Speculation: 2018-19 Trade Discussion & Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

JeffP

had meat hello
Nov 30, 2010
no david no, go away.

he also has us fishing at schlemko, who we grabbed off of waivers and then also waived

.. but he wasnt at 2.25 then :{

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Please tell me this is a terrible source..

TFP is not the best, but this isn’t worthless information either.

I would assume this means Methot and Johns are unlikely to be regulars again this year.

That leaves us with, when healthy: Klingberg, Heiskanen, Lindell, and Polak. I would hope Bayreuther has cemented a spot on the team. If we add a bottom pairing LHD, then our top 6 is set. Methot or Johns returning is just gravy. Carrick likely stays as the 7D all season.

My issue is neither of those names seem like big improvements on Carrick, if at all. They better be very cheap asset-wise if we’re gonna make a move.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I don't trust this source. We already had Schlemko under Nill and waived him again pretty fast. I don't get why we would bring him back again now just way more expensive. With Carrick and Klingberg returning in two-three weeks there's no need for anyone anyway.

Seems like a Habs guy who wants some extra clicks.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017

Shapiro trying to calm things down here. I suppose it's possible they were scouting for their upcoming game against them but they already played them once. Do teams usually scout before every single game against a team?

Reactions: LatvianTwist

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg

Shapiro trying to calm things down here. I suppose it's possible they were scouting for their upcoming game against them but they already played them once. Do teams usually scout before every single game against a team?

No, they do not scout every game.

I don't believe this Alzner business. Makes no sense unless Nill has completely lost the plot.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
I don't trust this source. We already had Schlemko under Nill and waived him again pretty fast. I don't get why we would bring him back again now just way more expensive. With Carrick and Klingberg returning in two-three weeks there's no need for anyone anyway.

Seems like a Habs guy who wants some extra clicks.

Not a Habs guy

do clicks on twitter generate revenue

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
I believe this news because if I've learned anything about Jim Nill it is that the man can't judge defense to save his life.

His work this year has been pretty good to be honest. Carrick was a decent pickup. Polak doesn't make me want to hurt myself. Fedun actually looks good. Hanley is pretty steady. Bayreuther has looked good. Yet, he apparently still wants another defenseman?

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Not a Habs guy

do clicks on twitter generate revenue

No, Twitter doesn't have a ton of ads which actually makes their business model terrible. If they didn't have such a massive user base, it'd be long gone by now.

Frozen Failure

They got business in my hockey, and I hate it.
Nov 13, 2007
DFW
Maybe they don't like Bayreuther being in the NHL? Which is stupid because he's been decent enough. Or do they feel like Bayreuther is a LHD playing RD and if he's better at RD then he'll be far down the depth chart when Klingberg and Carrick return? Or is it because our defensemen are Very Bad (tm) at puck movement?

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Do teams usually scout before every single game against a team?
They don't have scouts attending each team ahead of the Stars playing them, but they do have pro scouts constantly bouncing around the league. Every team does. Some of the scouting is helping get info to coaches for game prep. Some of the scouting is about keeping up opinions on current players who could be future trade, free agency, or waiver targets. The hockey rumormongers have long tried to link scout attending games with trades being in the works, but there's essentially no connection.

Reactions: LatvianTwist

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Maybe they don't like Bayreuther being in the NHL? Which is stupid because he's been decent enough. Or do they feel like Bayreuther is a LHD playing RD and if he's better at RD then he'll be far down the depth chart when Klingberg and Carrick return? Or is it because our defensemen are Very Bad (tm) at puck movement?

I think he wants a new 7th/8th dman if anything. Johns and Methot both may not return/will never be fully healthy so they gotta replenish the depth I guess.

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
Unless we are picking up a bonifide top four defenceman we shouldn’t make any moves. Considering that we’ve been playing two top four players (Lindell, Miro), two tweeners (Bay, Polak), and two AHLers (Fedun, Hanley) we are doing okay. Don’t waist cap space on guys like Schlemko and Alzner.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
We don't even have all that much capspace left because we called up so many guys. When Hanzal comes back we'll have like 300k or something like that in Capspace . So we have to send stuff back roughly equal in money value. Makes it easier for teams to take advantage of us .

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Well Honka for Sprong won't happen :(

Must be nice to have a GM that knows when it's time to make a move/move on from a young player

Bet it's something around Silfverberg but idk maybe prospect for prospect or for a dman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad