2018-19 Utica Comets, Pt. IV: Six more years as your Vancouver Canucks affiliate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
I normally start in a t this point about how the Comets have to put the pedal down and not look back, but they don't even seem to ave a vehicle tonight let alone one with an accelerator.

I'm going out on the limb and tell youj with 13:54 to go this one is allover except the clock ticking away.

It is more likely that the Crunch put the pedal down. They are great at pouring it on when their victim is bleeding.

Woods with the Comets SECOND shot of the period and then he gets called for high sticking when attempting to lift a guy's stick and takes the guy's helmet completely off.

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
Crunch passing the puck wherever and to whomever they wish on this one.

Comets finally a clear.

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
PK was successful and all that means is 2 more minutes are gone.

Comets still 3 shots.

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
The Crunch are looking every bit the stacked Tampa Bay affiliate tonight

Still have 5 games in hand on the Comets and will have a 4 pt lead on them after tonight.

They trail Rochester by 3 pts with a 2 games in hand advantage on them as well and the 2 play each other again Wednesday in a 4-pt game.

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
Cull pulled his keeper with close to 8 minutes left and the Crunch wasted no time finding the empty net.

4-0.

I Syracuse this season the Crunch are 3-0 vs the Comets and the goal difference at this point in the 3 games has been 18-1.

Yet, the Comets have defeated the Crunch in Utica all 4 times they have met in very close contests.

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
Kulbakov has not been the goat tonight. He has not had a chance on the 3 goals scored on him.

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
Pasquale is pitching his 6th shutout of the season and Utica will be the victim twice in 3:18.

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
Yan receives a breakaway stretch pass behind the Comets, but it bounced off his stick and Ivan was able to put a glove over it for a faceoff.

2:16 left.

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
3rd and 4th place teams in the North will have a monumental task to get through the first round this year. There is a big difference in the skill levels between the top 2 and the rest of the Division.

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
This one comes to an end.

4-0 Syracuse.

Comets outscored 18-1 in the 3 games in Syracuse this season.

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
*******MAJOR ERROR********* by this poster tonight.

I have been battling a migraine for the past 4 hours and got confused as to the Crunch keeper. I am used to Pasquale in the net for them, but the keeper tonight was Connor Ingrham and this was his 4th shutout of the season.

Reactions: Megaterio Llamas

Megaterio Llamas

el rey del mambo
Oct 29, 2011
North Shore
*******MAJOR ERROR********* by this poster tonight.

I have been battling a migraine for the past 4 hours and got confused as to the Crunch keeper. I am used to Pasquale in the net for them, but the keeper tonight was Connor Ingrham and this was his 4th shutout of the season.
My excuse for my earlier gaffe is that I've been hitting this vape pen that I picked up from a dispensary downtown. Not the greatest idea for a man my age probably ;)

Reactions: timbermen

orcatown

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
Comets started well (aided by some penalties) but fell apart in the second and were terrible in the third. Lost Blujus in the second and this scrambled the defense help leading to problems in their end.

Lack of effective PP was critical problem for Utica in this game

Schenn - thought he was effective and really provided some stiffness to the defense in terms of taking people out of the play. He and Brisebois were the best combo. As we know Schenn is very slow (I'd say too slow for the NHL) but he is positionally good and knows how to break up plays and get puck up to the forwards.

Boucher - made some good plays to set people up and was probably the best forward. This team very much needs Boucher to bury every chance he can. Others like MacEwen and Gaunce had few good moments.

Brisebois - again showing good range and good puck movement on the PP. Did a good job of breaking up plays off the rush.

Did Not Like

Hamilton - entirely useless. Should be sent home tonight. When you see younger players developing in the Tampa system in Syracuse it's discouraging for a Canuck fan. Tampa drafts well and develops well. Player like Verhaeghe is absolutely ready to step in and help at the NHL level and others are coming. They have a few vets that can augment the development of their players. Meanwhile Comets muck around with garbage like Hamilton b/c Johnson just loves his character or something. Of course, reminds Johnson of himself b/c like Hamilton, Johnson was useless and got by doing his exaggerated shot blocking routine and by being supposedly good in the room.

Chatfield - just a nightmare. Somehow shot blocked the first goal into his net (giving Kolbanov no chance) . On the second lost track of check and then was too slow getting to him resulting in the player getting an open shot from the slot. On the third got caught in his end when Comets couldn't get the puck out (and Chatfield was a main reason for this) and then went to the bench with the puck barely out of his zone causing a two man break away on net. And there were numerous times when he gave up odd man rushes by losing the puck in the neutral zone or banging the puck off other players shin pads or losing his check around the goal creating other great chances against. Just feeble in his own end. Caught reaching off balance for the puck all game. Sometimes doing this when player was way out of reach. Fought the puck and beat the puck to death on several occasions. Guy's been out so need some slack but still just miserable tonight.

Dahlen - provided some good chances on the PP but just flicked puck into goalies tummy. 5 on 5 was non-existent.

Bancks - drifted thru game and got nothing none.

Watson - ECHLer played over Saucerman or Graham (maybe a vet rule issue). Another useless player.

Others

Lind - didn't do much but is showing he can skate decently at this level.

Last edited:

UticaHockey

Feb 27, 2013
Utica, NY
Comets started well (aided by some penalties) but fell apart in the second and were terrible in the third. Lost Blujus in the second and this scrambled the defense help leading to problems in their end.

Lack of effective PP was critical problem for Utica in this game

Schenn - thought he was effective and really provided some stiffness to the defense in terms of taking people out of the play. He and Brisebois were the best combo. As we know Schenn is very slow (I'd say too slow for the NHL) but he is positionally good and knows how to break up plays and get puck up to the forwards.

Boucher - made some good plays to set people up and was probably the best forward. This team very much needs Boucher to bury every chance he can. Others like MacEwen and Gaunce had few good moments.

Brisebois - again showing good range and good puck movement on the PP. Did a good job of breaking up plays off the rush.

Did Not Like

Hamilton - entirely useless. Should be sent home tonight. When you see younger players developing in the Tampa system in Syracuse it's discouraging for a Canuck fan. Tampa drafts well and develops well. Player like Verhaeghe is absolutely ready to step in and help at the NHL level and others are coming. They have a few vets that can augment the development of their players. Meanwhile Comets muck around with garbage like Hamilton b/c Johnson just loves his character or something. Of course, reminds Johnson of himself b/c like Hamilton, Johnson was useless and got by doing his exaggerated shot blocking routine and by being supposedly good in the room.

Chatfield - just a nightmare. Somehow shot blocked the first goal into his net (giving Kolbanov no chance) . On the second lost track of check and then was too slow getting to him resulting in the player getting an open shot from the slot. On the third got caught in his end when Comets couldn't get the puck out (and Chatfield was a main reason for this) and then went to the bench with the puck barely out of his zone causing a two man break away on net. And there were numerous times when he gave up odd man rushes by losing the puck in the neutral zone or banging the puck off other players shin pads or losing his check around the goal creating other great chances against. Just feeble in his own end. Caught reaching off balance for the puck all game. Sometimes doing this when player was way out of reach. Fought the puck and beat the puck to death on several occasions. Guy's been out so need some slack but still just miserable tonight.

Dahlen - provided some good chances on the PP but just flicked puck into goalies tummy. 5 on 5 was non-existent.

Bancks - drifted thru game and got nothing none.

Watson - ECHLer played over Saucerman or Graham (maybe a vet rule issue). Another useless player.

Others

Lind - didn't do much but is showing he can skate decently at this level.
There are a few contributors on Canucks Army that claim Chatfield is the best defenseman on the Comets by a wide margin. I believe your assessment over theirs. In my eyes Chatfield ranges from a work in progress to a total mess on any given night.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Unfortunately games coming out of the break can go either way. Sometimes, for whatever reason, a game in which you think the team would come out raring to go, they're just totally flat. You could see it in some of the NHL games this week.

Might get a better read on where this team is at tonight in Springfield.

Megaterio Llamas

el rey del mambo
Oct 29, 2011
North Shore
1-0 Comets over Springfield via an early pp goal.

Michael Leighton in the nets, Jamie Sifers and Colton Saucerman in for Watson and the injured Blujus. Gadjovich in tonight as well.

Comets back on the pp after Bobby Farnham punches Kole Lind in the face in a scrum.

Make it 2-0 Comets, Dahlen from Gaunce and Lind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad