2018-19 UEFA Europa League

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Disappointing result but I'd still be shocked if they don't go through. If you can't beat BATE by more than 1 goal at home you don't deserve to anyways.

True, but they're also down Lacazette.

Chelsea will be in an interesting spot. Malmo showed some stuff today and easily could have had a better result. Sure Chelsea needs to just not lose at home or not give up more than a goal, but they've got United in the FA cup on Monday, Malmo Thursday, then City in the league cup Sunday, then Spurs in the league on Wednesday so they'll definitely have to balance the squad a bit. One advantage they have is that all of those games are at home except the league cup obviously being at Wembley.

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden
And Malmö is in pre season mode. Swedish league starts April 1st, shouldn't be a problem for Chelsea. It was evident towards the end of the game that some Malmö players struggled with fatique.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
I know the Bate player made the most of it, but how can you possibly argue against that? Deserved red.

Hm, maybe I need to go back and look at it again? What I saw was the BATE player holding Lacazette (fairly brutally) and then when Laca finally managed to get him off, his hand happened to touch the BATE player's face

ScottishCanuck

May 9, 2010
Scotland
Celtic awful last night and for a while in Europe now. When you have the 12th highest wage bill in the competition and can't even string some forward passes together something is seriously wrong.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Hm, maybe I need to go back and look at it again? What I saw was the BATE player holding Lacazette (fairly brutally) and then when Laca finally managed to get him off, his hand happened to touch the BATE player's face

He was definitely fouled and held, but he clearly threw the elbow back. The BATE player got a deserved yellow for his foul/hold too.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
I have some sympathy with Lacazette in that situation. And I don’t think he hits him cleanly with the elbow, but still an easy red.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I am not worried at all

Me neither! We all knew this year was going to have a lot of ups and downs. Stay the course allow Unai to utilize a couple more windows and let's see where it all goes.

That game was clearly a down, but they will rebound and I still think they can win the competition!

Scouter

Oct 21, 2007
Celtic awful last night and for a while in Europe now. When you have the 12th highest wage bill in the competition and can't even string some forward passes together something is seriously wrong.

You know they did play Valencia right, who are pretty good.

ScottishCanuck

May 9, 2010
Scotland
You know they did play Valencia right, who are pretty good.

I'm not disputing the fact that Valencia are a good team. They had it far too easy though.

That was an inexcusable performance. I've been going to Celtic Park since the Larsson and O'Neill days and that was the most gutless display I've ever witnessed in a European tie.

Pouchkine

May 20, 2015
Valencia isn't that great these days, that's an awful loss at home. So who's the favorite to win it all now? Tough to predict.

Pouchkine

May 20, 2015
Arsenal being out next thursday, anyone believes in it? It sure can happen, Borisov have gained some good experience playing good teams for many years now it isn't impossible.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Leverkusen are playing quite well now, and they have dangerous young attacking players. I think they have an outside shot.

It seems there's a decent chance that both the finalists might need to win the final to qualify for next season's CL, would make the final much more intense. Chelsea vs. Inter maybe.

Reactions: Pouchkine

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Let's see what Arsenal does

Just about had a heart attack. Hadn't turned the game on and got a notification that it was 1-0. Saw that "Zakhar Volkov (BATE)" was the goal scorer and was about to flip out until I saw own goal

Won't feel comfortable until we get at least two more.

My lord, Mkhi, take a touch!

Some terrible defending. Man was left completely open at the backpost. Where's the right back? Or right wing? Or midfielder? Someone should be there.

We've been uninspiring for the most part, but it's 2-0. Still want another

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad