2018-2019 Around the league thread #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Pacioretty with 1G 0A in eight games. At least Marchessault and Karlsson continued their play from last season.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I meant linemates. He does get those guys on the PP but he's pretty much anchoring his line at ES until Nylander gets back. Mikko's really picked up the slack and made it tougher for other teams this year but more importantly, Mikko and Landeskog (who's become even more underrated) are just good passers and handlers of the puck which I can't say for Matthews' linemates.
While true, Auston Matthews also has the luxury of not having to face the other teams best on a nightly basis.

Top defensive pairings usually get the Tavares/Marner line, while Kadri's line takes on the other team's top line.

Landy-MacK-Mikko are seeing the very best every night, whether that be top pairings, top offensive lines or top checking lines.

Reactions: Thepoolmaster

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
SIAD and I know +/- is reviled, but how is Matthews a -2? I know a lot has come in the pp, bu with his point total, you’d think there was no way he could be a - at even strength.

Pokecheque

Whack it Hard to Girard
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Middle West
www.armoredheadspace.com
All the talk about the Sens before the season and its DET that just looks beyond bad.
But they finally got a win tonight

Yep, it only took a goalie playing worse than Howard to make it happen.

No idea why the Cats passed on retaining Sateri, who was pretty good for them in relief of both Luongo and Reimer last season, and opted for Hutchinson.

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City
Yep, it only took a goalie playing worse than Howard to make it happen.

No idea why the Cats passed on retaining Sateri, who was pretty good for them in relief of both Luongo and Reimer last season, and opted for Hutchinson.
Have to believe they were in on Grubs, them and the Isles
The Conf./Division trade tax is real.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006

Not sure FLA ownership would have liked the "buy out condition" that came with Orpik in that trade.

Pokecheque

Whack it Hard to Girard
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Middle West
www.armoredheadspace.com

Isles definitely, not so sure about the Panthros, not with two fairly expensive investments made in goaltending already. But if that was indeed the reason, Tallon done screwed up.

I do think Florida will come to regret that whole saga that led to Tallon's ouster and then panicking and putting him back in power. I personally think they made the right move, they just screwed up royally with who they picked to succeed him.

Raucherhusten

Unselfish Gif Lover
Aug 24, 2017
Over the rainbow
After last night games i have two things to say:

1. The Central is nuts.

2. Could somebody please tell Ottawa that they are NOT suppose to win hockey games this season. Much appreciated.

Reactions: arun

VikingAv

Mediiic!!
Jun 18, 2006
Norway

There was a report/tweet or something around the time of the trade that said Carolina offered the 42nd pick i 2018 for Grubauer, but the Caps instead opted for #47 because of the whole in-division-thing. Don't remember if Carolina's offer included Orpik, though.

Reactions: Foppberg and Eltuna

Eltuna

Nov 12, 2017
Pretty sure Friedman said it was between us and Carolina, with Carolina also being able to take on Orpik while having a better 2nd but Washington didn’t want to trade him in division.

Piestany88

Sep 29, 2017
I meant linemates. He does get those guys on the PP but he's pretty much anchoring his line at ES until Nylander gets back. Mikko's really picked up the slack and made it tougher for other teams this year but more importantly, Mikko and Landeskog (who's become even more underrated) are just good passers and handlers of the puck which I can't say for Matthews' linemates.
Matthews is not better than Mack. Toronto pp has been good early on . I told my Leaf fan buddy they'll go cold and since then only 1 goal in 2 games lol . Massively overrated team and coach .

flyfysher

Mar 21, 2012
Matthews is not better than Mack. Toronto pp has been good early on . I told my Leaf fan buddy they'll go cold and since then only 1 goal in 2 games lol . Massively overrated team and coach .

The Leafs are definitely a very good team. But the Pens sent them a message in their game a couple of days ago and then the Blues spanked 'em last night. So the Leafs and their fans might want to temper their expectations. Way too early in the season except wait for January to see where everyone is.

Thepoolmaster

Dec 3, 2011
Leafs got off to a really hot start but their schedule was pretty easy against teams with known defensive issues. We will see how they perform later on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->