2018-19 Utica Comets, Pt. VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
Every time a Comet finds himself with the puck one on one he loses the battle. There is not one ounce of individual puck skills nor any physical moves that enable the Comets to outmaneuver anyone for scoring chances. It has been like this all season. I bet I haven't seen 5 1 on 1 situations in which a comet has busted a move and beat a defender and taken the puck to the net. Sad, very sad.

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
Bridgeport up 3-2 over the Pens with 8 minutes to go. If they hold on Hershey finishes 3rd no matter the outcome tonight.

The game has lost audio so just video to watch.

A Bear loses his stick and the Comets have possession but can't even gain control to try and take advantage and turn it over so the Bears can ice it. It's been like this all season. They just can't take advantage of anything. Maybe that's simply indicative of what happens to poor teams.

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
Roberts looking for Reichenbach to go to the bench. That usually ends up in their own net in a short order.

Comets can't even get possession. There goes Ty.3 Comets fight for a puck loose in the crease with 2 or 3 Bears and they never touch the puck.

Now it's that usual empty netter without a threat by the Comets.

This one will end 4-1.

Less than 20 seconds to go and Blujus blocks a shot. He's hurt.
What else can go wrong for these guys with such little time left in the season? They just keep breaking.

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
Only consolation that can be drawn from this one is Bridgeport leads 5-2 late in the 3rd so Hershey's win means nothing for them. Sad that's all the positives I can draw from this loss.

Comets only victory was in SOG, 32-26.

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
The season mercifully ends tomorrow with the final game coming against Syracuse, who sadly for the Comets will be playing for the Division title and home ice for at least the first 2 rounds. They were tied for the lead with Rochester going into tonight's game and they are currently in action against each other.. That game is 2-2 with 4 minutes left in the 3rd.

Either way they will need that game tomorrow as both Rochester and the Crunch play tomorrow and one will have a point or 2 lead over the other when tomorrow's games begins and nothing still settled between them.

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
It's now 4-2 Syracuse and tomorrow at least 1 point vs the Comets guarantees them the Division Title.

Comets look to stagger into the finale even more shortthanded. Will probably find out the condition of Boucher, Kero, Blujus, and who knows who else tomorrow in the paper. That's if one of the Facebook posters doesn't give us an update before then.

go comets

Jul 10, 2013
Syracuse has clinched home ice so they have nothing to play for today. I expect all the subs in for the crunch which should be more than enough to beat the pathetic comets.....

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
Syracuse has clinched home ice so they have nothing to play for today. I expect all the subs in for the crunch which should be more than enough to beat the pathetic comets.....
Must be my Division stat sheets wasn't up to date. When I checked last night Roch and Syr were tied making to night's game a biggie. Now I see they are 4 points up and the reserves will come out. Their reserves are much better than most of what we can ice tonight anyways.

Any word on Boucher after sitting out the 3rd last night?

tyhee

Feb 5, 2015
Program sales must be up :thumbu:

You've uncovered the secret of the reason for the revolving door of professional tryout contracts. It's a revenue producer. ;)

There's #1 against from a ridiculous angle and Ty deflected it into his own n off his own stick as he was not holding his post. Terrible ECHL level mistake. The shot came from the side boards just past the goal line. That shot just can't be allowed to get into the net!

First has ended with Hershey leading 1-0 on that ****** goal. ...

That didn't take long. 2-1 Hershey.

Reisenbach didn't play what looked like a shot either. He just froze and held his spot near the post when the shot was actually a pass for a tap in to the far side.

This kid doesn't belong in the AHL.

In case you wonder from time to time why Vancouver fans seem to have such a positive perspective on how players are doing in Utica, consider this from Canucks Army, which in every game names three Comets as their CA 3 Stars:

"CanucksArmy’s Three Stars: ...

1st Star: Ty Reichenbach. Reichenbach put up 22 saves on 25 shots in his first taste of AHL action. It was a solid debut for the netminder even if he didn’t come away with the win for his efforts. Reichenbach made a handful of great saves and showed well for the Comets."

In response to a large number of complaints, Canucks Army, formerly a reputable analytics site, has imo gone out of it's way to avoid saying much that is negative except in their Monday mailbag and now provides much less in the way of objective numerical analysis than it did a few years ago.

Their regular Comets reporter has been diligent in his work and tries to stay positive, probably keeping in mind how vocal CA posters are about negative reporting. He's also a huge fan of Zack MacEwen, who it seemed for much of the season could be found in the CA 3 stars most games and was 1st star 3 games in a row at one stage.

Since the Vancouver media doesn't otherwise cover the Comets in detail and other than CA the only other real source of information about the Comets for most people comes from quotes from Benning and Johnson, it is understandable that we see a lot of people who think MacEwen and Juolevi are ready to step in and upgrade the Canucks at wing and defence and who at least for a long while (and to some extent even now) thought it would have been an improvement to replace some of the Canucks regulars with prospects playing for the Comets.

Thanks again to posters from the Mohawk Valley for providing us with information that is otherwise unavailable to Canucks fans and for continuing to do so in frustrating circumstances.

Last edited:
Reactions: Megaterio Llamas

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
You've uncovered the secret of the reason for the revolving door of professional tryout contracts. It's a revenue producer. ;)

In case you wonder from time to time why Vancouver fans seem to have such a positive perspective on how players are doing in Utica, consider this from Canucks Army, which in every game names three Comets as their CA 3 Stars:

"CanucksArmy’s Three Stars: ...

1st Star: Ty Reichenbach. Reichenbach put up 22 saves on 25 shots in his first taste of AHL action. It was a solid debut for the netminder even if he didn’t come away with the win for his efforts. Reichenbach made a handful of great saves and showed well for the Comets."

In response to a large number of complaints, Canucks Army, formerly a reputable analytics site, has imo gone out of it's way to avoid saying much that is negative except in their Monday mailbag and now provides much less in the way of objective numerical analysis than it did a few years ago.

Their regular Comets reporter has been diligent in his work and tries to stay positive, probably keeping in mind how vocal CA posters are about negative reporting. He's also a huge fan of Zack MacEwen, who it seemed for much of the season could be found in the CA 3 stars most games and was 1st star 3 games in a row at one stage.

Since the Vancouver media doesn't otherwise cover the Comets in detail and other than CA the only other real source of information about the Comets for most people comes from quotes from Benning and Johnson, it is understandable that we see a lot of people who think MacEwen and Juolevi are ready to step in and upgrade the Canucks at wing and defence and who at least for a long while (and to some extent even now) thought it would have been an improvement to replace some of the Canucks regulars with prospects playing for the Comets.

Thanks again to posters from the Mohawk Valley for providing us with information that is otherwise unavailable to Canucks fans and for continuing to do so in frustrating circumstances.

In response to your revenue producer, the Comets season ticket holders have 3500 of the 3917 tickets available on any given game day. With promotions and giveaways the gate is sold out. Nobody here drools over the tryouts as we know they came from the ECHL and won't be good anyways.

The only guys that come in with some interest are the already drafted Jrs on ATOs that could be future players a la WOO. There was a lot of interest in getting a look at him since we have a feeling Benning will covet him as he has a few others who should have started here, but didn't like Virtanen and McCann for examples.

Interseting news on CA. I always placed some merit in the reports I saw from them in the past. A couple of their writers actually contacted me for some info in the past. Shinkaruk in one instance.

P.S.
I know you were only joking because Benning makes it work in Vancouver.

Reactions: Megaterio Llamas
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad