2018-19 Utica Comets, Pt. IV: Six more years as your Vancouver Canucks affiliate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue and Green

Out to lunch
Dec 17, 2017
Elaborate! (For those of us not watching)

I'll leave it to Mega-Man to explain the ejection helmet reference. But in the play... great wrist shot for the first goal; smart pass to Boucher for an open net tap-in on the second goal; then backchecked hard to prevent a 2-on-1 on a PP situation, took the puck up the ice to set up sustained pressure which ended when he almost scored again. Probably the best 10-minute chunk of hockey that I've seen from a Comet this season.

Reactions: lindgren

cc

Feb 28, 2002

He's playing with a lot of hustle moving his feet and making good defensive and offensive plays. He looks quick out there and playing physical battling hard for pucks and his helmet pops off during his battles. You wouldn't have guessed he played yesterday

Megaterio Llamas

el rey del mambo
Oct 29, 2011
North Shore
@cc handled the question well. He hustles like a sonovagun all over the ice and initiates contact with other players which invariably results in his CCM helmet flying off on spectacular fashion, revealing a spectacular flow. PBP man Joe Roberts will refer to this phenomenon occasionally.

Reactions: lindgren

Blue and Green

Out to lunch
Dec 17, 2017
Lind while being hooked set up Gaunce who was stopped point-blank; Gaudette got smacked in the head on the play and headed down the tunnel. MacEwen was robbed point-blank on ensuing PP.

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
Wow, that must have been fun to watch.

Cleveland lost to Binghamton, which is a big set-back for them. The Comets are opening up a bit of a gap.

Reactions: Megaterio Llamas

cc

Feb 28, 2002
MacEwen seems very versatile. He can slot up and down lineups and even take faceoffs. I didn't keep track but he seemed very good on the draw.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->