2018-2019 Around the league thread #5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azrael89

Feb 13, 2017
Flames and Bolts seem to have hard time to find motivation for regular season after what happened to them last year.
I think Tampa Bay should have fired Cooper after being swept. Something needs to change after a series like that.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I saw Hrudey say that live. What I thought at the time was that Kerfoot's been in the league for 2-3 seasons and was already an overager, he doesn't have much more room to grow in terms of defensive instincts. He's also small and soft.

For sure. Saying "I don't think anyone has ever taught him how to play defense" is also kinda disrespectful to a guy like Bednar, who focuses heavily on defense and actually benches/scratches players if they don't play how he wants.

Reactions: Avsboy

Boulder Avalanche

Pull the Goalie
Apr 9, 2013
Firing Cooper if you are the Lightning does little to help issues last offseason. There is no guarantee you find someone better and if the issue is a locker room culture one (which is my opinion is on why they got swept) a coaching change is only part of the solution. The seat got a little hotter for Cooper tonight and if the Bolts continue to be meddling then I think he is gone as a message sometime before January.

Last edited:
Reactions: SaltySkywalker

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Jeez Gio, you've got razor blades on your feet. Take it easy. His left foot landed inches away from Doughty's neck.

Reactions: S E P H

Gatorbait19

Apr 2, 2019
Through 8 games the mini-Wild are 11 points back on us.

Through 10 games the stars are 10 points back on us with 2 more games played.

Insert Now comes the part where we throw our heads back and laugh gif

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
Through 8 games the mini-Wild are 11 points back on us.

Through 10 games the stars are 10 points back on us with 2 more games played.

Insert Now comes the part where we throw our heads back and laugh gif

The one that gets me is Winnipeg. We're 5 points up on #2 in the division and we still have two games in hand. Avs are really putting themselves is a good position early on in the season.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
I wouldn't get ahead of myself. While a team like Dallas will have a tough time winning their way in, we have to remember that losing in a row is much easier than winning in a row.

Reactions: GoNordiquesGo

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
“This team is screwed for the foreseeable future”

“I’d rather be Ottawa”

NHL radio on the wild. I concur.

And that's not close. Like, not even in the same universe. Ottawa suck now but they have a lot of talent coming up. Wild have a bunch of overpaid vets on eternal contracts.

Last edited:

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
IMO with their upcoming 2020 1st rounder Ottawa will have enough talent to become one of the best team in the NHL 3 years from now. If they can land a top 3 pick next summer watch out.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
The Wild are a cautionary tale of a meddling owner that chooses his BFF player over management. The mandate to win has kept them from a proper tear down and rebuild.

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Carlson's number of points is reaching WTF level.

aTLMH25.png

Reactions: Treebeard

Merrrlin

Grab the 9 iron, Barry!
Jul 2, 2019
Leaf fans turning on Barrie a bit.

His contract will be very interesting. I keep hearing 8-9 but if he only notches 55-60 pts this year, that's crazy risky.

I think he deserves around 6.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad