LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010

tenor.gif

Reactions: JeffP

Sports2

smack my bisch up
Jul 1, 2018
I almost wish we had a contract bad enough to want to flip for Loui Eriksson at 50% retained.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
What are yalls thoughts on maybe acquiring Nick Bjugstad from the Panthers? 6'6 but only 10 points this season in 29 games and struggling it appears. 49 points last year and only 26 years old. Seems like Jim Nill's type of guy. Panthers are selling I assume and he's a piece that could maybe be available..

I don't know a whole lot about him personally and his playstyle so just looking to see what others think :laugh:

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
What are yalls thoughts on maybe acquiring Nick Bjugstad from the Panthers? 6'6 but only 10 points this season in 29 games and struggling it appears. 49 points last year and only 26 years old. Seems like Jim Nill's type of guy. Panthers are selling I assume and he's a piece that could maybe be available..

I don't know a whole lot about him personally and his playstyle so just looking to see what others think :laugh:

hell no to Hanzal 2.0

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Who the **** is Bogdan Kisielevich? He sounds like a Basketball player

okay-ish bottom pairing defender in FLA

fans here seem like to him

we should not be interested

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Also I'm probably just not remembering anything, but has there ever been this much speculation a month+ out before the deadline? Are the writers just getting bored/need more money?

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Also I'm probably just not remembering anything, but has there ever been this much speculation a month+ out before the deadline? Are the writers just getting bored/need more money?

I noticed that too. Are we finally gonna get an exciting deadline?

Frozen Failure

They got business in my hockey, and I hate it.
Nov 13, 2007
DFW
Actually I toyed with suggesting Bjugstad as a target for the Stars. Having a down year, has scored 40+ points before, big, space maker. But he has injury and consistency issues, so he might not be worth it.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I remember he was friends with Tufte or something so thats something i guess ?!

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I noticed that too. Are we finally gonna get an exciting deadline?

I don't know we haven't had one in years maybe just desperation from the media because nothing is happening anymore.

Hockey Dad

Jan 27, 2016
Texas
I almost wish we had a contract bad enough to want to flip for Loui Eriksson at 50% retained.
If the 2 owners would make a trade I would ship hanzel and a pick or lesser prospect or possibly a roster player for Eriksson with some retention. I think Eriksson has 3 years left, hanzel only 1. Even with retention don’t think cost would be too high because of difference in length of contracts.

ZeHockeyFan

Apr 9, 2014

Stars aren't alone in the pursuit of Brassard

The more I think about it, the more I feel this rumor is likely a bunch of nothing. None of Nill's trades that have been successfully completed have had any warnings prior. No one knew the Seguin, Spezza, Sharp/Johns, or even Cogliano were even in the works until after they happened. My guess is that these rumors of being in on this guy or that guy is just management drumming up some press to show that they tried to add, e.g. Karlsson and Tavares, and failed because the ask was too high. As a result, they all get to keep their jobs for effort, not results.

Don't mind being proven wrong though. We do need someone on the top-six. Not sure if Brassard is that guy.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kcb12345 and Bfantz

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
The more I think about it, the more I feel this rumor is likely a bunch of nothing. None of Nill's trades that have been successfully completed have had any warnings prior. No one knew the Seguin, Spezza, Sharp/Johns, or even Cogliano were even in the works until after they happened. My guess is that these rumors of being in on this guy or that guy is just to drum up some press to show that management tried to add, e.g. Karlsson and Tavares, and failed because the ask was too high. As a result, management gets to keep its job for effort, not results.

Don't mind being proven wrong though. We do need someone on the top-six. Not sure if Brassard is that guy.
I don’t think there’s a fit with Pittsburgh as a trade partner . No point in swapping 3rd Line Center for 3rd Line Center with a higher salary . 2 teams that are both in the playoff race don’t usually swap key players .

ZeHockeyFan

Apr 9, 2014
I don’t think there’s a fit with Pittsburgh as a trade partner . No point in swapping 3rd Line Center for 3rd Line Center with a higher salary . 2 teams that are both in the playoff race don’t usually swap key players .

Brassard isn't a 3C. He is a top-six center, but he could be regressing. Even if he isn't, he is not going to find someone here to finish his plays. He is a playmaker first and foremost.

Last edited:

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
Brassard isn't a 3C, but he could be regressing. Even if he isn't, he is not going to find someone here to finish his plays. He is a playmaker first and foremost.
He might be capable of playing second Line Center , but he’s 3rd Line in Pittsburgh so they would essentially be saying brassard is too good of a 3rd liner so we need to try to get a true 3rd liner before we get nothing for him . That doesn’t make any sense for a team that’s trying to win a cup . My guess is there just circling around trying to see if anyone’s Willing to give them a younger cheaper contract and fill the same role so they can spend money elsewhere .

JeffP

had meat hello
Nov 30, 2010
"Report: Kings want 1st-round pick, prospect for Muzzin"
My kneejerk is: no, but if they'd take some salary off of our hands in the process and take a nothing prospect..?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad