2018-2019 Laval Rocket Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
My guess is Audette, Waked & probably Pezzetta end up in the ECHL.

Some great signings to add scoring depth to Laval. Finally, we should have a decent team. Hopefully, what few young players we have developing down there do well.

This leads me to believe that aside from potential trades, Habs are going to take advantage of an ECHL affiliate, whoever that may be.

Wasn't there talk of an affiliate in Maine? That would be great. Brampton was such a crap team, but we also gave them no help.

Last edited by a moderator:

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
Lots of help in Laval flying in soon, should be fun for the fans, a possible Calder Cup incoming. Build a winning tradition from the ground up, the Canadiens Way right past the Forum.

ProspectsFanatic

Nov 13, 2012
Agostino(V) Froese(V) Rychel(Semi-V)
Evans Chaput(V) McCarron
Vejdemo Audette Belzile
Addison Bitten Alain
Extra: Grenier (because too many veterans), Jevpavlovs
ECHL: Waked, Verbeek, Pezzetta, Martineau, Adams-Moisan

(maybe Mete or Juulsen will be sent down too)
Ouellet(V) - Taormina(V)
Valiev - Fleury
Moravcik - Lernout
Extra: Sklenicka, Lamarche (V)
ECHL: Melancon, Culkin, Plant

Lindgren
McNiven
ECHL: Marcoux

Pretty good. Upgraded head coach too. Playoff team IMO.

Last edited:

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
My guess is Audette, Waked & probably Pezzetta end up in the ECHL.

Some great signings to add scoring depth to Laval. Finally, we should have a decent team. Hopefully, what few young players we have developing down there do well.

don't see Audette in the ECHL, Waked for sure, Pezzetta we'll have to see what kind of camp he has.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Agostino Froese Rychel
Evans Chaput McCarron
Vejdemo Audette Belzile
Addison Bitten Alain
Extra: Grenier (because too many veterans), Jevpavlovs
ECHL: Waked, Verbeek, Pezzetta, Martineau, Adams-Moisan

(maybe Mete or Juulsen will be sent down too)
Ouellet - Taormina
Valiev - Fleury
Moravcik - Lernout
Extra: Sklenicka, Lamarche
ECHL: Melancon, Culkin, Plant

Lindgren
McNiven
ECHL: Marcoux

Pretty good. Upgraded head coach too. Playoff team IMO.

Grenier over Belizle easily. I assume he counts as a vet. Grenier is good for 40 points in the A..

I doubt McCarron goes down. If he's waived I bet someone picks him up.

Rychel might not be there either.

Not a fan of Lindgren, but hopefully with a good team in front he'll play well.

ProspectsFanatic

Nov 13, 2012
Grenier over Belizle easily. I assume he counts as a vet. Grenier is good for 40 points in the A..

I doubt McCarron goes down. If he's waived I bet someone picks him up.

Rychel might not be there either.

Not a fan of Lindgren, but hopefully with a good team in front he'll play well.

Yes, Grenier is a vet, if the lineup is what I suggest there will need to be a rotation with the vets. Don't think McCarron going to claimed, but curious to know how do you expect to have room for guys like Rychel and McCarron with the Habs next season. I count a full roster + Byron injured as a 15th forward. We may even sign another NHLer in the upcoming days.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Yes, Grenier is a vet, if the lineup is what I suggest there will need to be a rotation with the vets. Don't think McCarron going to claimed, but curious to know how do you expect to have room for guys like Rychel and McCarron with the Habs next season. I count a full roster + Byron injured as a 15th forward. We may even sign another NHLer in the upcoming days.

Scherbak will need to go through waivers. And he's definitely not going unclaimed.

Reactions: Redux91

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018

A team might try with McCarron if waived.

I meant Belizle as a vet.

Might be more signings, but Montreal should be trying to get more 7th rounders. Not a stab at management just they have a bunch of redundant players that aren't worth much.

ProspectsFanatic

Nov 13, 2012

Might be more signings, but Montreal should be trying to get more 7th rounders. Not a stab at management just they have a bunch of redundant players that aren't worth much.

Belzile is not a vet. Honestly McCarron is trash, if he wasn't a 1st rounder, I don't think we would care much. At the NHL level is solely a big body.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal

Pretty sure ECHL games don't count so Belzile would not be a vet yet.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Would've loved to see some of our European prospects in Laval this season, but with the roster as-is and Bouchard in charge, where do you guys see this team? I'm considering buying a package of tickets and focusing on Laval this season.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Belzile is a very good player. He'll become a top player for Laval without a doubt.

I liked him when he was in Hamilton and thought we should have kept him around.

Would've loved to see some of our European prospects in Laval this season, but with the roster as-is and Bouchard in charge, where do you guys see this team? I'm considering buying a package of tickets and focusing on Laval this season.

They should be pretty good, we need to see how the defense shapes up though. Does Mete and or Juulsen end up there or in the NHL, what happens with the 2 Czech D's, do either stay or do they opt to return to the Czech league.

Reactions: Lshap

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
Liked Jevpalov, Grenier & Chaput in their draft yrs. so did Vancouver Canucks & San Jose in Jevpalov's case. These are very good signings for Laval, that team should play with desire & fire in their bellies this year. Montreal fans will see all the flaws if the team doesn't perform well, be assured of that. Nice to see the Rockets will have some of the best AHL prospects from the QMJHL over the last few seasons. With these players vying for roles with the Habs every game in Laval, there will be no nights off for Habs players, as it has been frequently over the last couple of yrs.(Alex Galchenyuk???)
Go Laval Rockets Go!!!...:thumbu::thumbu::thumbu:

Reactions: Stive Morgan

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto

I'm guessing A. Shaw isn't going to be ready at start of season too. Probably why we signed Peca. Either way I also can't see room on Habs roster for both McCarron and Rychel. Rychel is the one likely waived, since he's cleared waivers previously.

BTW, Montreal still has to sign both.

I don't expect anymore forwards signed. Probably one more D for NHL team & that's it.

Laval looks pretty much set. Just need to sign & add Fleury.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
The Laval roster has to be set, you don't want to clog it so much with vets that there's no minutes for the kids you actually want to develop . I want to see guys like Evans and Fleury get plenty of ice time.

Stive Morgan

Mhm. Mhm. Mhm.
Jul 25, 2011
British Columbia
Just took a gander at our AHL roster for the first time. So is Agostino basically expectedt to be our new Chris Terry?

Also what type of game does Jevpalovs play?

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Just took a gander at our AHL roster for the first time. So is Agostino basically expectedt to be our new Chris Terry?

Also what type of game does Jevpalovs play?

Pretty much. Agostino basically replaces Terry and Chaput replaces Cracknell. Two seasons ago, Agostino was the league MVP and was first in scoring with 83 points (Terry was second with 68 points playing for the IceCaps).

Don't know much about Jevpalovs. His stats in Junior are impressive, but he hasn't been lighting it up in the pro game. Hopefully being reunited with Bouchard will help. But I wouldn't bank on him, too much.

Reactions: Stive Morgan

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Belzile is not a vet. Honestly McCarron is trash, if he wasn't a 1st rounder, I don't think we would care much. At the NHL level is solely a big body.

This. I imagine McCarron loses out to Rychel. Waive McCarron and if not claimed, see if a team wants him. A team might take him for futures and send him to the A since they know he cleared and won't be a trade for, waived and claimed by someone else.

I wouldn't want Alain on the 4th.

Alain, Vejdemo and Evans to play 3rd line at the lowest.

Not sure how they will do it, but Grenier should be in the lineup. Averages 40 points a year it seems in the A.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I thought Lukas Vejdemo was also coming to play for Laval? Seems people have forgotten about him...

I haven't. Vejdemo, Evans, Bitten, Verbeek, Pezzetta, and Alain, possibly Moravcik and Sklenicka (if they don't make Habs or go back to Europe). On top of the many NHL/AHL signings meant for Laval like Chaput, Agostino, Grenier, Ouellet and Peca (if they don't crack the Habs line-up). Laval will look extremely different from Year 1.

And with all the other signings like Marcoux, Martineau, Adams-Moisan, Melancon, Plant, Lamarche, Belzile, etc, I'm expecting Habs to take full advantage of the ECHL affiliate. It would be so much more easy when eventual call ups and injuries occur to replace in Laval as opposed to rushing for a bunch of ATO/PTO contracts.

Reactions: schnapshot
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino