Speculation: 2018-19 Trade Discussion & Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
We're not trading a defenseman until someone is back. Yeah Honka is in the doghouse but do you want to call up another AHL guy just to sit ? Gleason needs to play in the AHL not ride the pine in the NHL and we called up all of our 2way veteran guys with experience. Could call up Heatherington to sit but he's worse than Honka . If he has to play because someone is injured thats a massive disaster. We've already seen that.

I mean look what the Texas Stars currently ices on defense . Its either AHL rookies or guys who just are not NHL players . Some of the guys don't even have a contract for Dallas.

MBTendy

May 6, 2009
Ya I was going to post about Brassard. He’s definitely a 2nd line centre more than a bottom 6 centre. Depending on the price, i’d welcome him.

Would prefer a better center but at this point, it doesn’t look like there’s one available (aside from Duchene)

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
How many 32 year olds do we need?

Nill is going to tank this team, miss the playoffs, get fired, and f*** up a rebuild because he traded young assets for old ones and traded draft picks.

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
I’d take Brassard for a 2nd. Not wanting to trade any of the young guys who are actually contributing to the team though

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
I’d take Brassard for a 2nd. Not wanting to trade any of the young guys who are actually contributing to the team though

I'd do Brassard for a conditional 3rd + Tufte

Becomes a 4th if he doesn't re-sign :laugh:of course this doesn't match the Penguins needs though. They'll want a center back

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010

I'd do Brassard for a conditional 3rd + Tufte

Becomes a 4th if he doesn't re-sign :laugh:of course this doesn't match the Penguins needs though. They'll want a center back

I wouldn't do either of these, Brassard isn't good and is more of the same. He also further adds to the stupid logjam we have in the bottom 6.

He doesn't create much, if any, of his own offense. That's what we really need. That's also why Zuccarello is my ideal target.

Reactions: Satan

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Adding Brassard isn't going to cost anything that matters. He's also not going to come in here and take ice time from anyone doing anything. This also isn't a long-term commitment since he's a UFA this summer, so his age doesn't matter.

Someone tell me the downside.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Adding Brassard isn't going to cost anything that matters. He's also not going to come in here and take ice time from anyone doing anything. This also isn't a long-term commitment since he's a UFA this summer, so his age doesn't matter.

Someone tell me the downside.

Pittsburgh fans seem pretty certain they're gonna get Faksa+ for him.

Reactions: AveryStar4Eva

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
If we move some picks and maybe some dead weight (could they want Hanzal?), I'm all for it. It seems like Brassard has asked out - I'm not sure why else they'd move him. Hopefully that hurts his value.

Troy McClure

Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
If we move some picks and maybe some dead weight (could they want Hanzal?), I'm all for it. It seems like Brassard has asked out - I'm not sure why else they'd move him. Hopefully that hurts his value.
To offer up a bit of downside, this would probably be the last move Nill could make before the deadline. I guess if you were holding out hope for a trade for a real scoring winger, this takes that off the table by eating up the little bit of remaining cap space.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
From Friedman's 31 thoughts:

"I don’t think Dallas is done, either. There’ve been Brett Ritchie rumours and I think they are looking to see if anyone wants to take a chance with Valeri Nichushkin. That return’s been very disappointing. He hasn’t scored in 37 games."

ZeHockeyFan

Apr 9, 2014
From Friedman's 31 thoughts:

"I don’t think Dallas is done, either. There’ve been Brett Ritchie rumours and I think they are looking to see if anyone wants to take a chance with Valeri Nichushkin. That return’s been very disappointing. He hasn’t scored in 37 games."

I am very very surprised that moving Nichushkin is even being considered by Nill. I'd be happy if he manages to get a decent return for him. Exhilarated if the return is good.

Troy McClure

Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
I am very very surprised that moving Nichushkin is even being considered by Nill. I'd be happy if he manages to get a decent return for him. Exhilarated if the return is good.
Getting $3 million off the books for next season would be the biggest win from moving Nichushkin. Give the next GM more cap room to use going after players who can use those cap dollars to contribute offense.

Frozen Failure

They got business in my hockey, and I hate it.
Nov 13, 2007
DFW
I don't understand the disdain for Derick Brassard. He is exactly the middle 6 (do NOT call him a bottom 6, this infers defensive skill weighting) center this organization needs. I do not know what's wrong with Spezza other than maybe lingering injuries, but Brassard CAN put up points. He went from 18+ minutes ATOI to 15 with Pittsburgh, probably with weaker wingers in a bottom 6 equivalent role to fill the loss of both Jordan Staal and Brandon Sutter. He won't have that here if we have some combination of Faksa, Dickinson, Hintz and whichever AHL guy is up to fill a role, so he'll be left to help mainly drive offense. Which we need. Which we've been complaining about. Which the price for a long term piece is out of our wheelhouse unless you want to see more picks hucked out.

Dallas would absolutely idiotic to cough up Faksa. Sure, he's not some offensive monster, but he got Selke votes last year. And the only dig against him is that he has to carry Comeau and Pitlick up and down the ice all night. And they look dangerous at times, just not actually dangerous.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
I don't understand the disdain for Derick Brassard. He is exactly the middle 6 (do NOT call him a bottom 6, this infers defensive skill weighting) center this organization needs. I do not know what's wrong with Spezza other than maybe lingering injuries, but Brassard CAN put up points. He went from 18+ minutes ATOI to 15 with Pittsburgh, probably with weaker wingers in a bottom 6 equivalent role to fill the loss of both Jordan Staal and Brandon Sutter. He won't have that here if we have some combination of Faksa, Dickinson, Hintz and whichever AHL guy is up to fill a role, so he'll be left to help mainly drive offense. Which we need. Which we've been complaining about. Which the price for a long term piece is out of our wheelhouse unless you want to see more picks hucked out.

Dallas would absolutely idiotic to cough up Faksa. Sure, he's not some offensive monster, but he got Selke votes last year. And the only dig against him is that he has to carry Comeau and Pitlick up and down the ice all night. And they look dangerous at times, just not actually dangerous.

bad corsi (43% corsi this yr; -7% relative to teammates)
ugly scoring rates
wrong side of 30
likely have to overpay to get him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad