2018-2019 CHL/NCAA/Euro Prospects Thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Agalloch

EliteProspects
Sep 18, 2002
Lachute, QC
Visit site
Maybe the team don't like the fact that he is reckless with his decisions too (he got into a few scraps coming back from his concussion). At the end of the day, none of the players we have decided to not sign since Bergevin has been GM has bitten us in the ass so I guess I'll trust our amateur scouting in that regard...

We signed Dalton Thrower to a contract and he was done because of injuries....

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
Yes, but I meant Tyszka should be signed, it's a no brainer...
People felt the same about Bradley too. I don't necessarily disagree with you but at least our staff has done a good job in deciding who NOT to sign. (Although the undrafted players they have signed are pretty lackluster for the most part...). It's a downfall to having so many picks I guess, not everyone will get signed due to the contract spots limit.

Reactions: Agalloch

Agalloch

EliteProspects
Sep 18, 2002
Lachute, QC
Visit site
People felt the same about Bradley too. I don't necessarily disagree with you but at least our staff has done a good job in deciding who NOT to sign. (Although the undrafted players they have signed are pretty lackluster for the most part...). It's a downfall to having so many picks I guess, not everyone will get signed due to the contract spots limit.

There's a limit of rookie d-men you want on the team. Maybe that's the reason Tyszka wouldn't be signed but I would try him with a ATO at least.

Walford, Fleury and Brook are 20 years old d-men, That's half of next year's d-squad.

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
There's a limit of rookie d-men you want on the team. Maybe that's the reason Tyszka wouldn't be signed but I would try him with a ATO at least.

Walford, Fleury and Brook are 20 years old d-men, That's half of next year's d-squad.
ECHL is an option that the team has been neglecting ever since Gainey left the management I find. The last time we used the league to our advantage was for Morgan Ellis and it took a LONG time until the team sent him there. Personally, I would send whoever loses out the final spot on the AHL squad to the ECHL between Walford and Tyzska.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
ECHL is an option that the team has been neglecting ever since Gainey left the management I find. The last time we used the league to our advantage was for Morgan Ellis and it took a LONG time until the team sent him there. Personally, I would send whoever loses out the final spot on the AHL squad to the ECHL between Walford and Tyzska.

Despite not having an official affiliate this year, they used the ECHL a lot this year. They sent their players to different teams, but they had players in the ECHL all season long.

Melancon: Norfolk
Martineau : Fort Wayne
Marcoux: Brampton
Maine Mariners: Culkin, Adams-Moisan, Verbeek, Pezzetta, and Waked.

I really believe that Trois-Rivières will be Habs ECHL team in a year and a half. And they will use it a lot more than they did the last few years.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
He played really well last night considering London dominated puck possession and the bulk of the play. Guelph was rather lucky that it was a one goal game right to the end.

Oh awesome, you saw the game?

Every time I got to watch Hillis this year, he should have ended with 2-3 pts but came away with 0s. I think if he's healthy next year it's gonna break a big way for him.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016

Every time I got to watch Hillis this year, he should have ended with 2-3 pts but came away with 0s. I think if he's healthy next year it's gonna break a big way for him.
Regardless hes gonna have to produce. Otherwise hes a nothing prospect

WeThreeKings

Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Regardless hes gonna have to produce. Otherwise hes a nothing prospect

He produced in his draft year and we saw the slow starts that Fonstad/McShane got off to this year, before bringing it back, Hillis was in the process of doing that before getting injured (twice).

Kind of harsh to say he would be a nothing prospect based on that. It's nice to have him back this year and we can revisit if the production isn't there next year, but it will be, I'm confident in that. Kid is too smart and too good.

Mike Mike Caron

Aug 29, 2010
I wonder why people are so nice to Cam Hillis but hate Sam Houde so much, there must be a reason ... But I just can't put my finger on it.

WeThreeKings

Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I wonder why people are so nice to Cam Hillis but hate Sam Houde so much, there must be a reason ... But I just can't put my finger on it.

Because Cam Hillis is a much better prospect?

That's why he was -
Drafted first.
Played for Team Canada in the U-18s.
Scored more in his draft year than Houde has (almost) in his entire QMJHL career.

If you're looking for something more, than that's on you man. I'm literally one of the only people left on the board who wants us to keep Hudon and give him an actual fair shot lmao.

Last edited:

WeThreeKings

Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Hope he does well. I just never got the pick and this year hasn't really changed my mind.

Last edited by a moderator:

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

Do not start that stuff here. This is a thread to discuss prospects. I know some have reasons not to like certain players but this is not the place to discuss that.

I watched Houde several times and was very disappointed in his play. It has nothing to do with anything but his play. I would have drafted other guys on his own team over him as I don't like players that don't move their feet enough. McShane is the same and while I'm not high on him, I like him a lot more then Houde as he has a heck of a shot whereas Houde was very inconsistent.

Hillis I do like a good bit because of his passing game, he's small but man can he dish the puck. Plus he plays hard, I really liked Reway a ton but was very worried due to his efforts and while I don't think Hillis is as good of a playmaker he's not far behind while not having the defensive and effort issues.

canadiensnation

Jun 11, 2011
GTA

Yep.

I'm expecting a big year from him next year as he'll likely be one of the leaders and top players on Guelph. Depending on what Guelph does he may be traded by the New Year. I had him firmly in my top 10 habs prospects rankings pre-season.

Do not start that stuff here. This is a thread to discuss prospects. I know some have reasons not to like certain players but this is not the place to discuss that.

I watched Houde several times and was very disappointed in his play. It has nothing to do with anything but his play. I would have drafted other guys on his own team over him as I don't like players that don't move their feet enough. McShane is the same and while I'm not high on him, I like him a lot more then Houde as he has a heck of a shot whereas Houde was very inconsistent.

Hillis I do like a good bit because of his passing game, he's small but man can he dish the puck. Plus he plays hard, I really liked Reway a ton but was very worried due to his efforts and while I don't think Hillis is as good of a playmaker he's not far behind while not having the defensive and effort issues.

I still think Hillis' game translates better to the NHL then McShane, Fonstad, and Houde. He's a guy that can play up and down your lineup and provide adequate production whereas Fonstad and McShane will need to be in your top six to be effective.

WeThreeKings

Sep 19, 2006
Halifax

That's what I love about Hillis' game too, he also has some very nice hands (to use your comparable, they aren't in the same league as Reway's were but I'd say they are comparable to a guy like Tatar on the Habs).

When I was scouting Hillis in his draft year, there's always a play, at least once a shift, where he just made a very nice pass. Whether it was through the seam or just seeing a player that nobody would think was open and getting it to them. He may very well be one of those players who produce -more- the higher level they play just because of the ability of others to read/adapt/react to the play.

I'm just hoping these injuries this year weren't too much of a set back.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
He produced in his draft year and we saw the slow starts that Fonstad/McShane got off to this year, before bringing it back, Hillis was in the process of doing that before getting injured (twice).

Kind of harsh to say he would be a nothing prospect based on that. It's nice to have him back this year and we can revisit if the production isn't there next year, but it will be, I'm confident in that. Kid is too smart and too good.
Well if he goes through another season like this one then I would write him off

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
That's what I love about Hillis' game too, he also has some very nice hands (to use your comparable, they aren't in the same league as Reway's were but I'd say they are comparable to a guy like Tatar on the Habs).

When I was scouting Hillis in his draft year, there's always a play, at least once a shift, where he just made a very nice pass. Whether it was through the seam or just seeing a player that nobody would think was open and getting it to them. He may very well be one of those players who produce -more- the higher level they play just because of the ability of others to read/adapt/react to the play.

I'm just hoping these injuries this year weren't too much of a set back.

did the skating improve? Didn't he use Underhill last year? Or is he supposed to this offseason? Can't remember. Would suck if he got the best of the best and still didn't improve much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad