2018-19 Utica Comets

Status
Not open for further replies.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
You do realize 3rd round picks are not surprisingly still in the AHL to start the second season. He had loads of work to do in order to make himself NHL ready and that work still needs to be done. Throwing 2 pucks to the net and having one get tipped past the keeper by his own man (Woods) and the other deflected off the goalie's own man don't make a player ready for the NHL.

You seem to be more impressed by points (e.g. your hype over "Lindy Boy" having 2 in 2 games) in your assessment of player progress than the actual play of the player throughout the rest of the game. Being a very good defenseman is more important than the points he puts up. Ask Jordan Subban about that. He sucks defensively and he is currently under contract with his third NHL franchise in the past 3 seasons. He was roughed up pretty good this weekend in his own end where he cannot handle the puck under pressure and also in the O-zone while trying to run around and score. After he potted one in Utica in the first game of the season he performed some histrionics to the crowd and the Comets bench while skating back to his bench and I'm sure a few words to some of his ex-mates when he got the chance.

He went pointless on the 7 goals the Marlies potted this weekend. The ex Vancouver property who was impressive was Adam Cracknell. He was a heavy hitter in both games and scored a goal and picked up 2 helpers. Molino scored one yesterday.

Molino and Subban were both discarded by the Canucks. Cracknell signed as a free agent with Torono for this season. He would have been a much better center acquisition for the Comets than Darcy or Woods. He is a lifetime .56 PPG in 488 AHL GP. Darcy .31 and Woods .32 and Cracknell is much tougher and more skilled.
Points aint it all bub, its like i said numerous times and you ignore, its what actual people say who watched it - THATs what i base it on ya bad goalie. PAY ATTENTION

https://hfboards.mandatory.com/posts/150728321/

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
Points aint it all bub, its like i said numerous times and you ignore, its what actual people say who watched it - THATs what i base it on ya bad goalie. PAY ATTENTION

https://hfboards.mandatory.com/posts/150728321/

I've seen everything he's done and you obviously "ain't " listening , BUB. Lind is looking at 2 seasons in the city of Utica as well as Gadjovich. They do a nice thing once in awhile but are miles from the NHL.

Both "orcatown" and I as well as others have all had good things to say about "Brieezy", but you must have skipped the posts where the serious breakdowns of his faults have also been detailed. He has a lot more to accomplish inhis game before he is ready to rtry out the "Big Show".

Brisebois has miles to go before he sleeps. Coming along, but he would be eaten alive by the Vancouver posters just like Hutton, Pouliot, Gudbranson, (certain guys) Edler and Stecher if he were to play for the Canucks at this time.

You need to realize that Benning and GM Johnson are blowing smoke up the asses of the gullible Canucks' fans who are 3,000 miles away and don't have anything to go by. So they drink the Kool-Aid when those two say, "Brisebois is having a great season in Utica". You don't need to become one of the gullible ones. Besides Kool-Aid will rot your teeth.

By the way , why you hev to be so snotty whenever someone disagrees with you. I was only pointing out a prevalent pattern to your posts and points are what you post all your happy posts about.

Last edited:

M2Beezy

May 25, 2014
I've seen everything he's done and you obviously "ain't " listening , BUB. Lind is looking at 2 seasons in the city of Utica as well as Gadjovich. They do a nice thing once in awhile but are miles from the NHL.

Brisebois has miles to go before he sleeps. Coming along, but he would be eaten alive by the Vancouver posters just like Hutton, Pouliot, Gudbranson, (certain guys) Edler and Stecher if he were to play for the Canucks at this time.

You need to realize that Benning and GM Johnson are blowing smoke up the asses of the gullible Canucks' fans who are 3,000 miles away and don't have anything to go by. So they drink the Kool-Aid when those two say, "Brisebois is having a great season in Utica". You don't need to become one of the gullible ones. Besides Kool-Aid will rot your teeth.
Yeah well we will see, I dont like to DUMP all over our prospects like some of the bitter self hating Canucks fans and its nice to see Briesy proving some of the anti management nuts wrong. Same with Lindy boy, Gaudette, and others. Looks like we ARE headed in the right direction, whether the self haters will admit it our not bubarino

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
Yeah well we will see, I dont like to DUMP all over our prospects like some of the bitter self hating Canucks fans and its nice to see Briesy proving some of the anti management nuts wrong. Same with Lindy boy, Gaudette, and others. Looks like we ARE headed in the right direction, whether the self haters will admit it our not bubarino

So i'm a hater now? You need to grow up!

Trying to tell you things you obviously don't want to hear makes that poster a hater. I am giving you plain and simple facts. I have tried to give as much information on every Comet as I can since they have been here. I will not blow smoke up your ass. Read my game comments as the game progresses. You will read high praise for good play and you will read criticism of not so good play. Doesn't matter to me who the player is. Do good, I say so. Do something stupid tr outright bad and I will say so. Go back a re-read the post you are commenting on. Better yet go back and read through my comments from the start of tonight's game and up to the post you are acting goofy over and tell me exactly how I am a hater.

Wake up and learn the difference between someone critiquing a game and the players and someone playing the hate game "bubarino".

M2Beezy

May 25, 2014
So i'm a hater now? You need to grow up!

Trying to tell you things you obviously don't want to hear makes that poster a hater. I am giving you plain and simple facts. I have tried to give as much information on every Comet as I can since they have been here. I will not blow smoke up your ass. Read my game comments as the game progresses. You will read high praise for good play and you will read criticism of not so good play. Doesn't matter to me who the player is. Do good, I say so. Do something stupid tr outright bad and I will say so. Go back a re-read the post you are commenting on. Better yet go back and read through my comments from the start of tonight's game and up to the post you are acting goofy over and tell me exactly how I am a hater.

Wake up and learn the difference between someone critiquing a game and the players and someone playing the hate game "bubarino".
Yeah well we will see ya bad goalie what happens. There tracking well, we have one of the best prospect pools DESPITE the hippucks and upds/downs so Im not so worried even if some jump all over any learning curves that come up.

Gaudette
Hughes
Lockwood
Demko
Dipietro
Woo
Madden
Mac Master
Lindy boy
Dahlen
Gad
Brassard
Briesy
Chatts
Juolevi
McEwen
Palmu
Utunen
McEneny
Sautner

Is one Hell of a prospect pool and no negativity or self hating will take away from this. FACT

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
Yeah well we will see ya bad goalie what happens. There tracking well, we have one of the best prospect pools DESPITE the hippucks and upds/downs so Im not so worried even if some jump all over any learning curves that come up.

Gaudette
Hughes
Lockwood
Demko
Dipietro
Woo
Madden
Mac Master
Lindy boy
Dahlen
Gad
Brassard
Briesy
Chatts
Juolevi
McEwen
Palmu
Utunen
McEneny
Sautner

Is one Hell of a prospect pool and no negativity or self hating will take away from this. FACT

You conveniently didn't answer my question at all. Go back and read my response in which I ask you if I am now considered a hater by you and if that's your opinion please explain how that is so.

A list of prospects has nothing to do whatsoever with the question I asked you and then explained how I have critiqued Comets players since the Comets came to be 6 years ago.

Point blank! The last thing I am is a hater. The strongest proponent of the Comets is posting this to you now. Bold accusations with zero evidence does not become you.

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
How bout this one BG?

This is the short version cause it's kind of a thread derail ;)

Nope. How about "War" by Edwin Star?

Uriah Heep. Cream, Jefferson Airplane, the Who, Hendrix, THe beatles, The Rolling Stones, early Black Sabbath, Vanilla Fudge, The Blues Project, The James Gang, Bufflao Springfield, Neil Young, Canned Heat, The Doors, Deep Purple, ELO, early Rod Stewart, Cat Stevens, Steppenwolf, Moby Grape, Santana, Iron Butterfly, Led Zeppelin, Quicksilver Messenger Service, Queen, Tom Petty, Roy Orbison, Simon and Garfunkel, Mountain, Moody Blues, Melanie, Curtis Mayfield, Al Green, Marvin Gaye, The Kinks, Joplin, Jethro Tull, It's A Beautiful Day, Humble Pie, Grand Funk Railroad, Bob Dylan, ETC.

Then there is going back to my high school days and all the soul stuff from Motown and Stax challenged by the mid 60's British invasion. Had a huge crush on Marianne Faithfull. I'm also a huge Buddy Holly fan. Man all of that was some great music. My collection is huge.

Reactions: Megaterio Llamas

Megaterio Llamas

el rey del mambo
Oct 29, 2011
North Shore
Nope. How about "War" by Edwin Star?

Uriah Heep. Cream, Jefferson Airplane, the Who, Hendrix, THe beatles, The Rolling Stones, early Black Sabbath, Vanilla Fudge, The Blues Project, The James Gang, Bufflao Springfield, Neil Young, Canned Heat, The Doors, Deep Purple, ELO, early Rod Stewart, Cat Stevens, Steppenwolf, Moby Grape, Santana, Iron Butterfly, Led Zeppelin, Quicksilver Messenger Service, Queen, Tom Petty, Roy Orbison, Simon and Garfunkel, Mountain, Moody Blues, Melanie, Curtis Mayfield, Al Green, Marvin Gaye, The Kinks, Joplin, Jethro Tull, It's A Beautiful Day, Humble Pie, Grand Funk Railroad, Bob Dylan, ETC.

Then there is going back to my high school days and all the soul stuff from Motown and Stax challenged by the mid 60's British invasion. Had a huge crush on Marianne Faithfull. I'm also a huge Buddy Holly fan. Man all of that was some great music. My collection is huge.
I don't have my collection anymore, but it's all 'upstairs'.

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
I don't have my collection anymore, but it's all 'upstairs'.

I like that number, but my favorite is the song of the same name as the group.

You would have to kill me to get my collection out of my possession. Napster was sent to me from Heaven. I had/have a huge vinyl collection, but Napster let me fill in so many blanks. Just as an example, I now have every single the Stax Record company ever released, most of the Motown stuff I liked as well. Talk about a soul collection.

Reactions: Megaterio Llamas

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
No explanation as to how I am a hater eh, EtoR/ MtoB. Maybe you realize that's a label I don't wear. I don't appreciate being falsely accused of it either. Thank you.

orcatown

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
Team tired in the third but had built enough of cushion to get out with a win.

Good

MacEwen - coming along. Was a real horse in the first couple of periods and worked both ends very well. For a big guy gets around the ice well and usually does the right thing in the play. Getting so he has the puck a lot more and is showing some ability to distribute it. Still needs to work on agility and play better in tight quarters.

Carcone - real nice goal where he exploited Subban's inability to pivot to the outside. Showed nice finish. This player can score highlight type goals. Thought he was good in the general run of the play. Ended up first star.

Charfield - makes mistakes but he is providing a hard hitting, physical presence. Knocked Clark out of the game with a big hit. Competes hard and is improving

Sautner - such a good skater. Looking more and more to get involved in the offense.

Boucher - could see he tired after two games of playing huge minutes. Reminded me of last year when the Canucks brought him up when he was fading after playing so many games in a row. Don't think we got a look at Boucher at his best. Scored a great goal that showed very high end talent. See the replay is already posted. Overall another good effort. Got second star although I would have given it to MacEwen

Archibald - dominates shifts - especially early in the game. Playing real well.

Kulbakov - he had to be excellent in many parts of the game and was. (41 shots on net) Really competes hard and probably deserved a star.

Others

Jasek - so much better. Made mistakes in coverage and couldn't finish off plays in the offensive zone but he was so much more in the play. Skated well and made himself a factor. Very positive step.

Gadjovich - so-so. Decent on the forecheck but first step a problem especially in transition. Has a ways to go to be able to compete fully at this level.

Lind - more involved and you can see he is smart with the puck. Needs to improve shot. Not looking like he is playing in over his head but still figuring it out.

Joulevi - steady. Wouldn't really notice him if you weren't watching for him which is a positive since it showed he was moving the puck faster and staying out of trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad