using Google Translate sometimes made for interesting translations.

JustaFinnishGuy

Joonas Donskoi avi but not a SEA fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 3, 2016
Finland
Are there even going to be highlights from Telia? Or do they just not release them on Liiga's official website?

What a complete flop that company is.

Last edited:

Ciccarelli

Uncle Gelart
Dec 17, 2005
Are there even going to be highlights from Telia? Or do they just not release them on Liiga's official website?

What a complete flop that company is.
For some reason they don't show the highlights on the score board page on the liiga website anymore. You need to go to "uutiset" then "videot" t oget to the highlights. The clips are way better than before, they show alot more stuff than just the goals, so it's great.

JustaFinnishGuy

Joonas Donskoi avi but not a SEA fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 3, 2016
Finland
For some reason they don't show the highlights on the score board page on the liiga website anymore. You need to go to "uutiset" then "videot" t oget to the highlights. The clips are way better than before, they show alot more stuff than just the goals, so it's great.
Now that they released them yes, they may be longer but the bits arent really edited, it's just one clip after another taken from the footage exactly how they aired..

They better get the highlights out on the same day as the games are played in the future.. thats the #1 concern for me.

Ciccarelli

Uncle Gelart
Dec 17, 2005
Now that they released them yes, they may be longer but the bits arent really edited, it's just one clip after another taken from the footage exactly how they aired..
It's good, no need to edit really. Keep it simple.

I watch the after show last night on TV5 and there was so much babbling and nonsence that I almost didn't wanna watch it to see the goals. Just show highlight of the game, nothing more nothing less. I think I know my hockey better than Sean Bergenheim or Ismo Lehkonen anyways.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Red Bull joins as league partner after all, with a 6 figure sum: Liigan Red Bull -sopimuksessa on yhä epäselvyyttä – Rahasumma on kuusinumeroinen

The role is still uncertain. Only sure thing is a Red Bull helmet for the highest scoring U-20 players in each team.
I'm disappointed that they took the money and ran with it from a company making products, that's becoming a bigger health risk to the country every passing year.

And yes, I know the double standard that there's been other energy drink companies sponsoring Liiga teams (+ beer companies for that matter), but it's never been a prominent thing before by blending in with the dozen other jersey ads. Different helmets will get noticed, especially by the younger audience.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House

Romaniemi

Nov 8, 2017
OMG !!! WOW!!! UNTHINKABLE !!!!
but today happened really !!!
First SM Liiga game for #35 Kasper SIMONTAIVAL and one assist in only 6 minutes played .
This guy ( only 16 y.o) is so powerful and is gonna break all record in near future .

Top prospect for 2020 NHL draft !!!

I already adore this guy !!!!!! :popcorn::popcorn::nod::nod::nod:

keslerburrows

Mar 9, 2011
Vernon, Canada
Hey guys. I am studying in Estonia until January, and I am looking to catch a hockey game in Helsinki while I am here. What game would you suggest I see? I have circled the Oct. 11 game (TPS vs HIFK) strictly for this Kaapo Kakko kid.. But if there is a more exciting rivalry, or better players in other match ups, I'd be very thankful for a suggestion. Thank you!

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010
I have seen conflicting info regarding overseas availability of Liiga broadcasts. One poster said that Liiga had changed broadcasters and the games were now Finland-exclusive. Another said the games were still available outside Finland on Fanseat.

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010
By the way, I am asking because I am a Blue Jackets fan looking for info on how to watch CBJ prospects playing overseas.

fouba

Jul 15, 2006
Lisboa
I have seen conflicting info regarding overseas availability of Liiga broadcasts. One poster said that Liiga had changed broadcasters and the games were now Finland-exclusive. Another said the games were still available outside Finland on Fanseat.
As a Finn living abroad and as someone who has tried to find ways to look at games of Liiga, I am sad to tell you it does not seem possible..atleast within "legal" ways. Even the streams seem to be extremely hard to find so far..

Telia started broadcasting the Finnish hockey league and although I have heard only good things (after a few starting hiccups) from the service, it seems to be limited to only Finland. I have hard time understanding why..but thats how it seems to be..

If I am wrong, Please let me know!

PS. Regarding FANSEAT, my understanding is you might be able to see the games from Finnish 1.division (MESTIS) but not the Liiga..

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
As a Finn living abroad and as someone who has tried to find ways to look at games of Liiga, I am sad to tell you it does not seem possible..atleast within "legal" ways. Even the streams seem to be extremely hard to find so far..

Telia started broadcasting the Finnish hockey league and although I have heard only good things (after a few starting hiccups) from the service, it seems to be limited to only Finland. I have hard time understanding why..but thats how it seems to be..

If I am wrong, Please let me know!

PS. Regarding FANSEAT, my understanding is you might be able to see the games from Finnish 1.division (MESTIS) but not the Liiga..

looks like fanseat is just Mestis, which is too bad as I'd gladly pay what they charge per month to see Ligga especially since I'm used to really crappy free streams over the years and Telia's streams look sick from the clips i've seen.

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
By the way, I am asking because I am a Blue Jackets fan looking for info on how to watch CBJ prospects playing overseas.
Texier is in KalPa. Its my team, so ill help you:

You need a finnish friend who has Telia TV account. Two people can watch the streams in the same time. You might also need Finnish Proxy, maybe many free VPN has it, you can take trial of F-secure freedome for example.

The telia tv costs 10€/month if split for two. Id loan my account but Im already splitting it with my close friend.

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
TPS has terminated Brandon Gormley's contract. Man this guy is having a brutal career considering he was supposed to be a top pairing defensive stalwart in the NHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad