2018-2019 Laval Rocket Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
We currently have 16 forwards under contract once Danault and Armia sign their new deal. If you also keep McCarron in MTL that make 17 forwards.
Even whitout Byron(should be back near the start of the season) and Shaw, we end up with 15 forwards. At least 1 will be cut or maybe even 2 players.

My guess Froese + McCarron/Peca.

Byron (IR)
Shaw (IR)
Plekanec
Peca
Lehkonen
Gallagher
Pacioretty
Drouin
Domi
DLR
Deslauriers
Hudon
Scherbak
Danault
Armia
Froese
McCarron
Rychel

Am I missing anybody? Rychel probably goes down after camp with one of Froese/McCarron. The other one goes down when Byron comes back. When Shaw comes back, we probably trade someone.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Byron (IR)
Shaw (IR)
Plekanec
Peca
Lehkonen
Gallagher
Pacioretty
Drouin
Domi
DLR
Deslauriers
Hudon
Scherbak
Danault
Armia
Froese
McCarron
Rychel

Am I missing anybody? Rychel probably goes down after camp with one of Froese/McCarron. The other one goes down when Byron comes back. When Shaw comes back, we probably trade someone.

So 16 if Byron and Shaw aren't ready to go, so 2 players go down and then 2 more when Bryon/Shaw come back or traded. Or Pac gets traded before the season starts.

Would think Rychel and Froese are sent down unless CJ has a hard on for some bland Froese. I don't think they will cut McCarron unless he's terrible.

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
Byron (IR)
Shaw (IR)
Plekanec
Peca
Lehkonen
Gallagher
Pacioretty
Drouin
Domi
DLR
Deslauriers
Hudon
Scherbak
Danault
Armia
Froese
McCarron
Rychel

You have it right, since you listed the AHL team whitout both Froese or McCarron I figured you were keeping 15 forwards witch seem too much.

IMO Froese will be in Laval to start the season 100% chance and McCarron will follow as well if Bergevin decide to keep 8 defenceman + 13 forwards.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
You have it right, since you listed the AHL team whitout both Froese or McCarron I figured you were keeping 15 forwards witch seem too much.

IMO Froese will be in Laval to start the season 100% chance and McCarron will follow as well if Bergevin decide to keep 8 defenceman + 13 forwards.

I think I forgot a forward when doing my list.

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
Even though I live 2 km from the Bell Centre, I will most likely go watch more games in Laval than in Montréal this year.

It's not a crazy good lineup, but enough to make the playoff and I'll gladly watch Fleury, McNiven, Lindgren, Vejdemo, Bitten and Evans play. They are intriguing prospects. So are Addison and the Czech dman.

I think McCarron either start the year in Montréal or is lost to waivers/traded. I believe Valiev start the year in Montréal now with Weber out. So I'd ajust a few things from your lineup :

Kenny Agostino - Byron Froese - Kerby Rychel
Michael Chaput - Daniel Audette - Alexandre Grenier
Jeremiah Addison - Alex Belzile - Alexandre Alain
Lukas Vejdemo - Jack Evans - William Bitten

Xavier Ouellet - Matt Taormina
Michal Moravcik - Brett Lernout
David Sklenicka - Cal Fleury
That seems like a very decent AHL team, but I don’t think, other than Ouellet, that there’s 1 single player who has a shot at a long NHL career.

Agalloch

EliteProspects
Sep 18, 2002
Lachute, QC
Visit site

Agree. I think Froese and Rychel begin in Laval.

Montreal:

Domi-Drouin-Gallagher
Pacioretty-Danault-Scherbak
Lehkonen-Plekanec-Armia
Hudon-Peca-McCarron
Deslauriers, De la Rose

IR: Shaw, Byron

Reilly-Petry
Alzner-Juulsen
Mete-Lernout
Schlemko/Benn

IR: Weber

Price
Niemi

Laval:

Rychel-Froese-Grenier
Agostino-Chaput-Bitten
Audette-Evans-Belzile
Addison-Vejdemo-Alain
Pezzetta, Waked

Taormina-Fleury
Ouellet-Melancon
Valiev-Plant
Sklenicka, Moravcik

Lindgren
McNiven

ECHL: Verbeek, Adams-Moisan, Culkin, Jevpalovs, Lamarche, Marcoux, Martineau

Last edited:

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

Laval's first game of the season is on October 6th against Providence Bruins (Galipeau) in Providence.

Their first home game is on October 12th against Binghamton Devils.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Agree. I think Froese and Rychel begin in Laval.

Montreal:

Domi-Drouin-Gallagher
Pacioretty-Danault-Scherbak
Lehkonen-Plekanec-Armia
Hudon-Peca-McCarron
Deslauriers, De la Rose

IR: Shaw, Byron

Reilly-Petry
Alzner-Juulsen
Mete-Lernout
Schlemko/Benn

you got 1 too many. Plus with Julien I would think Scherbak plays with Pleks. DLR Pleks Scherbak wouldn't shock me in the least but imo they got to make a trade, too many wingers.

For Laval, Agostino has to be on the top line as I got to think he's going to be their best player. Agostino Froese could make a nice duo.

Agalloch

EliteProspects
Sep 18, 2002
Lachute, QC
Visit site
you got 1 too many. Plus with Julien I would think Scherbak plays with Pleks. DLR Pleks Scherbak wouldn't shock me in the least but imo they got to make a trade, too many wingers.

For Laval, Agostino has to be on the top line as I got to think he's going to be their best player. Agostino Froese could make a nice duo.

IMO Schlemko or Benn will be traded in camp or this summer.

Pacioretty is obviously being traded at one point for a center or picks and prospects.

Agostino could very well play on the first line, Laval will be a lot better next year.

Last edited:

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Full 2018-19 schedule is out:

Dh2K3vfX4AIA8F8.jpg:large

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Last year, the renewal of the affiliation with the Brampton Beast was announced in September. So I wouldn't be surprised if they renew it again for next season.

With the amount of players the Canadiens/Rocket signed to AHL contracts, plus the prospects coming in like Evans, Vejdemo, Bitten, Verbeek, Alain, Pezzetta, and possibly Fleury, as well as the players already there like Taormina, Lernout, and Audette.

There is no way the Habs won't go into next season without an ECHL affiliation.

Also something I've noticed is that Brampton's official website and their official Twitter account still refer to themselves as "Proud affiliates" of the Canadiens and Rocket. Meanwhile, all other affiliation changes/expired have already been updated on their websites.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
if not the beast, I believe there are still a few teams without an NHL team.

According to ECHL's official website, there are four teams without an affiliate:

- Fort Wayne Komets: Previously of Arizona/Tucson, who are now affiliated with Norfolk Admirals.
- Greenville Swamp Rabbits: Previously of New York Rangers/Hartford, who are now affiliated with Maine Mariners.
- Orlando Solar Bears: Previously or Leafs/Marlies, who are now affiliated with Newfoundland Growlers.
- Rapid City Rush: Previously of Minnesota/Iowa, who are now not affiliated with anyone.

Also, NHL teams without an ECHL affiliate right now, excluding Montreal, who we don't know if they will renew with Brampton or not.

- Ottawa Senators (used Brampton quite a bit last season, even though they don't have an affiliate).
- Minnesota Wild (who were affiliated with Rapid City as mentioned above).
- Nashville Predators (who broke their affiliation with Norfolk Admirals in the middle of the season last year).
- Florida Panthers
- Anaheim Ducks
- Tampa Bay Lightning
- Columbus Blue Jackets
- Vegas Golden Knights

Reactions: montreal

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
According to ECHL's official website, there are four teams without an affiliate:

- Fort Wayne Komets: Previously of Arizona/Tucson, who are now affiliated with Norfolk Admirals.
- Greenville Swamp Rabbits: Previously of New York Rangers/Hartford, who are now affiliated with Maine Mariners.
- Orlando Solar Bears: Previously or Leafs/Marlies, who are now affiliated with Newfoundland Growlers.
- Rapid City Rush: Previously of Minnesota/Iowa, who are now not affiliated with anyone.

Also, NHL teams without an ECHL affiliate right now, excluding Montreal, who we don't know if they will renew with Brampton or not.

- Ottawa Senators (used Brampton quite a bit last season, even though they don't have an affiliate).
- Minnesota Wild (who were affiliated with Rapid City as mentioned above).
- Nashville Predators (who broke their affiliation with Norfolk Admirals in the middle of the season last year).
- Florida Panthers
- Anaheim Ducks
- Tampa Bay Lightning
- Columbus Blue Jackets
- Vegas Golden Knights

Sounds like Fort Wayne has affiliated with Vegas, and I would assume that the sens take over in Brampton. Could be like Laval where we use a stop gap until a local ECHL team that the Habs are looking at is ready if that rumor is true.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I don't know why they wouldn't keep Brampton, it's some much closer than any of the other teams remaining, and there is no delay for a US work permit the first time they are assigned there.

I agree. It would make call ups to Laval much easier.

Last year, Habs announced they renewed their affiliation with Brampton in September. And right now, everything official of the Beast is still considering them as an affiliate of the Canadiens.

But ultimately, if it becomes reality that they affiliate themselves with Trois-Rivieres in a few years, it would be very exciting. Proximity being one thing, but also further establishing the Habs' roots in Quebec. Until the eventual return of the Nordiques (that I think will happen down the road), the Habs are the only NHL team in Quebec. They brought their AHL team to Laval, making them the only AHL team in Quebec. And it would be awesome if they have Trois-Rivieres be their ECHL affiliate, making them the only ECHL team in Quebec.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Sounds like Fort Wayne has affiliated with Vegas, and I would assume that the sens take over in Brampton. Could be like Laval where we use a stop gap until a local ECHL team that the Habs are looking at is ready if that rumor is true.

Do you remember where you saw that Fort Wayne will affiliate itself with Vegas? I know one connection they have to Vegas is that Gallant was an assistant coach for the Fort Wayne Komets in 1998-99, when they were part of the IHL.

I've searched online and have yet to find any rumors/reports of Fort Wayne and Vegas.

Last year, Vegas had entered a multi-year ECHL affiliation with the Quad City Mallards, but that team has ceased operations after this past season.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
For those who followed Bouchard in the Q, what are his tactics like ? I saw a few games, especially in the playoffs, but I didn't want to assume too much from what I saw.

I despised Lefebvre and Therrien. That's one thing I wanted to see change so much. Like, they'd go for the stretch pass, attack in straight lines and dump the puck even when the chances weren't 50-50 or the supporting player was too low behind. So backwards and frustrating (not that were that much better with Julien).

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
For those who followed Bouchard in the Q, what are his tactics like ? I saw a few games, especially in the playoffs, but I didn't want to assume too much from what I saw.

I despised Lefebvre and Therrien. That's one thing I wanted to see change so much. Like, they'd go for the stretch pass, attack in straight lines and dump the puck even when the chances weren't 50-50 or the supporting player was too low behind. So backwards and frustrating (not that were that much better with Julien).
I think he adapts his tactics to the sort of players he has on the team. Although it's not an absolute indication of his coaching I suggest looking at the Junior national team the last two years. He was the GM with Ducharme the coach. He obviously had a big hand in hammering out an identity for both those teams and it was evident that Bouchard and Ducharme were on the same page when it came to tactics.

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
Agostino - Chaput - Grenier
Rychel - Evans - Froese
Jevpalov - Audette - Bitten
Verbeek - Vejdemo - Alain
Waked - Pezzetta -Addison

Ouellet - Taormina
Moravcik - Lernout
Valyev - Lamarche
Culkin

Europe: Sklenicka
ECHL: Melancon - Plant

Lindgren
McNiven

I like it.

EDIT: Jevpalov

EDIT 2: Culkin, Lamarche

I would point out that most have undervalued the significance of Etienne Marcoux(Goalie), I for one will not and expect him to excel for Laval at some point!!!,,,:devdance::devdance::devdance:McCarron is another whose desire/abilities have gone unnoticed here, as a PWF/team leader he will bring a force necessary in their playoff drive this season. Rychel, Grenier, McCarron & Lernout will be such forces for Bouchard's team in Laval, alongside the diminutive Marcoux in goal sharing the spotlight with Lindgren, IMHO!!!...:thumbu::thumbu::thumbu::thumbu::thumbu::thumbu:

Last edited:

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
Victoriaville is a great choice for an ECHL team, one where Habs prospects can practice their stickhandling/skating issues.:thumbu::thumbu::thumbu:
Why? This was where Jean Beliveau played shinny as a youth learning the importance of great stickhandling, keeping the puck away from others & setting up teammates, a talent that few have accomplished as Big Jean did. Wayne Gretzky and Mario Lemieux come to mind, Lemieux's stature/bearing of course was most like that of Beliveau, IMHO!!!...:nod::nod::nod: Perhaps the Habs can talk Guy Lafleur, Gilbert Perreault, Yvan Cournoyer & Marcel Dionne into imparting their skills to our prospects, just a thought amongst many over the decades, particularly the last 25 yrs.

One has to wonder how the career of Sidney Crosby has been effected, with having a close mentor like Mario Lemieux to impart his memories/incentives during hard fought playoff series???:cool::cool::cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad