2018-2019 Around the league thread #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
Holy balls. Hawks just got outshot 33-6 in the 2nd period by the Bolts. Bolts just skating circles around them.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Holy balls. Hawks just got outshot 33-6 in the 2nd period by the Bolts. Bolts just skating circles around them.
Good. I didn't like the Hawks' start of the season. At all. Hopefully it's the beginning of them going back to sucking and not being in possible playoff discussion.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Buffalo is either looking pretty good or Anaheim is looking pretty bad

I know it's been said plenty of times, but I think Buffalo is finally going to get out of the basement once the next influx of talent comes in, name these players who are lighting up the AHL:

#PLAYERGPGATPPIM+/-
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

1.Victor Olofsson (RW/LW)859140-1|
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
3.Lawrence Pilut (D)6281027|
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
4.Alexander Nylander (RW/LW)835844|
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
7.Brendan Guhle (D)82468-1|
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Reactions: forsbergavs32

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Buffalo is either looking pretty good or Anaheim is looking pretty bad

Anaheim is banged up to hell (as usual) and it's been their goaltenders bailing them out.

Speaking of the Ducks, I'm usually the last person to scoff at the retiring of a number, and it was long overdue for Paul Kariya, but the fact that his and Selanne's jerseys are up there looking completely different is a little off-putting, and it's gonna look kinda weird since I assume numbers like Getzlaf and Perry will also use the orange-and-gold scheme. But whatever, it's not often a team undergoes such a radical redesign.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I know I’m opening a can of worms again, but I found it interesting listening to Brooks Orpik on the chiclets podcast talking about the Matheson suspension. He didn’t want to say too much but he mentioned that even the younger, skilled guys in his dressing room were floored that Matheson even got a hearing. It’s a hockey play that happens every night and it makes you question should you even hit guys anymore.

It’s not just one of those things that old school guys complain about. Even the guys who don’t play physical understand it’s a hockey play.

Reactions: Balthazar

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I know I’m opening a can of worms again, but I found it interesting listening to Brooks Orpik on the chiclets podcast talking about the Matheson suspension. He didn’t want to say too much but he mentioned that even the younger, skilled guys in his dressing room were floored that Matheson even got a hearing. It’s a hockey play that happens every night and it makes you question should you even hit guys anymore.

It’s not just one of those things that old school guys complain about. Even the guys who don’t play physical understand it’s a hockey play.

And that's why policy should not be decided by a bunch of meatheads in the locker room. If they can't see the difference between an actual hockey hit and what Matheson did AFTER the hit then they're too stupid for words.

Something tells me they know damn well what the difference is, they're just whining, which is why we still have a problem.

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Ah yes, the guys who play the game for a living are meatheads who know nothing.

Yes, Orpik is a meathead, and also the dumbest guy on the Avs payroll. If you didn't know that already I don't know what to tell ya.

I don't buy this "I don't know if I can hit anyone anymore" bullshit from players. The rules are very, very clear in hockey in what you can and what you can't do when you hit a guy. Again, if they can't figure out what made that suspendable then they're either insanely dumb, or being purposely obtuse. Probably a mix of the two.

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
The paperwork from my lawyer is in the mail, be careful what you wish for. You are officially sued my friend.

My lawyer's response.
ThickFrigidCony-small.gif

I'd have fired the guy a long time ago but he scares me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad