2018-2019 CHL/NCAA/Euro Prospects Thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Twice in the series Hillis took the pre-game warmup and was scheduled to play but they changed their minds last minute.

With the way the series was going, Guelph kept winning, they opted to remain conservative on Hillis. Understandable and smart. It would have been unnecessary to risk being hurt again in a series they were in the process of sweeping.

They're up against London in the second round. I would venture he will be in the line-up for Game 1.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
So Tyszka to join Laval too?

With the way they've been putting prospects under contract, you have to think so.

They even signed Sam Houde to an ATO to play with Laval. In Tyszka's case, his rights expire on June 1st, so whether he joins Laval or not, he needs to be signed.

Seattle was eliminated on Saturday night. I would expect an announcement maybe today or tomorrow.

Reactions: Agalloch

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I know. But he has some good points. At the same time. Harris and Romanov aren't coming in the organisation next season so why not try Tyszka ?

I don't take much of what Grant says all too seriously. I believe Tyszka will be signed. The Habs are committed to 32 contracts next year. We know the Lehkonens, Armias, Kulaks, and a number of others will be signed, as well. But with 18 contract spots still available, I'm sure there is room for Tyszka and Walford.

Reactions: Carl182

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
I don't take much of what Grant says all too seriously. I believe Tyszka will be signed. The Habs are committed to 32 contracts next year. We know the Lehkonens, Armias, Kulaks, and a number of others will be signed, as well. But with 18 contract spots still available, I'm sure there is room for Tyszka and Walford.
It would be frustrating for many reasons. Our depth on the left side is thin and we have given contracts to the likes of Verbeek and Waked (plus Pezzetta) that definitely had less pro potential and at best were 4th liners IMO. I find it's stupid that we have been relatively lucky in terms of getting out of contracts (Addison & Moravcik, yet we might not give contracts to players who deserve it).

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013
Tyszka had 30 points in 40 games

The concussion part yes but offensively he is just fine

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
we'll find out soon enough what the organization thinks of Tyszka and Walford. I would be disappointed if they don't sign Tyszka as we need LD's and there's little risk to give him a shot. I think he will be signed but Grant knows Timmins well so hopefully it's not coming from what he's heard.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
I would sign Walford over Tyszka personally, I think there is more potential in Walford...

canadiensnation

Jun 11, 2011
GTA
I know. But he has some good points. At the same time. Harris and Romanov aren't coming in the organisation next season so why not try Tyszka ?
Agreed and I don't see a reason why they would keep Lernout around if he hasn't progressed enough. Also guys like Waked and Pezzetta are borderline AHLers who are signed to NHL deals. Tyszka and etc.. provide more upside.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
The play by play guy for Kamloops was saying during the game, that Walford isn't signed yet and I don't know why they haven't signed him already.

With the need for LD's I don't know why they wouldn't sign both since we appear to have the room but who knows what other things they have in mind. Perhaps Walford can be what they failed to get out of Lernout, both 3rd round picks out of the WHL. While Lernout has the physical game, both are big, good skating/mobility, low offense guys in the WHL. Lernout wasn't that good in his own end as Walford either. So I don't know why they wouldn't sign him since they signed a lesser guy in Lernout.

Tyszka with his concussions I could see the concern there, I mean to miss that much time from a concussion this year was very troubling. Plus his defensive game needs a lot of work but I like his offensive upside. Only saw him once this year and he didn't really stand out that much or look any different then last year where I liked him a good bit. He's got the size, skating, mobility, to go with some solid offensive instincts but he's got to get better in his own end.

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
With Poehling and Primeau being signed, along with Brook and Fleury already signed last year, that means there are only three players from the Canadiens 2017 draft class not signed yet. There's a pretty decent chance that they will sign Tyszka, Walford and Ikonen (if he can stay healthy). Pretty impressive draft class.

Reactions: jaffy27

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
I think it's a pretty safe bet that Walford will get his ELC, he's just not very high on the priority list at this moment. Tyszka I don't think so anymore, he's got some potential but I just haven't seen the development curve I like to see in my prospects. Plus, he's missed a lot of time in his 4 junior years and it's starting to be a concern.

Last edited:
Reactions: jaffy27

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
I think it's a pretty safe bet that Walford will get his ELC, he's just not very high on the priority list at this moment. Tyszka I don't think so anymore, he's got some potential but I just haven't seen the development curve I like to see in my prospects Plus, he's missed a lot of time in his 4 junior years and it's starting to be a concern.
Maybe the team don't like the fact that he is reckless with his decisions too (he got into a few scraps coming back from his concussion). At the end of the day, none of the players we have decided to not sign since Bergevin has been GM has bitten us in the ass so I guess I'll trust our amateur scouting in that regard...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig