Speculation: 2018-19 Roster Thread III

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Cogliano making the highlight reel (for the wrong reasons). Shore is in upgrade - much more versatile and offensively skilled, younger, and with a better contract.

Shore is pretty meh at everything and is a huge downgrade defensively and on the PK. Offensively he may be slightly better (although he’s essentially a 30 point player which is the same as what Cogs was until this year) but it’s not enough to make up for the fact that Cogs is more valuable in every other aspect.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
Captain Baldy took a maintenance day at practice today. But he came out to say hello to a friend who dropped by.

i-cRJ33rj-X2.jpg

duckpuck

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2007
Shore is pretty meh at everything and is a huge downgrade defensively and on the PK. Offensively he may be slightly better (although he’s essentially a 30 point player which is the same as what Cogs was until this year) but it’s not enough to make up for the fact that Cogs is more valuable in every other aspect.

Other than claimed "intangibles and leadership," what exactly is Cogs better than Shore at? Nothing I can see. Cogs may be a tad faster (though he's in decline), but the speed doesn't translate to any value because he has hands of stone and doesn't carry play. Shore has far more offensive creativity, is younger, and has a much better contract - makes less per year and will be an RFA if the ducks want to keep him.

You keep insisting Cogs is "valuable". What exactly does he bring to the ice (not the locker room) at this point in his career?

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
not sure if this is sarcasm? cause we all know cogs would've done absolutely nothing for our godawful play the last 2 months or so
and they had a 1-0 shutout over Vancouver without Cogs & with a 4th string goalie named Boyle. Jones imo will eventually take over the role Cogs had in terms of LW that plays on the PK & has speed.
Eventually they could have a shutdown line again in the longterm future in: Jones/Lundestrom/Kase

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
Other than claimed "intangibles and leadership," what exactly is Cogs better than Shore at? Nothing I can see. Cogs may be a tad faster (though he's in decline), but the speed doesn't translate to any value because he has hands of stone and doesn't carry play. Shore has far more offensive creativity, is younger, and has a much better contract - makes less per year and will be an RFA if the ducks want to keep him.

You keep insisting Cogs is "valuable". What exactly does he bring to the ice (not the locker room) at this point in his career?
It's official. Shore is much better at looking creative.

Reactions: Paul4587

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
and they had a 1-0 shutout over Vancouver without Cogs & with a 4th string goalie named Boyle. Jones imo will eventually take over the role Cogs had in terms of LW that plays on the PK & has speed.
Eventually they could have a shutdown line again in the longterm future in: Jones/Lundestrom/Kase
Why would you ever put Kase on a shutdown line? He’s made of glass, and one of the better pure offensive talents on the team. He’s also a smurf. Cogliano worked in that line because he can somehow get up after repeated beatings. Kase would miss 2/3 of the season with the contact Cogliano regularly took in that role.

Reactions: Dmang714

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006

Positioning, PKing, backchecking, boardwork. Cogs was stapled to Kesler all season which hindered him offensively otherwise I doubt their production would be that dissimilar also.

His hands have gotten worse and he’s lost a half step but he’s still a valuable player. For some reason he was scapegoated on these forums like many other undeserving guys have been before.

Reactions: Ducks DVM

darkwingduck

Nov 7, 2014
Mission Viejo, CA
I know this year has been putrid, but from the brief instances, I'm extremely excited about the prospect of having Max Jones, Maxime Comtois, and Nick Ritchie on the Left Wing.

Nick I think has made strides this season, Max Jones looks like a sparkplug, and Comtois seems to have a high-level of play within him.

Max Max Rich.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad