2018-19 Utica Comets, Pt. IV: Six more years as your Vancouver Canucks affiliate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
Syracuse engaging in their practiced post-whistle antagonism. Kero egged on and Schenn steps in and Schenn gets the penalty. Textbook Syracuse Crunch.

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
Blujus gloved down the puck with his palm and went straight down the alleyway to the dressing room. Trainer was right behind him. If he's down and Cull won't sit one of his boys, PTOs Watson and Saucerman will both be in tomorrow night. Better players exists and yet they don't end up on the ice.

Reactions: Megaterio Llamas

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
Trainer is back, but Blujus is not. Joe says he assumes that he's not coming back tonight,

He's talking now about how the vet situation handcuffs the insertion of Sifers without taking out one of the 5 Vets playing tonight, meaning Watson AND Saucerman would be in. I swear I'm not sitting with him.

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
Comets playing better, but the Crunch have thrown the defensive blanket over them and are waiting to counter-punch.

3 left to play in the 2nd and the shots are 4-3 Crunch.

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
Boucher misses wide on a good rush that saw him getting off a clean shot from the high slot. rebound off the boards frozen by Pasquale.

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
I don't think I have heard MacEwen's name mentioned more than twice and he has been invisible to me on the screen.

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
Dahlen loses every puck battle no matter where it occurs on the ice.

Ivan called upon to come up big on a huge scramble in his crease.

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
2nd period ends. no change in the score. That's about the only plus for the Comets. They didn't give up any more in what is usually their worst period. Offensively you would have to say they lived up to their rep of poor second periods as they mustered a whopping 4! SOG.

SOG for the period 7-4 Syracuse.

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
MacEwen after 2 periods 0 SOG and -1

Gaunce and Chatfield are -2 for the 2 periods.

Dahlen 3 SOG during the 4 PPs and -1 thus far.

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
I noticed early on he seemed to have gone totally solo and was trying to do everything himself, out of step with line mates...

I know people are on me about my critiques of him, but that's how I see him most nights and then he makes good on one of those solo tries or tips in a PP shot or converts one pass and he's a too good for the AHL and needs to be in Vancouver.

Remember what I said about stats at the end of the first period. His game gets eaten alive in the NHL.

Boucher has been an offensive whizz for 2 seasons in a row. He's an AHL All-Star 2 seasons in a row. Tied for first in the shooting skills contest with 4 targets in 6 shots. Don't read a whole lot of posts calling for his need in the Vancouver lineup.

Oh, and neither is effective defensively either. Green's #1 consideration for a place in his lineup.

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
Hear Benning has sung Chatfiled's praises and said he needs to get a look this season. The guy has played 14 games. Where does this sudden exclamation of his play come from? More Johnson blowing smoke up his ass? Benning has not seen him play at all this season and I don't believe he has actually seen the kid play live for the Comets since he was signed.

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
Comets need goals and are having trouble getting out of their own zone. Then get caught up ice on a horrible turnover and end up with a centering pass off the side boards on the rush for what ends up a 2 on none chance in front and the Crunch make it ----
3-0!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad