2018-2019 Around the league thread #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Just realised that we're at 1900 posts, lol, and that Chychrun is once again injured for a long duration of time. I admit that once he played he was pretty solid from what I saw, but I am quite relieved that we passed on him.

What's the story on Viktor Rask, he got a hand injury in the kitchen of all places? Cut himself that deep?

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Just realised that we're at 1900 posts, lol, and that Chychrun is once again injured for a long duration of time. I admit that once he played he was pretty solid from what I saw, but I am quite relieved that we passed on him.

What's the story on Viktor Rask, he got a hand injury in the kitchen of all places? Cut himself that deep?

It's possible he just managed to hit the exact wrong part of his hand.

The Yotes are cursed though. I mean, how in hell does Christian Dvorak get on the ice for a rehab skate and manage to tear his frickin' pectoral? Same goes with Chychrun. I never did see the cheap shot that sidelined him this go-around.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I noticed Blake Comeau's line was on the the ice for both goals against in the choke job against the Wylde last night. On what ended up being the GWG I even noticed he pulled a General and was pointing something out right before it happened. :laugh:

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Yeah Buffalo winning 5-1 in L.A is pretty damn bad. Something will have to happen there. Can't afford to miss the playoffs with an old roster like that signed for many more years.

JoeSakic13

May 30, 2013
San Francisco
The sad thing is I really like Matthews, Marner, Nylander, Tavares etc. Very exciting team, but the media and their fanbase make wanting them to have success so much harder.

Oh for sure, I live right in Toronto so I hear it daily. I just sit back and watch the Avs stay under the radar. Does it really count as an underdog story if everyone is just ignorant?

Reactions: Tru

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Can't wait to hear more from Leafs fans about what an all around #1 D Morgan Reilly is.

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
RoR just did RoR things to score
Babcock made a Babcock face...slightly angry perplexed look while chewing gum or drinking a water bottle

Some things never change

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
Toronto is making St Louis look good. 9 shots through 40 mins is rough for a team that's all offence.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Panthers reaaaaaaaaally need a goalie. They gave 3 unanswered goals to Detroit and are now trailing. They are so bad.

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
Matthews had no points and wasn't as impressive as Mackinnon always is. I saw a good snap shot or wrist shot and a big body in opportune positions, but puck skills weren't that great tonight. Flubbed some good chances or made a few clumsy passes.

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
O'Reilly is one of the most overrated players in the league imo, he's good but he's not one of the top 20 NHL centres like people are saying now. His defence made him overrated. I'd even go far as to say that as of this year, I'd take Brayden Schenn over him from the same team.

And Matthews doesn't get to have Landeskog and Rantanen as his teammates. He's also in his 3rd season and you're comparing him to Mac who's in his 6th. Matthews I think is better but Mac maybe has him beat by a bit in his own zone. Either way, Matthews has shit for linemates this season, he has them on the PP but at even strength, he has Marleau who's now basically like how shit Iggy was late for us and Hyman who just gives the illusion of hustling but has little hands or Kapanen who's decent but closer to a 2nd/3rd line guy that doesn't have good playmaking skills.

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City
Somewhere a swede is just minding his own business watching The Good Place

source.gif

Reactions: Ivan13

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
O'Reilly is one of the most overrated players in the league imo, he's good but he's not one of the top 20 NHL centres like people are saying now. His defence made him overrated. I'd even go far as to say that as of this year, I'd take Brayden Schenn over him from the same team.

And Matthews doesn't get to have Landeskog and Rantanen as his teammates. He's also in his 3rd season and you're comparing him to Mac who's in his 6th. Matthews I think is better but Mac maybe has him beat by a bit in his own zone. Either way, Matthews has **** for linemates this season, he has them on the PP but at even strength, he has Marleau who's now basically like how **** Iggy was late for us and Hyman who just gives the illusion of hustling but has little hands or Kapanen who's decent but closer to a 2nd/3rd line guy that doesn't have good playmaking skills.

No, instead he gets Tavares, Marner, Kadri, Nylander, Reilly, Kapanen etc.

Reactions: Avs71

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
No, instead he gets Tavares, Marner, Kadri, Nylander, Reilly, Kapanen etc.

I meant linemates. He does get those guys on the PP but he's pretty much anchoring his line at ES until Nylander gets back. Mikko's really picked up the slack and made it tougher for other teams this year but more importantly, Mikko and Landeskog (who's become even more underrated) are just good passers and handlers of the puck which I can't say for Matthews' linemates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad