Speculation: 2018-19 roster

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
Hague may be "more NHL ready" than Brannstrom. That is not to say that he'll surpass him career long.

Too early still, this could be debatable for the next few years as both are impacts on defence. I'm high on what they both bring to the game.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Hague may be "more NHL ready" than Brannstrom. That is not to say that he'll surpass him career long.

I disagree. Hague would easily be the slowest player on the team.
Is Brannstrom a guy, that if he plays this year or into the future, that would always be behind Theodore in terms of PP units (Theo 1st and Brann 2nd)?

Always is pretty strong language.

Brazen331

Jul 18, 2018
I was at the Coyote game and saw both Brannstrom and Hague. I think Brannstrom is the more polished NHL ready player. First, Bran played in the SHL not OHL; he is used to playing against men. Second, look at their games...Hague is going to play a much more physical, grinding game and he needs to fill out that 6'6 frame to be able to deliver and take all that punishment.

Bran at 5'9 weighs more than Glass at 6'2 I believe. Hague needs to add muscle and polish to his game.

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
I disagree. Hague would easily be the slowest player on the team.

Keep in mind Vegas are one of the more faster skating teams league wide.

We all know bigger defenceman who have weight are more often than not considered projects, so he's progressing faster than expected.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
Dansk on waivers with Leslie and Gallant. Fingers crossed.

No. Theodore isn't #1 to begin with. The #1 is usually Miller with 4 forwards.

PP time will up for grabs between Miller, Hague, Theodore and Brannstrom.
A dman like Brannstrom would allow them to go two Ds.

sabresfan65

Vegas HAS Hockey!!
Sponsor
May 23, 2004
Vegas
Not going to lie, I'm not into offense oriented D.

I do see Branny has the hands and shot, but in preseason being at plusminus -1 isn't awesome when the team scoring is at 19-5 .
+/- is such a bad stat. You do everything perfect and your D partner or the center loses his man, Goal for other team you get -1. You make a great stretch pass to send a guy all alone on the goalie and head off for a change, Goal, you get an assist but no +1, the guy that replaced you gets the +. You get 3 PPP and allow one EV goal,-1.

Aurinko

Apr 1, 2015
Finland
+/- is such a bad stat. You do everything perfect and your D partner or the center loses his man, Goal for other team you get -1. You make a great stretch pass to send a guy all alone on the goalie and head off for a change, Goal, you get an assist but no +1, the guy that replaced you gets the +. You get 3 PPP and allow one EV goal,-1.

It's not very comparable to other lines, but if you are a top D, you have to have a positive +/- and at least beat your D-pair. If it rains every time you hit the rink, that's not good. You can also look +/- that includes the PP and PK btw, if you only look official stats, you won't get the right picture.

sabresfan65

Vegas HAS Hockey!!
Sponsor
May 23, 2004
Vegas
It's not very comparable to other lines, but if you are a top D, you have to have a positive +/- and at least beat your D-pair. If it rains every time you hit the rink, that's not good. You can also look +/- that includes the PP and PK btw, if you only look official stats, you won't get the right picture.
Which is what you did by saying he is a -1, but if you include PP then Branstrom is a +2 since he has 1PPG and 2PPA

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
What it should be

Marchy Karlsson Smith
Patches Stastny Tuch
Carr Haula Nosek
Eakin Belly Carrier
Carpenter
Crosby

McNabb Miller
Theodore Engelland
Holden Bischoff
Hunt

What it will be

Marchy Karlsson Smith
Patches Stastny Haula
Nosek Eakin Tuch
Carr Belly Reaves
Carrier
Carpenter

McNabb Miller
Brannstrom Engelland
Holden Bischoff
Hunt

Reactions: Aurinko

mundyc3

May 17, 2017
Las Vegas, NV
What it should be

Marchy Karlsson Smith
Patches Stastny Tuch
Carr Haula Nosek
Eakin Belly Carrier
Carpenter
Crosby

McNabb Miller
Theodore Engelland
Holden Bischoff
Hunt

What it will be

Marchy Karlsson Smith
Patches Stastny Haula
Nosek Eakin Tuch
Carr Belly Reaves
Carrier
Carpenter

McNabb Miller
Brannstrom Engelland
Holden Bischoff
Hunt
Crosby you say?

Aurinko

Apr 1, 2015
Finland
What it should be

Marchy Karlsson Smith
Patches Stastny Tuch
Carr Haula Nosek
Eakin Belly Carrier
Carpenter
Crosby

McNabb Miller
Theodore Engelland
Holden Bischoff
Hunt

What it will be

Marchy Karlsson Smith
Patches Stastny Haula << I'm 100% ready to test haula as a winger, and I hope Turk has the balls to try him there (leftie), just for science
Nosek Eakin Tuch
Carr Belly Reaves
Carrier
Carpenter << Carps will play in the lineup, Turk likes him (and i love him)

McNabb Miller
Brannstrom Engelland
Holden Bischoff
Hunt

Balls Mahoney

2015-2016 HF Premier League World Champion
Aug 14, 2008
Legend
Hague and Brannstrom are sent down.

I know, but still. A team the caliber of Vegas to have so many talented young defensemen is excellent. I'm a Canuck fan, we can't even get one competent young stud defenseman (Hughes is in question and Juolevi busted so hard, it's hysterical) and you guys have four. I could not be a bigger fan of Hague and I've become a HUGE fan of Brannstrom watching him this off-season. His wrist shot from the slot is arguably unstoppable.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
How are the youngins doing? Any chance Brannstrom, Glass, kolesara or Hague make the team?

Brannstrom, Hague, Kolesar assigned to AHL Chicago. Glass returned to junior.

So, unless a miracle occurs, none will be on the season opening NHL roster.

I might expect Brannstrom and Hague to get a cup of coffee in the NHL this season.

Aurinko

Apr 1, 2015
Finland
I did know Gallant really like Carpy, but giving him PP time at the end of the pre-season... I would say Carpy will be in the starting lineup, why else waste PP time on guy that definitely won't be in the power play unless some flu epidemic hits.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->