2018-2019 Around the league thread #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

CB Joe

Oct 12, 2008
Not in favor of a luxury tax or franchise tag. Why can't all teams play by the same rules? With those new rules the richer teams will have an even bigger advantage. I like it the way it is. I like as much as parity as possible. It makes the season more interesting. It also makes some very good players available that wouldn't be with the new system.

As for the shorter max-term why not a scaling type system? Without thinking to much about it, something like retaining 8 year max but if the contract is signed over 30 years old maybe go down to 5 or 6 years max-term.

One way or the other they absolutely have to eliminate these insane signing bonuses like ROR and JT got.
I was thinking it was a cap + tax option, not just the luxury tax alone. Teams would still have to spend within the salary cap and floor, but teams that exceed the midway point between the cap and floor would also be taxed on how much they went over the midway point. Teams spending under the midway point would be the beneficiaries of the tax. This might give the richest teams a slight advantage but could save some struggling teams too. The lax could also help keep escrow under control which I know is an important point for the players.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Looks like Isac Lundeström will stick with the Ducks past 9 games. Didn't think he was NHL ready, but I guess they have some injuries.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Man how did Lundqvist let that one in. Looks like Kings might break their losing streak - against the Rangers, which is sure not to make Rangers fans happy. And Martinez was the one who scored it.

It's like a sad replay of once great teams reliving their Stanley Cup memories :laugh:

Reactions: Arcade Fire

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Sergachev had 18 minutes of ice time and went -6.

Might sounds crazy to some people but I'd not trade Girard straight up for him. Same age, same draft, 9OA vs 47OA.

He simply doesn't have Sammy's IQ. People probably got impressed by his offensive numbers last year but he's ultra sheltered in Tampa playing 3rd pairing and getting his points on the 2nd PP unit (and I think he lost that spot to McDonagh this year). Sammy is already getting tough 1st pairing unit here.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I'd like to publicly apologize for openly saying that Dallas would be good this year. Losing 4-2 to Detroit?

Reactions: Lemonlimey

Avsavsavsavsavs

Nov 30, 2017
Even if the Sens are "bad" some of these other teams are truly terrible, feel like the Sens would have to blatantly try to lose to get that pick under 5 lol.

Avsavsavsavsavs

Nov 30, 2017
That VGK PP goal is what I wish the Avs 2nd unit would do more often, just create traffic get pucks to the net and bat in the rebound.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
MacKinnon is strange, often times when he's at a standstill it takes him a lot to get going. I'm not surprised he isn't very good in 3 on 3.

I think Bednar still doesn't practice the 3 on 3 much at all because he wants to spend a ton of time on their 5 on 5 systems. That's why they always look slow out the gate, or out of sync. It's not familiar to them.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
I'd like to publicly apologize for openly saying that Dallas would be good this year. Losing 4-2 to Detroit?

Wings beat the Stars. Thank you Dead Wings.

The Stars could be out of it by US Thanksgiving. They play the Habs on Tuesday and then check out this insanely tough stretch in the first 2 weeks of Nov :

Nov 1 @TOR
Nov 3 @Wsh
Nov 5 @BOS
Nov 6 @CBJ
Nov 8 SJ
Nov 10 NAS
Nov 12 CBJ
Nov 16 BOS

That's frikkin' nasty.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
I just love how up in arms some of the Leafs fans were about that hit. I mean I can't stand Trouba and I think he is a dirty POS that thrives on taking cheap shots, but he didn't even hit him that hard there.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I just love how up in arms some of the Leafs fans were about that hit. I mean I can't stand Trouba and I think he is a dirty POS that thrives on taking cheap shots, but he didn't even hit him that hard there.

Yeah nothing wrong with that hit at all. Just decently hard hit.

Also is that the same shoulder he hurt last year?

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Oilers aren't playing too badly and have beaten some good teams. The season could've gone south in a hurry after the poor start but they've turned things around. Talbot has played all but one game though and you can't realistically keep going like that.

Reactions: Lemonlimey

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
The Stars could be out of it by US Thanksgiving. They play the Habs on Tuesday and then check out this insanely tough stretch in the first 2 weeks of Nov :

Nov 1 @TOR
Nov 3 @Wsh
Nov 5 @BOS
Nov 6 @CBJ
Nov 8 SJ
Nov 10 NAS
Nov 12 CBJ
Nov 16 BOS

That's frikkin' nasty.

Holy crap lol

Tell me there is something similar coming for the Wild. I can't believe that team is where they are after what they looked like that first game. They are going right back to their boring ass clutch, grab, defensive BS too.

I can't stand that they lucked into Staal either. That is the last team on earth to deserve a center like that to fall into their laps. f***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad