2018-2019 Around the league thread #3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Bobby Ryan is either crazy, incredibly stupid, or both. A guy who's on the verge of ruining his career due to repeated hand injuries goes and gets into a fight!?!?
To be fair he'd probably rather collect his full paycheck on IR at this point.

Reactions: Pokecheque

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Interesting bit on NHL Radio yesterday. They did their "Discussion Room" in the afternoon and one guy said one thing that really fractured the locker room in STL was when they pinned the C on Pietrangelo. A lot of players thought Steen should've gotten it.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Interesting bit on NHL Radio yesterday. They did their "Discussion Room" in the afternoon and one guy said one thing that really fractured the locker room in STL was when they pinned the C on Pietrangelo. A lot of players thought Steen should've gotten it.

That’s weird. Petro seems like a good candidate for the C imo. Obviously I’m not in the room so what do I know.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Steen is one of the most universally liked players in the NHL, wouldn't shock me.

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
First game of the Scott Gordon era (oh and uh, Carter Hart too) in Philly against Tats Bernier and the Red Wings.

One thing I'll kinda miss about Hakstol is that I don't think I ever saw a team able to set picks like his guys did in the attacking zone and make it look totally accidental. Kinda brilliant in a Machiavellian sort of way.

Speaking of the Flyboys, I realize that, like Tyson Jost, he's ridiculously young, it's only his 2nd year in the NHL, so no need for panic but...are people getting kinda concerned about Nolan Patrick?

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
The Preds are using the limpest forecheck against the Hawks, just clogging up the neutral zone. Night and day from the way they play against us.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

Piestany88

Sep 29, 2017
First game of the Scott Gordon era (oh and uh, Carter Hart too) in Philly against Tats Bernier and the Red Wings.

One thing I'll kinda miss about Hakstol is that I don't think I ever saw a team able to set picks like his guys did in the attacking zone and make it look totally accidental. Kinda brilliant in a Machiavellian sort of way.

Speaking of the Flyboys, I realize that, like Tyson Jost, he's ridiculously young, it's only his 2nd year in the NHL, so no need for panic but...are people getting kinda concerned about Nolan Patrick?
Bust , never liked his game

NOTENOUGHJTCGOALS

Feb 28, 2006
The Preds are using the limpest forecheck against the Hawks, just clogging up the neutral zone. Night and day from the way they play against us.

They're still a good team. Much better than the Avs. But they seem much more beatable this year.

Maybe its all the talent they bled away for the right to pay Johansen and Turris 14M to be their top 2 centres.

Some of those sweet deals on the blueline are ending soon.

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
I often read the Blues board, and I believe they have mentioned that the locker room is split with Pietrangelo vs Steen. One of their local writers started talking about this a long time ago.

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
The parity in the league at the moment is unbelievable. We are just not seeing as much separation as in the past.

I am not sure I like it as I like to see some dominant teams. This is Bettman's vision coming to fruition, however, for better or worse.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
Pretty good night for us overall outside of the Stars winning. Preds and Jets both lost what should have been easy games in regulation, Wild lost in regulation as well. As frustrating as the Avs have been this last few weeks the Central doesn't seem as cut-throat as it was the last few seasons and the window is still wide open for the Avs to compete for those top three Central spots.

And in the Ottawa watch Florida, St Louis, Philidelphia, and LA all won last night.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012

The writing was on the wall from the very second of that pick. He's still gonna be a good player... he won't live up to #2 hype.

Reactions: Pokecheque

Piestany88

Sep 29, 2017
Pretty good night for us overall outside of the Stars winning. Preds and Jets both lost what should have been easy games in regulation, Wild lost in regulation as well. As frustrating as the Avs have been this last few weeks the Central doesn't seem as cut-throat as it was the last few seasons and the window is still wide open for the Avs to compete for those top three Central spots.

And in the Ottawa watch Florida, St Louis, Philidelphia, and LA all won last night.
:thumbu:

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
The parity in the league at the moment is unbelievable. We are just not seeing as much separation as in the past.

I am not sure I like it as I like to see some dominant teams. This is Bettman's vision coming to fruition, however, for better or worse.

I think part of that is that there is no team in the league this year flat-out tanking it. The only teams who have publicly stated they are "rebuilding" are the Wings and Rangers, but neither is truly tanking it. Certainly not NY who still have their all-time best goalie in net. Obviously the cap has leveled things quite a bit, but thankfully not to the point where we see a whole lot of mediocre teams battling it out like we do every week in the NFL.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I think it gets a bit overlooked that $7.5m was basically in the ROR deal as well. A potential 10-20 1st round pick + 2nd round + Thompson + 7.5m is the real meat of the deal. Not a great return by any stretch, but they obviously needed ROR gone and by that day specifically.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Berglund really gave up all that money to get out of there? He should've just shown up and gone through the motions until they had no choice but to buy him out.

Reactions: CobraAcesS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad