2018-19 UEFA Europa League

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos
IMO Frankfurt doesn't hold a candle to Chelsea.

IMO Frankfurt play some of the most exciting football in Europe. They're fast, tireless and direct. They're offensively magnificent at times while taking risks at the back.
Certainly more entertaining than Sarri-ball, and the one million side passes before you can safely crawl the ball up the pitch to see if Hazard can dribble past 4 people.

Reactions: Pouchkine

Theokritos

Global Moderator
Apr 6, 2010
IMO Frankfurt play some of the most exciting football in Europe. They're fast, tireless and direct. They're offensively magnificent at times while taking risks at the back.
Certainly more entertaining than Sarri-ball, and the one million side passes before you can safely crawl the ball up the pitch to see if Hazard can dribble past 4 people.

Did you watch the first leg? I did. Frankfurt were bystanders for 60+ minutes and looked way overmatched.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
There are lots of examples of teams playing well in a European competition while stinking it up domestically, Aresenal's poor play in the league shouldn't automatically morally disqualify them from being allowed to do well in Europe. Whether they will of course is another matter..

Also hope Frankfurt can upset Chelsea. On the chance we do manage to close this out, one all-England final is quite enough thank you

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos
Did you watch the first leg? I did. Frankfurt were bystanders for 60+ minutes and looked way overmatched.

They didn't have neither Rebic nor Haller.
Both will be available tonight (though Haller likely starting on the bench, not fully match-fit).

Chelsea's the favorite, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if Frankfurt go through.

Theokritos

Global Moderator
Apr 6, 2010
They didn't have neither Rebic nor Haller.
Both will be available tonight (though Haller likely starting on the bench, not fully match-fit).

Chelsea's the favorite, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if Frankfurt go through.

And Chelsea had Frankfurt in the ropes before Hazard even came on.

It's not impossible Frankfurt advance, but I would be very surprised. They were lucky to get past Benfica and lucky to not lose at home against Chelsea. They're a respectable team, but I think they have been slightly overperforming and they are running out of gas now. In the Bundesliga they just got destroyed 1-6 by Leverkusen, with Rebic in the team. IMO they don't have a EL final in them.

But we'll see.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Considering that yesterday was one of the worst sports days of my life in recent memory I am fully expecting this to carry on today and have Arsenal lose on penalties tonight.

Then we'll officially be a Europa level team and everyone can laugh at us.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Good recovery there by Kos, having a Valencia break through there would have been a stressful start.

Just control the game boys! Slow and steady

Last edited:

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Well that is not the confidence inducing start I was hoping for... Going to need an away goal, or two...

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Arsenal has too many good players to be in such bad form. That was a nice goal.

Meh. The defense has far too many costly mental lapses. No consistency either. Definitely better than the recent form but until there is a consistent level of solid defense they are going to drop points in games they shouldn't be

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
14699411_10202192533733012_769573332_o.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad