2018-2019 General Lightning Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Huh? That's super odd. I'm probably reading too much into it but that feels pretty promising

I know Im asking for too much but would be awesome if we name SY as president where he could come and go as he pleased but when we needed him for "the stare" we just give him a call lol.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Huh? That's super odd. I'm probably reading too much into it but that feels pretty promising

He's still employed by the Lightning.... this is not surprising at all, he still has a job to do he's just not handling the daily duties and workload of a GM.

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
I know I should stop reading other teams boards but I just couldn't help myself.

iXbKR0x.png

5IcUlJy.png

Just a couple of highlights. :laugh:

Ok one more. I'll stop now.

v22fVuu.png

Reactions: JDBolt

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Oh I know, it just makes me laugh is all.

Me too. I also am guilty of reading the opponents board. Especially after a win :popcorn:

The best was last year after we beat the Bruins in the regular season late last year. Every one of them was like I cant wait to play this team in the playoffs. Basically it was this game means nothing but the rest of the games from this season did. lol.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Me too. I also am guilty of reading the opponents board. Especially after a win :popcorn:

The best was last year after we beat the Bruins in the regular season late last year. Every one of them was like I cant wait to play this team in the playoffs. Basically it was this game means nothing but the rest of the games from this season did. lol.
Nothing tops the Devils.

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
He's still employed by the Lightning.... this is not surprising at all, he still has a job to do he's just not handling the daily duties and workload of a GM.

It is surprising. The press conference led us to believe that he'd be advising remotely from Michigan. Unless I misinterpreted it.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
It is surprising. The press conference led us to believe that he'd be advising remotely from Michigan. Unless I misinterpreted it.

To me that's like working remote, you can only do so much when you're not present. Besides he's home full time, flying out to a game at most takes him away from home 1 or 2 days, as opposed to before being on the road full time and being home only for 1 - 2 days at a time.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
We are really, really flattening out the minutes this year. More than ever. No forward is even close to 20 minutes per game (Kuch at 18:25, vs. 19:49 last year). The proof that it's a conscious effort to keep everyone's workload down is in Point being removed from the PK, despite being arguably our best PKer. Just about everybody's down 1-2 minutes per game from last year, minus the guy's who've earned a bigger role (e.g. Gourde).

On D, the difference is even bigger, at least at the top. Hedman's averaging nearly 3:30 less than last year, and he's leading the way. McDonagh's still under 22 per night.

Reactions: TeslaCoilFan

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
We are really, really flattening out the minutes this year. More than ever. No forward is even close to 20 minutes per game (Kuch at 18:25, vs. 19:49 last year). The proof that it's a conscious effort to keep everyone's workload down is in Point being removed from the PK, despite being arguably our best PKer. Just about everybody's down 1-2 minutes per game from last year, minus the guy's who've earned a bigger role (e.g. Gourde).

On D, the difference is even bigger, at least at the top. Hedman's averaging nearly 3:30 less than last year, and he's leading the way. McDonagh's still under 22 per night.

Silver lining of Vasy breaking his foot, a refreshed Big Cat can put up performances like Thursday.

LonLon Lei

Feb 27, 2018

IIRC Millsy was voted for the worst dressed from his former teammates. Along with Killer, he may be one of the easiest to tease (though as for Millsy, being younger could have been part of the reason why he got that treatment.)

Reactions: TeslaCoilFan

Lightning1995

May 16, 2016
Would be nice to get Yanni going again. I wouldn’t mind flipping he and TJ for a different look.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad