NCAA 2018-19 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Barkley was a bad defender who never won a title and admits it. Congrats kid, I think that's the deepest baloney I've ever read here. ;)

Ah, my b. Didn't realize you were talking about Barkley, thought you were going in on Zion...which is why my response started with "...Zion is" ;-)

I'm only turning 30 in april, so Charles' early days & prime were before my time and so I can't speak to his game...but Zion's defensive potential has me excited, both as a weakside shotblocker & as a perimeter guy. Kid is just so freaky & talented; his handle, playmaking & finesse around the rim would be impressive even if he jumped like a 32 yo Larry Johnson, nevermind having those skills while being able to float like Vince at 272 & serious defensive potential.

If Little weren't such an advanced shooter & tenacious defender with his length & ahtleticism; Reddish weren't so absurdly talented that he genuinely evokes TMac when focused in; Barrett didn't have that nasty old-man-game like Harden did; it would be hard not to get too enamored with Zion. Thankfully, the entire top 4 in this class is amazing.

Last edited:

Elvis P

Pretzel Logic
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
If Duke played the Fab Five 100 times over a two year period, Duke would lose 100 times.

Sep 19, 2008
i am so proud to see a canadian do this well in NCAA basketball

RJ Barrett may be the best canadian basketball player in Canada history

Sep 19, 2008
Michigan is killing Nova in their own gym.

And all good people are loving it! ;)

Michigan 73, Villanova 46 | mgoblog

Screen%20Shot%202018-11-14%20at%209.58.20%20PM.png

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
It turns out Gonzaga is also really good. Rui is another impressive prospect in this year's draft.

I'm not sure what Duke was doing down the stretch. Barrett's great but that was some bad hero ball. They didn't run any plays or try to get Zion involved.

Hadoop

Aug 13, 2002
Mississauga
It turns out Gonzaga is also really good. Rui is another impressive prospect in this year's draft.

I'm not sure what Duke was doing down the stretch. Barrett's great but that was some bad hero ball. They didn't run any plays or try to get Zion involved.

If I'm coach K this isn't the worst thing that could have happened. The team was getting too much hype for their own good and this should get their heads back down to earth.

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
Asu looking to win Vegas again. They look good. Less dependent on the 3 compared to last year, will help them in conference fornsure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad