2018-2019 General Lightning Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
Would be nice to get Yanni going again. I wouldn’t mind flipping he and TJ for a different look.

I would be tread carefully, because Stammer is finally playing great, but Gourde has shown he can play well with both Point and Cirelli. I would put Miller with Stammer and Gourde with Cirelli personally.

Lightning1995

May 16, 2016
I would be tread carefully, because Stammer is finally playing great, but Gourde has shown he can play well with both Point and Cirelli. I would put Miller with Stammer and Gourde with Cirelli personally.
I kinda like that idea. I’m just not sure how well Gourde and Stammers game mesh.

Reactions: Rschmitz

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
A lot of undercutting going on in the main boards lately. I think it's time that we embrace the villain status. We need petty avatars for the playoffs this year.
I mean - that topic on us being the best cap team on paper is f***ing annoying - it's asking for hot takes.

But yeah - how can you not enjoy being a heel on the main boards?

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
A lot of undercutting going on in the main boards lately. I think it's time that we embrace the villain status. We need petty avatars for the playoffs this year.

Well yeah, this team does need to win soon or that labels going to stay. Talented roster means nothing if you can't get it done.

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
OH HELL THE f*** YES, I'M SO ON BOARD :naughty:

edit. I've already made my new avatar.

mT55EKV.jpg

Last edited:

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB

They don't have anything more than we've in our roster.
But they've Babcock...
I'm a little bit worried only by that coach.

8 points ahead of #2 in the league. It's easy for Babcock to say that.

I think, on paper, we are the best team. But you need a lot of luck in the playoffs, and you need unlikely heroes. We've often had either one or the other, but we have a history of disappearing in times where everything's on the line in a single game.

I think the thing that has my hopes up right now, about this year, is the way Stamkos is playing. If he's a real contributor in the playoffs, that gives us a weapon we've only "sort of" had in the past.

Reactions: Fabiobest

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
Considering how shitty our scouting staff was leading up to 2009, not a shocker that they'd even come close to messing that up.

For the record, I would have slotted Bogo over Duchene at the time, passing on DD at the time though would have been a monumental blunder.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Considering how ****ty our scouting staff was leading up to 2009, not a shocker that they'd even come close to messing that up.

For the record, I would have slotted Bogo over Duchene at the time, passing on DD at the time though would have been a monumental blunder.
Bogo was 08, Duchene was 09.

Lightning1995

May 16, 2016
And Point
Definitely, but I don’t know what else Coop can do their since he’s got Kuch. Maybe go back to Guorde Point TJ and pair Kuch with Stammer again?

Of course the team is winning and when Coop tried juggling the lines last night it was a disaster.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Definitely, but I don’t know what else Coop can do their since he’s got Kuch. Maybe go back to Guorde Point TJ and pair Kuch with Stammer again?

Of course the team is winning and when Coop tried juggling the lines last night it was a disaster.
Yeah I’ll say leave lines as is for now. Point was expected to come down to earth at some .. point. He’ll turn it around!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad