2018-19 Utica Comets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
Goldobin needs waivers (Nikolay Goldobin Waivers Calculator - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps. I think someone grabs him if they try and send him down.

I know so who in your opinion out of the 13 I listed gets waived besides Gaunce in order to keep both Pettersson and Goldobin up there?

Or are you of the opinion that Benning takes the other route and trades forwards? It will have to be for picks or AHL players for the Comets. Otherwise he just keeps swapping bodies causing the same overcrowding. He's more likely to trade picks than acquire them. His MO has also been to trade Comets and only get NHL players back thus reducing the Comets' numbers and increasing those of the Canucks.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
I know so who in your opinion out of the 13 I listed gets waived besides Gaunce in order to keep both Pettersson and Goldobin up there?

Or are you of the opinion that Benning takes the other route and trades forwards? It will have to be for picks or AHL players for the Comets. Otherwise he just keeps swapping bodies causing the same overcrowding. He's more likely to trade picks than acquire them. His MO has also been to trade Comets and only get NHL players back thus reducing the Comets' numbers and increasing those of the Canucks.

I think he will try and trade one in September before the start of the season (like he traded for Pouliot). No idea which ones, probably the ones he gets the first offers on. It is Benning for he'll probably trade a pick along with them.

Toss it to Tanti

Mar 24, 2018
Obviously depending on what we do with the gluttony of waiver-eligible forwards, I think Utica will have a really solid team. Think they're still missing that dynamic 1C, which hopefully can be addressed in free agency (Joe Colbourne?); but the available prospects should make for a fairly dynamic team..

LW: Tyler Motte, Jonathan Dahlen, Jonah Gadjovich, Reid Boucher,
C: Elias Pettersson(?), Zack MacEwen, Micheal Carcone, Tanner Kero,
RW: Kole Lind, Lukas Jasek, Petrus Palmu, Darren Archibald
D:Olli Juolevi, Jalen Chatfield, Guillaume Brisebois, Ashton Sautner, Evan McEneny, Quinn Hughes (?)
G: Thatcher Demko, Richard Bachman.

This list doesn't include Comets signings, like Tanner McMaster, Cam Darcy, Wacey Hamilton, Carter Bancks, etc. providing some veteran leadership.

Comet fans, what are your expectations heading into the season?

go comets

Jul 10, 2013
Obviously depending on what we do with the gluttony of waiver-eligible forwards, I think Utica will have a really solid team. Think they're still missing that dynamic 1C, which hopefully can be addressed in free agency (Joe Colbourne?); but the available prospects should make for a fairly dynamic team..

LW: Tyler Motte, Jonathan Dahlen, Jonah Gadjovich, Reid Boucher,
C: Elias Pettersson(?), Zack MacEwen, Micheal Carcone, Tanner Kero,
RW: Kole Lind, Lukas Jasek, Petrus Palmu, Darren Archibald
D:Olli Juolevi, Jalen Chatfield, Guillaume Brisebois, Ashton Sautner, Evan McEneny, Quinn Hughes (?)
G: Thatcher Demko, Richard Bachman.

This list doesn't include Comets signings, like Tanner McMaster, Cam Darcy, Wacey Hamilton, Carter Bancks, etc. providing some veteran leadership.

Comet fans, what are your expectations heading into the season?

Center continues to be an issue for the Comets. Neither Zack MacEwen or Micheal Carcone are Centers at the AHL level. I am hoping that Motte and Kero hold down the 1st 2 lines, but more than likely Hamilton and Darcy will have to play up from what should be 3rd-4th line duty. It is Very perplexing why the Canucks did not target a Center during the free agency period.

Gaudette may be here, may not.. I can not see Petterson in Utica at all.

The comets should be Stacked on the wings with a mix of Vets and newcomers and should be Exciting to watch!!!

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
Okay now that I went through the Canucks roster and have kind of figured out the definites and those on the bubble (post #99), let's look at the Comets as of today.

First we know exactly who the Comets have signed and they will have to play with the Comets, be sent down to the ECHL, or be released.

Carter Bancks (LW/C/RW) - Team Captain, energy player who kills penalties and can play up or down the line at LW/C/RW. His real position is LW. Last season he centered Goldobin and Boucher and played LW and RW all the way down on the checking line with Hamilton and a host of others on the opposite wing as well as every line in between. I was okay with his re-signing. The next one not so much.

Wacey Hamilton (C) - Just signed a new 2-yr contract. Most Comets fans would have been happy to say thank you Wacey, but it's time to say good-bye. This contract only makes sense if the Canucks continue to ignore their own as well as the farm's lack of centers. If they are not going to address this huge deficit then Wacey is a decent fit on the 4th line and killing penalties, but I know there are better centers out there to fill those roles that can actually set up line mates and score goals Wacey has difficulty with both of those tasks which are the cornerstones of a center.

Both are good in the locker room and serve as very good role models off the ice. Both of these guys could serve as reserves if there are better players for their spots and they will still gets lots of ice time.

Tanner MacMaster (LW) - MacMaster was a a late season ATO signing out of Quinnipiac University. This kid is left off of every list the Canucks posters give us of their thoughts for a Comets roster. If last season was any indication that is a huge mistake. He may not have been drafted by Benning, but at the end of the regular season and the playoffs he was one of the the top 4 or 5 players on the ice for Utica along with Chaput, Boucher, Goldobin, and Jasek. He played the right wing with Jasek on the left and Chaput in the middle. In the last 6 games he and Jasek had 5 and 7 points in the last six games. Tanner had 2 points playing on bottom lines before that match up. Jasek only played in one playoff game. but Tanner managed to put up the team's second most points vs the Marlies with 4. Only Boucher with 6 had more. Given a fair shot in spite of his lack of a Vancouver contract, he stands to be one of the top Comets. I thought Benning gave him the short stick by not offering him a contract. When I see those undrafted forwards he has seen fit to sign previously, Tanner was a no brainer.

Cameron Darcy (C) - Darcy joined the Comets out of training camp and was later signed to an AHL contract, but spent a good portion of the season alongside the rest of the huge number of walking wounded putting up a paltry 24 points in 46 GP. He, like Bancks, at one point centered Boucher and Goldobin, including the playoffs, while Chaput centered the 2nd line as Cull tried to find scoring beyond Bouch and Goldy. As the season wore on it was obvious that Chaput was actually more fit to be a #2 center and Darcy a #3 and Cassels and Hamilton were both #4s and on a contending AHL team both would have been reserves. His numbers stretched across 76 games would probably have at least reached 40 which for a 3rd line center would be respectable. He should have 2 scoring wingers this season and those numbers would be expected at a minimum.

Vincent Arseneau (LW/RW) - Twice signed PTOs with the Comets and finished with 2 points in 20 GP. This can be nothing but a depth signing. Before coming to Utica he had cups of coffee with Lake Erie, Worcester, and San Jose over a 5-yr career in which he played 51 games and put up a whopping total of 1 point! Overv that same time span he played 147 ECHL games with 4 different teams, but accumulated 55 goals and 101 points. He also put up 37 pooints in 47 games in the CHL. He is a shining example of the difference of play between the AHL and the teams they use as their minor league clubs and to find PTOs when they are desperate for players when numerous injuries and call-ups devastate their lineups. I can't believe he will be any more than depth for those occasions and will be assigned to Kalamazoo.

Brendan Bradley - (C) was the leading scorer for the Kalamazoo Wings last season with 53 points in 72 GP. 38 of those points were assists so he is a play maker at that level. He is depth and will start in Kalamazoo unless Benning is out of his mind. With the forward prospects that will be in Utica this is not the kind of center that will lead them to the promised land.

Dylan Blujus - (RD) Dylan was a late December PTO acquisition and was soon a permanent fix with Ashton Sautner as Utica's top defensive pairing. They were the first pair out on the PP and the pair most often sent out for defensive zone faceoffs. They were also most often matched up vs the opponent's first line. Both were 23 at the time with Dylan turning 24 in late January and Ashton in May. Neither had a lick of NHL experience and Ashton was a #6 at best in his previous outings as a Comet. They will both be heavily counted upon again this season as the lack of veteran D-men appears obvious.

Jaime Sifers (RD) - Outside observers would expect that a low scoring 35 yr-0ld D-man must be the team's cornerstone defensive veteran. Well the Comets began the season with an overload of veterans and Sifers was usually scratched. The defensive cornerstone was also not the case. If Jaime, bless his hard working heart, were on a lot of teams in the AHL, he would have been a permanent reserve. Utica did not have that wealth of talented defenders and thus, when McEneny went down it was usually normal to find Sifers in the lineup until Blujus arrived. Then Sifers got hurt and ended up playing a total of 35 games, but became essential down the stretch after Holm was traded and never replaced. Comrie became the only acceptable sub on defense with only a string of PTOs coming and going as any other replacement. If Vancouver sends down any D-man, he will likely take Sifers out of the top 6. Right now the Comets only have 6 competent D and Sifers is one and McEneny coming off a major knee injury are included in that 6.

Jagger Dirk (LD)- A D-man unseen and untested at the AHL level or atny pro level for that matter. 4 years in the WHL, and after going undrafted and obviously not offered a decent pro offer, spent 4 more years at St. Francis Xavier University. Not taking any shots at Canadian College Hockey, but it's not the NCAA level by a long shot. So now he gets his first pro contract in the AHL at 25. It's not a Vancouver contract, but an AHL contract. The research I have done says there is a Canucks' connection that got him this deal. I would guess he finds his way to Kalamazoo where he should have been signed in the first place.

Bancks, Hamilton, and Sifers are veterans, but they are a far cry from the vets most AHL teams are carrying on their team. They will however make the roster.

The other 5 are not vets and of them I would expect MacMaster, Darcy, and Blujus to also be Comets.

Tanner MacMaster
Carter Bancks (Vet)
Wacey Hamilton (Vet)
Jaime Sifers (Vet)
Dylan Blujus

Returning Comets. Every guy on this list will be on the roster:
Zach MacEwen
Michael Carcone
Yan-Pavel Laplante - Really belongs in Kalamazoo. He was there in 2016-17 and couldn't make it as a regular last year on a roster with the likes of D'Aoust, Labate, and Molino. This year's group makes him easily expendable. He's another Vancouver contract that MacMaster is far beyond in talent.

That is it for definites from last year's crop of forwards. The rest are either released or ?s as to whether they are here or not.
Boucher
Archibald
Goldobin
All 3 have to get through waivers.

Newbies I feel will be Comets:
Dahlen
Motte
Kero - Waived to get here.
Dahlen
Jasek
Palmu
Lind
Gadjovich

Maybe - Gaudette

D-men returning -
Sautner
McEneny
Brisebois
Chatfield

Maybes:
Juolevi
Hughes

Thus, on camp day I expect to see:
Forwards:
Kero
Motte
Dahlen
Jasek
Palmu
Lind
Gadjovich
MacMaster
MacEwen
Carcone
Laplante
Darcy
Bancks (vet)
Hamilton (vet)
Arseneau
Bradley

Boucher (vet)
Gaunce
Archibald (vet)
Leipsic
Gaudette

Defense:
Sautner
McEneny
Brisebois
Chatfield
Blujus
Sifers (vet)
Dirk

Juolevi

Goal:
Demko
Bachman

This means Vancouver will be: forwards:
Eriksson
Horvat
Sutter
Baertschi
Boeser
Pettersson
Beagle
Roussel
Schaller
Gagner
Granlund
Goldobin
Virtanen

Gaunce and Leipsic are waived to make room for Goldobin and Pettersson.

Edler
Tanev
Gudbranson
DelZotto
Hutton
Stecher
Pouliot
Biega

Hughes will go back to school for this season and play with his brother.
Juolevi will start in Utca if Guddy is ready to go otherwise he'll be in Vancouver until Guddy is ready and then be demoted unless in his time there he proved untouchable, then unfortunately the guy they try to waive to send down will be Biega.

Nillson won't get moved. Most teams have already settled their goaltending. Demko will get games in Vancouver so Benning has to find a third goalie for when that occurs. The Comets have to have something better than Garteig or an ECHL PTO in those situations.

The Comets are still hurting in the middle especially for a #1 center. These forwards need to be teamed up with quality centers if you want them to grow as they should.

The D has to have a boost. If these are the 6 they go with the defensive zone will often appear to be a Chinese fire drill. There is not a puck moving PPQB in this bunch and don't insist one of the kids is that guy. There are no slick puck handlers in this bunch. They need a strong veteran defender (Benning may just decide this guy is Biega) and the #1, who Benning may assign Hughes to Utica for the season to learn to take on that role. Then Sautner, Brisebois, Chatfield, hopefully McEneny can be very effective. Blujus and Sifers in the wings are very good reserves and will play a lot as the season roles on.

There are only 2 Vets in this group who would have to play, Archi and Boucher. So,in acquiring a couple of centers and 2 D, it would not matter if they were vets but one needs to be a VE. That allows for all 6 to play on any given night. If Gaudette were to be assigned here he gets one of the center roles and Darcy sits out as a reserve.

This is how I see both rosters at the moment. There are a couple of give and takes at both forward and on D. Waivers may cost a player or 2 but I think most would get through on NHL cut down day.The second Benning pulls the string on any trades it all changes in both cities unless he makes a one for one trade of NHL players.

Last edited:

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
jagger dirk will be robert dirk's son.

as a former owner of a car previously owned by robert dirk this signing hits close to home.

Cool. I get you have a connection, but that has what to do with Jagger's ability to play in the AHL?

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
Cool. I get you have a connection, but that has what to do with Jagger's ability to play in the AHL?

well, first off, i can reliably date the moment the canucks finally became a good hockey team to the date we last acquired a dirk, so it seems like a good idea.

second off, it was a solid clean 1994 toyota from anaheim toyota and according to the owner manual service records he had it serviced regularly, so i assume he was probably a sensible conscientious dad and raised his son right.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
I thought Benning gave him the short stick by not offering him a contract. When I see those undrafted forwards he has seen fit to sign previously, Tanner was a no brainer.

Well... I think Benning has been more cautious in terms of signing undrafted forwards. He was in Canucks' development camp the past few weeks. In reality, most of the time, the consideration should be NHL potential. I am on board with giving him getting an NHL contract if there's a risk of losing him to another team.

Jagger Dirk (LD)- A D-man unseen and untested at the AHL level or atny pro level for that matter. 4 years in the WHL, and after going undrafted and obviously not offered a decent pro offer, spent 4 more years at St. Francis Xavier University. Not taking any shots at Canadian College Hockey, but it's not the NCAA level by a long shot. So now he gets his first pro contract in the AHL at 25. It's not a Vancouver contract, but an AHL contract. The research I have done says there is a Canucks' connection that got him this deal. I would guess he finds his way to Kalamazoo where he should have been signed in the first place.

He was signed to an ATO by the Binghamton Devils and played 7 games. Looked like he didn't fare too badly. I remember him being decently regarded as a draft eligible prospect at some point. I think Dirk might surprise you.

Megaterio Llamas

el rey del mambo
Oct 29, 2011
North Shore
Well... I think Benning has been more cautious in terms of signing undrafted forwards. He was in Canucks' development camp the past few weeks. In reality, most of the time, the consideration should be NHL potential. I am on board with giving him getting an NHL contract if there's a risk of losing him to another team.

He was signed to an ATO by the Binghamton Devils and played 7 games. Looked like he didn't fare too badly. I remember him being decently regarded as a draft eligible prospect at some point. I think Dirk might surprise you.
He's there on the Negrin plan.

Reactions: Bitz and Bites

PhilMick

Formerly PRNuck
May 20, 2009
Calgary
well, first off, i can reliably date the moment the canucks finally became a good hockey team to the date we last acquired a dirk, so it seems like a good idea.

second off, it was a solid clean 1994 toyota from anaheim toyota and according to the owner manual service records he had it serviced regularly, so i assume he was probably a sensible conscientious dad and raised his son right.

This is the kind of insider info you can't get anywhere else!

vancityluongo

curse of the strombino
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2006
Edmonton
Okay now that I went through the Canucks roster and have kind of figured out the definites and those on the bubble (post #99), let's look at the Comets as of today.

Thank you as always BG, this is really informative. Have you ever considered writing for the Athletic or similar?

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
It was known and publicly stated by Trevor Linden and Jim Benning for 3 seasons that the Utica Comets were missing play making centers since they didn't sign any for their AHL affiliate. Last season they appointed a GM in Ryan Johnson. He knew, after seeing his team coming out of camp last season, they were hurting for centers. Following in lock step behind Jimbo and Trevor, he didn't address the problem for the entire season.

Coming out of the gate in preparation for the 2018-19 season the problem was still there. They traded Michael Chaput for Tanner Kero, essentially trading one #2 center for another. The problem was not addressed by this deal.

They have no centers in the pipeline for this season except maybe Adam Gaudette, who would be the first call-up and likely never return. Thus the need for the centers would still be the same as it had been for the past 3 years and now for the 4th.

I keep reading how the vets would steal the ice time from the prospects. What centers won't play if the Comets acquire 2 good ones? Darcy and Hamilton. If they find better centers than those 2 the prospects will be in big trouble. Every AHL franchise has at least one and most have two veteran centers that are not likely to be called up and they are instrumental in the prospects doing well. The best example I can give you from this past season were with the Toronto Marlies. First was Ben Smith, (59/73GP), 29 yr-old team captain with 247 GP in the AHL and 237 GP in the NHL as of today. He has a .74 PPG in the AHL. The second was Chris Mueller (52/73GP). Mueller has played 651 games in the AHL and his numbers are 462/651 GP for .71 PPG.

I have been watching the AHL teams around the league strengthening their rosters up the middle since May and it's been going on ever since. Any hockey exec who knows what for about running an NHL franchise is well aware of the responsibility they have in constructing both their NHL team as well as their AHL farm since that's the home for their future and the locale for call-ups they made need during the season. The Canucks have again done nothing. Let me give you a clue as to what's been happening around the continent.

Folowing is a list of centers signed by other NHL teams as free agents that began in May:

1.) Brad Morrison - 21, drafted by NY Rangers 2015. Thety did not sign him. He just finishwes his last year in jr split between Vancouver Giants and Lethbridge Hurricanes. He put up 75Pts in 74GP. (For the rest of this page it will be 75/74GP)
Signed as Free Agent by LA and earmarked for AHL Ontario. NON VET

2.) Carl Persson - 23, Undrafted. Last season Karlskrona HK (SHL) 24/52.
Signed as a FA by Nashville and earmarked by AHL Milwaukee. NON VET

3.) Maximilian Kammerer - 21, Undrafted. Last season Dusseldorfer EG (DEL) 31/52.
Signed asz a FA by Washington. Betting we find him in AHL Hershey. NON VET

4.) Jacob Nilsson - 24, Undrafted. Last season Mura IK (SHL) 18/40.
Signed as a FA by Chicago and earmarked for AHL Rockford. NON VET

5.) Par Lindholm - 26, Undrafted. Last season Skelleftea AIK "A" 47/49.
Signed as a FA by Toronto and earmarked for AHL Toronto Marlies. NON VET
Vancouver did have an interest and then announced they would not be in on the teams competing for him.

6.) Gage Quinney - 22, Undrafted. Last season AHL Wilkes-Barre/Scranton 33/57.
Signed as a FA by Vegas. Earmarked for AHL Chicago.

7.) Brooks Macek - 26, drafted in 2010 by Detroit and wasn't signed. Last year in EHC Munchen (DEL) 44/50.
Signed as a FA Vegas and earmarked for AHL Chicago. NON VET.

8.) Antii Suomela - 24, Undrafted. Last year JYP (Liiga) 59/60.
Signed as a FA by San Jose. Open to assignment. AHL team is San Jose Barracuda. NON VET

9.) Rocco Grimaldi - 25, Drafted 2nd round by Florida in 2011. 3yrs NCAA U. of North Dakota, last 2 seasons 55/72 and 31/49 with AHL San Antonio.
Signed as a FA by Nashville and earmarked by AHL Milwaukee. NON VET

10.) Seth Griffith - 25, drafted 5th round by Boston in 2012. Played ion the Boston organization for 3 years and was thje claimed off waivers 3 times the next season. Last year AHL Rochester 41/46.

MUST BE GHOST JOHNSON WASN'T AROUND TO SEE HIM PLAY AGAINST THE COMETS UMPTEEN TIMES LAST SEASON.

Signed as a FA by Winnipeg and earmarked for AHL Manitoba. AHL VET

11.) Ben Street - 31, Undrafted. 5yrs NCAA Wiscinsin, 10 seasons with 4 different NHL franchises. 357/428 in the AHL, .83 PPG.
Signed as a FA by Anaheim and earmarked for AHL San Diego. AHL VET

12.) Tyler Graovac - 25, Drafted 7th round by Minnesota in 2011. 4 years with the Wild and mostly AHL Iowa Wild and 2 with Washington in AHL Hershey. AHL 131/255, .51 PPG.
Signed as a FA by Calgary and earmarked for for AHL Stockton.

13.) Wade Megan - 27, Drafted 5th round by Florida 2009. 4yrs NCAA Boston U. 3 yrs AHL contracts, 2yrs St. Louis/AHL Chicago. 153/326 in AHL, .47 PPG. Last 2 yrs 66/73, 33/63.
Signed as a FA by Detroit and earmarked for AHL Grand Rapids. AHL VET

14.) Brian Flynn - 29, Undrafted. 4 yrs NCAA Maine, 3yrs Sabres, 2 in Montreal, 1 in Dallas.
AHL 80/116, .69 PPG. Last year 47/66.
Signed as a FA by St.Louis and earmarked for AHL San Antonio. AHL VET

15.) Michael Sgarbossa - 25, Undrafted. 6 yrs in the AHL with 3 different franchises. AHL 199/312, .64 PPG. last yr in Manitoba 40/68.
Signed as a FA by Washington and earmarked for AHL Hershey. AHL VET

16.) Colin Blackwell - 25, Drafted round 7 by San Jose in 2011. 5rs NCAA Harvard. 1yr San Jose. 1yr AHL Rochester. Last year AHL Rochester 45/46.

ANOTHER ONE MUST BE GHOST JOHNSON WASN"T AROUND TO SEE PLAY AGAINST UTICA WITH THE AMERKS LAST SEASON.

Signed as a FA by Nashville and earmarked for AHL Milwaukee. NON VET

17.) Matthew Pecca - 25, Drafted 7th round by by Tampa Bay in 2011. 4 yrs NCAA Quinnipiac, 3 yrs with Tampa and mostly AHL Syracuse. 134/204, .66 PPG. Last year 46/63.

ANOTHER GUY JOHNSON MUST HAVE MISSED. THE COMETS PLAYED SYRACUSE EVEN MORE TIMES THAN ROCHESTER.

Signed as a FA by Montreal. Vancouver could use his skills in the middles as well as Montraeal can. Both might also assign him to the AHL and I bet Utica could have really used him. NON VET

The following centers are among those Free Agents still out there;

18.) Chase Balisy - 26, Drafted 6th round by Nashville in 2011. 4 yrs at NCAA Western Michigan and did not sign with Nashville. 1 yr AHL St. John's, 3yrs with Fla in the AHL 150/285. .53 PPG. Last year 35/67. VET ELITE

CURRENTLY UNSIGNED FA

19.) Bracken Kearns - 37, Last 3 yrs with AHL Binghamton, another team in Utica's Division. 53/73, 51/74,43/67 AHL 438/732, .60 PPG. AHL VET

2-way forward that plays in all situations. Gets his nose dirty. Owns leadership qualities. He is much better than hamilton in everything Hamilton does, but he also scores a lot of goals and sets up even more.

CURRENTLY UNSIGNED FA

20.) Trevor Smith - 33, Lastr 2 yrs was the Captain of AHL Milwaukee. AHL PPP .74. Last year 43/66.

CURRENTLY UNSIGNED FA

21.) Patrick Cannone - 31, 7 yr pro. Last 2 yrs AHL Iowa. 38/73, 39/76. AHL PPG .57 AHL VET

CURRENTLY UNSIGNED FA

22.) Freddie Hamilton - 26, Drafted 5th round by San Jose in 2010. AHL 146/259, .56 PPG. AHL VET

CURRENTLY UNSIGNED FA

23.) Adam Tambellini - 23, Drafted 3rd round by NY Rangers in 2013. Played 3 yrs with AHL Hartford. Last year 32/69. NON VET

CURRENTLY UNSIGNED FA

I don't want to hear there was no one available or that they are now all gone because they are not! Not acquiring the centers the Comets kids need will be inexcusable. Instead of sitting around with his heads up his ass, Johnson should already have been on top of this, but obviously he hasn't been. Maybe he should still make a splash while he still can.

The Free Agent D-men has a list just like this one.

Reactions: Canadian Club

Tables of Stats

Nov 1, 2011
Vancouver, BC
BG, I get where you're coming from but some of these players you're pointing to look like the same kinds of players you'd tell us to 'wait and see' if we signed them and tried to tell you that they'll improve the team. I'm not saying that we shouldn't sign two or even three quality centers and a D-man or two for the Comets but some of those guys you listed are around the same quality as the players you complained about last season.

Reactions: Red and DonnyNucker
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad