Speculation: 2018-19 roster

Blue Goose

May 26, 2012
Los Angeles
hockeytransplant.com
I'd like to see haula center a 3 with eakin sliding to wing, and tatar.stastny.tuch on 2.

EXACTLY.

Wildcat Line
Tatar - Stastny - Tuch
Nosek - Haula - Carpenter
Eakin - PEB - Carrier/Reaves

Playing Tatar with Eakin would diminish his offensive abilities. Nosek and Carpenter are defensively responsible enough and provide more offense than Eakin.

Reactions: Aurinko

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Marchy Karlsson Smith
Tatar Stastny Tuch
Haula Eakin Carr
Nosek Bellemare Reaves
Carrier
Carpenter

McNabb Holden
Theodore Engelland
Merrill Miller
Hunt

Chances Hague makes the team?

2%? He's eligible for the AHL despite his draft year, so he should be getting plenty of ice time with the Wolves.

Sep 8, 2013
Toronto Nebula
Marchy Karlsson Smith
Tatar Stastny Tuch
Haula Eakin Carr
Nosek Bellemare Reaves
Carrier
Carpenter

McNabb Holden
Theodore Engelland
Merrill Miller
Hunt

2%? He's eligible for the AHL despite his draft year, so he should be getting plenty of ice time with the Wolves.
I see, not quite NHL ready eh? Thanks.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Mark me down as one who thinks Haula should start the season on the second line. Guy has a phenomenal year at 2C last year and we instantly replace him with Stastny, paying him significantly more, and then move him down to the third line and then move him over to the wing?

Thanks for buying in and thinking we believe in your abilities and then going out and proving it, now we are going to treat you like the fluke misfit your old team did.

Bonus benefit (though certainly not the reason you make this move) is you give the guy who is going to be UFA in two years an opportunity to put up bigger numbers again so he would be a more valuable trade chip. And Tuch on the third line would have to really show what he was worth coming out of his ELC.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
Marchy Karlsson Smith
Tatar Stastny Tuch
Haula Eakin Carr
Nosek Bellemare Reaves
Carrier
Carpenter

McNabb Holden
Theodore Engelland
Merrill Miller
Hunt

It incenses me that we brought Holden in to shore up our blue line, then lost Nate for a quarter of the season, bringing us right back to Merrill and Hunt vying for the last D spot. Hey, if we can't come to terms with Shea, we could see em both!

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
It incenses me that we brought Holden in to shore up our blue line, then lost Nate for a quarter of the season, bringing us right back to Merrill and Hunt vying for the last D spot. Hey, if we can't come to terms with Shea, we could see em both!

It's not going to be pretty, but at least we'll know what we really have. Every crisis brings opportunity. And then...there's always next year with Glass and Brannstrom and...:)

Mark me down as one who thinks Haula should start the season on the second line. Guy has a phenomenal year at 2C last year and we instantly replace him with Stastny, paying him significantly more, and then move him down to the third line and then move him over to the wing?

Thanks for buying in and thinking we believe in your abilities and then going out and proving it, now we are going to treat you like the fluke misfit your old team did.

Bonus benefit (though certainly not the reason you make this move) is you give the guy who is going to be UFA in two years an opportunity to put up bigger numbers again so he would be a more valuable trade chip. And Tuch on the third line would have to really show what he was worth coming out of his ELC.

Tuch and Haula will see plenty of time on the power play, I'm sure. The Wild's biggest mistake was not putting Haula on the PP.

I see, not quite NHL ready eh? Thanks.
Never say never I suppose, but he was drafted as a bit of a project so I would imagine a year or two in the AHL would be better for his development, not to mention he's probably behind smooth skating Brannstrom (who can play either LD or RD)in the depth chart.

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast

You'll be more incensed when you watch Holden continue to give the puck away night after night.

Reactions: Pirate Deadpool

Aurinko

Apr 1, 2015
Finland
I think it's positive to see Schmidt away.

We will get to see what the other D can do. The first season was amazing since there were so many exciting "new" players to follow. Schmidt will be there back in time to save the season!

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
I'm glad you guys are so upbeat about this, but I wasn't sold on our D even before the suspension. I hope they prove me wrong, wouldn't be the first time.

40 potential points up for grabs. This could cost them the season considering how awful the d looked without Schmidt at the end of last year.

Aurinko

Apr 1, 2015
Finland
Pacioretty will absolutely have a bounceback year.

I'm telling you Pacioretty-Stastny-Haula is something that will be tested sooner than after.

Whaaat! Why?

a) Turk likes Haula
b) Haula likes his 2nd line spot
c) Haula is a versatile player
d) Both wingers have similar kind of shot, shoot purely wristers
e) Both wingers like to get some speed

Scott Stevens said he thinks Haula should play defense, they even played him as one in Wild practices. He might be one of those cases where a leftie can excel as RW. It's not the intuitive thing to try, but I expect nothing less from Turk than trying it out.

Aurinko

Apr 1, 2015
Finland
Haula is going to be on the losing side, since it looks almost certain that the original reason he signed with Vegas is gone (top-6 role).

He's been very vocal about it and has said that he will play whatever position is needed to win, but still I could see Vegas trading him to a D after the next season if the 3rd line role isn't to his liking.

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
I think it's positive to see Schmidt away.
Yeah, if a plane crash is a good thing. *sigh* The #1 dman ate up valuable, effective minutes in all important situations.

I think it's interesting to see him out of the line-up in a contract year. If the team is under 0.500 after 20 games with higher goals against, then that'll help him in contract negotiations.

Aurinko

Apr 1, 2015
Finland
Yeah, if a plane crash is a good thing. *sigh* The #1 dman ate up valuable, effective minutes in all important situations.

I think it's interesting to see him out of the line-up in a contract year. If the team is under 0.500 after 20 games with higher goals against, then that'll help him in contract negotiations.

You should actually read the comment in whole.

Pirate Deadpool

Mar 3, 2011
Las Vegas, NV
I see Haula moving to the 3rd line. I think the mayor will be given every chance to play 2nd line winger plus the 3rd line was brutal last year and was the worst line overall imho. Haula, Nosek, and ??? has to be better than a line with Eakin centering it.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Karlsson disappointment aside (and it is massively disappointing) we apparently are still trying to win now.

Even with Schmidt and Theodore in the defense, we still need another good defender or an upgrade to compete, so who is there? Trouba?

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Karlsson disappointment aside (and it is massively disappointing) we apparently are still trying to win now.

Even with Schmidt and Theodore in the defense, we still need another good defender or an upgrade to compete, so who is there? Trouba?

They'd be fine with Schmidt. Without him...

Holden Theodore
McNabb Miller
Brannstrom Engelland

hope for the best.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
They'd be fine with Schmidt. Without him...

Holden Theodore
McNabb Miller
Brannstrom Engelland

hope for the best.

I don't think adding Schmidt to that D is Cup contender material, and we just traded for and signed a veteran winger to win now.

I still think the upgrade or addition needs to be made. Maybe not this year but by next season for sure unless Brannstrom and/or Hague make a break out by then.

Aurinko

Apr 1, 2015
Finland
I think it's just about figuring out the 3rd line wingers and we are good to smash.

Who needs defense anyway? xD

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad